Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Nice

Old 09-15-2007, 12:15 PM
I say, where does speedtech advertise there sales? i'm thinking that I cant give up beer for diapers so if i can save on parts that would still even out

Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Retired Moderator
website...mostly word of mouth though...

Old 09-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I (sort of) photo-chopped some countersunk lights into the lower grill. Comments? (on the idea, not the terrible job on the pic! )

Old 09-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by JDMish
I say, where does speedtech advertise there sales? i'm thinking that I cant give up beer for diapers so if i can save on parts that would still even out

you need to get on their mailing list...............sorry i didn't get over to your office this aft..i pomised your wife i wouldn't show up anywhere near 4...didn't want to delay you again...

can't believe she left the meet so early...lol..harsh, i know...just because it was so hot and she is about to have a baby any day..is that a good enough excuse???

seriously, nice to have her out today. you r a lucky guy..soon to be even better when the baby arrives!!

take care, see you at the next meet..and thank Chris for taking the pictures!!

Old 09-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Akkk!

I just spotted a NHBP Fit sport with my Rims parked on 7th st SW downtown.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:36 PM
Retired Moderator
ROFLMAO!! That's 3 people with the same rims!!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I know!!! This is so unfair!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
ROFLMAO!! That's 3 people with the same rims!!
guess sugarphreak could look at is a compliment..........

Old 09-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Hey can someone do me a big favor? Can someone measure the height of the top nut on your front struts as well as the outer diameter of the hex so I can confirm what belongs where? Should narrow down the sizing for the bottom one...

Old 09-19-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by Illusive
Hey can someone do me a big favor? Can someone measure the height of the top nut on your front struts as well as the outer diameter of the hex so I can confirm what belongs where? Should narrow down the sizing for the bottom one...
confused.....................................

Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 PM
We have figured it out, fix to come saturday among oher things

Old 09-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Woot! I installed the header & exhuast system today!! Sounds fantastic, it has a super low tone but not too loud. Lots of extra power in the upper end now! Also finally got around to painting and blacking out the fogs today too. lol, no time for any of the other stuff today.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:12 PM
NICE!! CONGRATS!! not so good for me....whjole thing apart, just one bolt to go.....it won't budge....put er all back together..have been trying this morning, bolt won't budge...i think i have a header for sale....

drivers side, first bolt on exhaust manifold..where did you attack yours from? thanks sugarphreak

Old 09-23-2007, 01:38 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
If I remember correctly that one gave me trouble too... medium length Breaker bar with a 1/2" drive and Deep Socket. That will give you the best angle, then get one person (Big Person) to pull towards the passenger side and another person to reach in through the battery side and hold the socket onto the bolt.

lol, what screwed me up was the nuts on the header flange, I didn't realize they were welded for like 10 mins!!

Did your T1R header come with a steel wool gasket for use between the header and the cat? I had to re-use my old one. Don't forget, or exhuast will billow out your engine bay!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 09-23-2007 at 01:44 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
If I remember correctly that one gave me trouble too... medium length Breaker bar with a 1/2" drive and Deep Socket. That will give you the best angle, then get one person (Big Person) to pull towards the passenger side and another person to reach in through the battery side and hold the socket onto the bolt.

lol, what screwed me up was the nuts on the header flange, I didn't realize they were welded for like 10 mins!!

Did your T1R header come with a steel wool gasket for use between the header and the cat? I had to re-use my old one. Don't forget, or exhuast will billow out your engine bay!
thanks..will give it a try...otherwise header 4 sale....

no gasket..was told existing would work when i asked about it...this is really pissing me off.....i am ready to commit over one stupid %^%^$% bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 02:16 PM
one more questions sugarphreak..did you do that tough one from above, or from below?????quick, before i go mental on this thing!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I went from above, just put the breaker bar straight up and reef on it towards the passenger side. I was having problems with the socket slipping off because of the angle, so I switched to deep socket and also had somebody holding it from the drivers side (through all the wires and stuff) onto the bolt so it wouldn't slip off.

Yeah I am not totally impressed there was no gasket for the manifold or for the connection to the cat pipe. Looks like every other header comes with one. Another thing that was odd (more specific to the exhuast system) was I couldn't figure out how to attached the muffler using the existing springed bolts because the kit didn't come with nuts that fit, the nuts on the existing are welded on so they arn't going anywhere. I ended up using other bolts that were intended for the Cat to the resonator pipe and just used the old bolts to reattached that section. So no springs on mine

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 09-23-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by davevm
thanks..will give it a try...otherwise header 4 sale....

no gasket..was told existing would work when i asked about it...this is really pissing me off.....i am ready to commit over one stupid %^%^$% bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The existing ones work, just have to remember to put them on I installed the whole system without realizing I had left out the wool gasket. Luckily it is just a matter of pulling two bolts and popping it in

Old 09-23-2007, 06:59 PM
t1r header...honda exhaust manifold..my weekend

sat, 2 hours, can't get one &*&* bolt out, put it all back together, sunday morn, spend and hour on one bolt, no &*&* luck..want to commit or go mental, not sure which is better...put t1r header up for sale...then watch Brett Favre have an amazing game...one for the old guys!!! talk with buddy Sugarphreak who tells me how great is header is..his install was easy.......nuts!!! but helps me with some tips anyway...thanks Sugarphreak...buy some new tools..(always a good day when that happens)...go back out, not lucky this time, but not too worried, latte is ready!!! yumy and my favourite team, Denver is doing well!!! nuts, they blow it on a 4th and 6 from their own 4..gustsy, but a dumb call never the less....go back out, blast some Finger Eleven, give the old college try........YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!got that &*^&*^*& bolt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...the rest will be easy now!!!

i feel so good now..t1r header not for sale...left arm in a sling now..but that &*^&&*bolt is history!!!!!

Last edited by davevm; 09-23-2007 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?