Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:25 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Oh man, Autocross was so much fun.... I am going through withdrawals!! I need my next fix man!! haha, the only thing is I don't want to tear apart my spanky new 195's! A few guys at the course where pretty surprised to even see that size existed I guess I will pick up a set of 15's next spring for the track, I see tiretrends is running a pretty decent special on the lighter 15" Konig's with crappy & good tires! http://www.tiretrends.com/packages.php3
I wonder if the GF will mind a 4th set of tires around the house

You should post up some pics of that JDM Teg when it is done! Sounds like quite the undertaking!

Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Whoa..... Talk about dead threads!

Old 09-07-2007, 10:47 PM
autocross!! nice!! i may be doing something near the end of the month..not 4 sure, but the option is there..think i am a bit of a chicken shit..just wouldn't want to damage the car...

teg is coming along nicely...will be bolting it up tomorrow, welding on sunday..then good to go...shane picked justin's colour for his car..did the rad support in the blue..looks nice!!

thinking up moving to the 205 40's if jdm still has them on hand...but no smaller wheels for me..but then if you get me into the autocross thing who knows.....lol

Old 09-08-2007, 01:57 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Man Shane's car sounds like it is going to be sweet! Can't wait to see it put together!

lol, I might be able to get talked into another Autocross (Then again I think I resisted the c-pillar bar pretty good!).

Actually I was pretty intimidated when I first went out, but the most of the guys there were pretty nice and encouraging. One guy even brough out his son to drive around with. More of a "try out your car and see how you do" thing, unless you are trying to drift your car I don't think there is much chance of wrecking anything The only worry I have is wearing down my new tires!!

Despite my "sloppy driving" I still posted pretty competitive times, I even beat out some of the more powerful cars... including my friends Prelude The guys at the gate were saying that if I could pull my act together a bit I probably had the quickest car out there. haha, I don't know about that there were skylines, STI's, and even EVO's!! Plus some pro-drifter from Quebec was out there too, he was pretty good!! Was nice not to get totally stomped though, there was a drag race event going on too which I totally avoided I got challanged by a fellow with a Neon... but I am sure he would have kicked my butt!!

lol, anyway most fun I have had in years. Was a blast to throw the car through the course. I am telling you, the Fit was made to Autocross!! If you do end up planning on going before it closes this year, post it up and I might come out too.

Old 09-08-2007, 12:50 PM
Retired Moderator
I might have to join in on the fun too

Old 09-10-2007, 12:01 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yo Yo Yo! I think I am going to order up the T1R Header & Full out 50S sport exhuast next week!

Old 09-10-2007, 12:15 AM
Retired Moderator
ooo nice! you get a price for the headers yet?

Old 09-10-2007, 12:51 AM
$475.............

Old 09-10-2007, 01:53 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
lol, nice. Dave is the man!

Still waiting on my PM from Ben regarding the combo!

Old 09-11-2007, 12:13 AM
the back 4 me isn't in till october, the t1r with the dual outlets....much like jdmish (where is J) 's ...

Old 09-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
The VIP right? That looks like a very nice setup.
lol, I am just too impatient I wasn't going to do it this year, but as soon as I saw the new header I wanted it bad!

Man if that pulley dosn't come out soon I am going to pick up the Unothodox Racing pulley instead. Factiod! Stock pulley = 5.05lbs, The Unorthodox one weights 1.20lbs, T1R is estimated at 1.42lbs, the Mythelogy one weighs in at 1.76lbs

Yes... I am a nerd

Old 09-12-2007, 11:08 PM
jus saw justin at Co-op... all i can say is WOW

Last edited by sirhc; 09-13-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by sirhc
jus saw justin at Co-op... all i can say is WOW
LOL I thought it was you...when I pulled out I noticed the HIDs and the outline of a Fit...so I figured it was either you or dimsum, but figured it was probably you haha...dunno if you saw me waving or not. Still have a surprise for the meet hehehehe, unfortunately sirhc it's not on my Fit yet...will be before Saturday

Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
ooo nice! you get a price for the headers yet?
Order is in, parts coming for next week!

Old 09-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Retired Moderator
nice! Im still holding out and thinking if I want to go FI or not...

Old 09-13-2007, 03:57 PM
ya, i saw you wave... didnt see me though, i had a smile up to my ears lol i love what you did to ur car dude

man you guys jus leaving me behind on mods, me gotta wait till next year

Old 09-13-2007, 04:16 PM
Retired Moderator
Thanks man! You'll get a closer look Saturday

Old 09-14-2007, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
The VIP right? That looks like a very nice setup.
lol, I am just too impatient I wasn't going to do it this year, but as soon as I saw the new header I wanted it bad!

Man if that pulley dosn't come out soon I am going to pick up the Unothodox Racing pulley instead. Factiod! Stock pulley = 5.05lbs, The Unorthodox one weights 1.20lbs, T1R is estimated at 1.42lbs, the Mythelogy one weighs in at 1.76lbs

Yes... I am a nerd
I wasn't going to do anymore, then Nick walks in at speedtech for 5 minutes, next thing i know i have a header coming in, then go on AJ's and see the new t1r pipe, bboooooommmmm, now that is coming in.....then speed tech has a sale last saturday, 40% off a bunch of stuff....bbbboooooommm come home with more stuff............nuuuuttttssss!!

not sure about Nerd...was thinking more like "MOD-ANALATOR"...glad you are doing the analysis, i appreciate it....and it saves me the time..and trust me, it would take me longer to come up with the stuff you do....lol

Old 09-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Hey Illusive, can you bring the "extra gear" to the meet tommorow!!

I wasn't going to do anymore, then Nick walks in at speedtech for 5 minutes, next thing i know i have a header coming in, then go on AJ's and see the new t1r pipe, bboooooommmmm, now that is coming in.....then speed tech has a sale last saturday, 40% off a bunch of stuff....bbbboooooommm come home with more stuff............nuuuuttttssss!!
Yeah same with me, I wasn't going to touch the exhuast on my car for at least another year... but the T1R header was way too nice... and If I was going to get the header I might as well get the rest of the setup too

haha ,I mostly just post the info up so I can reference it later I did some more digging and read some articals about the bearings getting beat up pretty bad on cars that don't use a dampened pulley which is scaring me. Apparently if you change out the pulley to a non-dampened one and run the car for about 40,000K the bearings look like they "have had a hard life" in comparison with a non-modified car of the same make and miliage. I think I might hold out out for the T1R after all with the balancer even if it produces a little less power.

Old 09-15-2007, 01:26 AM
Retired Moderator
Yup, I'll bring all of the goodies tomorrow

Quick Reply: Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?