Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Retired Moderator
No worries Dave, glad to hear it turned out well! Can't wait to see the newly finished items on your Fit!

For everyone who wants Fitfreak.net decals, please let me know how many you want so I can take them off the list on the main page...I think I have 6x in white and 5x in silver, so get on them quick!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Give me 1, white with blue dots. Silver will be off colour even if I wanted to put it on my window anyway.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Retired Moderator
Done...5 of each colour left guys!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by davevm
hey all, back from some business....seems like ya all r gaving a good time!!! silver 403, silver fit freak with ewd dot..let me know the dough and i can meet up anywhere anytime...

did the front fogs in black on sunday...too cool!! thanks illusive!
did the red "H" front and rear also, plus did the "FIT" and scorpions in red also...right after Shane and i got high on the paint while doing the 4 discs on his teg....just came out of it yesterday,,,,,.hey jd, i didn't break my oem H's coming off...seems being patient, which you learn when you r old, pays off!! put on the voltage stabilizer..i think i added about 20 fwhp with that mod..........................
took out the battery box,,,yes, i kow, everyone told me...good idea! thanks eveyone.

and sugarphreak, vertually no rubbing now, 2 in the car, with the tanabe gf210's..guess just took that long for the springs to settle in...have you got yours?

see ya guys! have a good one!
Hey Dave, sounds like lots of stuff going on with your car Can't wait to see the new gear!

haha, I am still waiting yet another week. Oh well, at least they remember who I am now cause I phone in every week I still maintain they are pretty good guys despite all the order delays. I really want the Tanabe's cause they are a progressive spring and they have the least amount of drop, so I will keep my cool and give them another week to sort things out

Old 07-13-2007, 01:20 AM
hey sugarphreak, i pretty sure you will find the wait was worth it!!!

have my glasses on and a light on the keyboard tonight...illusive, that was a "red" dot on the silver "fitfreaks." not a "ewd" dot..and that would be "having" a good time, not "gaving.".....

put the Fit on the dyno today, that voltage stabilizer added "40" fwhp!!!.......................................okay , someone bite this time! i thought i would take some heat for saying 20 fwhp, but no bites!! LOL

Old 07-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Retired Moderator
lol the butt dyno doesn't count I figured out what you were trying to say Dave, no worries

Old 07-14-2007, 09:54 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah I am getting excited to get them installed! I will be giving YeeFit a call to see if he can help me out

Man today is way too hot The weather network was saying it will be +31 at 7:00pm, but it will feel more like +41 with the high humidity. Since when does Calgary have humidity!! *Groan* I think I am going to go and lounge around in the air-conditioned Starbucks accross the street or something for the rest of the day.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:23 PM
5 Year Member
OK, I saw someone in canada say that they got a bug deflector for their hood, thought I saw a pic on here... anyway, I have searched hi and low in the US, and cannot find a single one. I saw one on ebay that would have to be shipped from singapore or malaysia (i cant recall which), but anyway... does ANYONE know where I can buy a bug deflector for my hood? This is really driving me nuts! Thanks for any info you can provide (preferably a source that will ship to the US, Ohio to be exact, for a reasonable price). Have a beautiful day!

Old 07-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah I don't know why they didn't offer this deflector in the states, kind of like how they never offered the White Honda Fit color up here

You could probably just get in contact with pretty much any Honda dealer here in Canada to arrange having one shipped out to you. PM Illusive, it sounds like he has a pretty good Honda Dealer hook-up here in Calgary. Honda Canada MRSP is 162.42$, the Canadian dollar is sitting around 96ish cents US right now. But don't ship UPS for cross border!!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/grea...p-via-ups.html

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-14-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Hey I got a question to live'n this thread up a bit. lol, don't mind me I am working today so I have lots of time on the computer. I think I am up to 4.3 posts per day now

If you guys had to choose between the T1R header, Mugen header and the J' header which one would you go with and why?

Old 07-15-2007, 06:52 PM
Hello Everyone -

One of the guys in the Honda Fit group on Facebook told me about Fitfreak.net just the other day.

I got my silver Fit Sport at the end of February and love it very much. It was the only hatchback that met all my criteria, the hardest items being (1) sufficient visibility for a driver under 5'0" and (2) fitting up to three sword cases (practice swords) and dog crate plus the people, dog and their gear.

Unfortunately, I got rear-ended three weeks ago so it's in the shop for repairs. Looking forward to meeting everyone in the Calgary area at the August meet.

Illusive - are there any more decals left? I'd be interested in checking them out.

Last edited by rukia13; 07-15-2007 at 07:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL I didn't expect you to actually see that post on Facebook haha! Chalk one more member up from Facebook That was me BTW on Facebook hehe. Welcome to the 403 GD3 section! I got a few silver ones left, but all of the white ones are gone. Let me know if you want them

BTW who did you take your Fit to for repairs?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:14 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Hey Welcome Rukia13! Another SSM to add to the club, lol we are going to dominate the color scheme at the next meet for sure! Visibility was a big one for me too when I purchased too.

Hey I spotted DaveVM today over @ Superstore, signal hill. Got to take a sneak peak at those painted rims details and fog lights. Looks really good! Those red calipers really stand out, I like it!

I am guessing your spotted my Fit parked about 2 miles from any other car in the lot... lets just say I have a bit of a phobia about people dinging up my car I wonder if they have a name for that... Doordingaphobia?

Old 07-15-2007, 11:39 PM
Doordingaphobia sounds good to me.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

I wind up on Facebook far more than I would like. I was shocked to see all the Honda Fit groups.

Sure Illusive, set aside a silver decal for me. Thanks.

Wrinkles Autobody (also known as Fix Autobody, I think) in High River is fixing up little Shiro-chan (my Fit). If you watch Bleach, then you know who he's named after.

Had I used the place my insurance recommended, I would have had to wait till mid-late August to get my car in. Within two days of calling Wrinkles, they sent a driver to meet me in Okotoks, where they lined me up with a courtesy car.

After telling Wrinkles to expect my car, I updated my insurance adjuster who said, "Oh, we deal with Wrinkles too." Now why didn't they mention them in the first place? Then I wouldn't have had to wait for 3.5 weeks for the estimator in Calgary to tell me to wait another month for repairs.

I've heard good things about Wrinkles and I wouldn't be surprised if the guys discover the "magic" of the Magic Seats!

There's something to be said about small town customer service.

Oops, I forgot to specify. Mine is an Alabaster Silver Metallic.

Last edited by rukia13; 07-15-2007 at 11:51 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:23 AM
5 Year Member
Calgary stole our summer heat! Give us peggers our heat back lol.
How many of you guys drive by each other each day? I see lots of fits every day but no one i know on the forums.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Originally Posted by Halcyon
Calgary stole our summer heat! Give us peggers our heat back lol.
How many of you guys drive by each other each day? I see lots of fits every day but no one i know on the forums.
LOL most of us live or work close to each other, hahaha i know for sure trix, yeefit, and me all work within a 3-4 blocks of each other, then a bunch of us live in Northwest Calgary its pretty COOL!

hey rukia13 welcome to the forum and 403GD3

Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 AM
Retired Moderator
I've seen quite the influx of Fit's this weekend...passed by a bunch while driving around the city. On another note, I've almost convinced a buddy of mine to get a Fit, he is debating between a VBP and MR LX. Luckily for him, T&T just got a new shipment in last Thursday, so there are a few available there. Head up there if anyone knows someone who is looking for a Fit. They got a few sports, a few LX's and I saw a MR DX. He's comparing the Fit to the Versa...initially wanted the Versa, but I think I got him onto the Fit.

And yeah, NW FTW!!!

Old 07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by Illusive
I've seen quite the influx of Fit's this weekend...passed by a bunch while driving around the city. On another note, I've almost convinced a buddy of mine to get a Fit, he is debating between a VBP and MR LX. Luckily for him, T&T just got a new shipment in last Thursday, so there are a few available there. Head up there if anyone knows someone who is looking for a Fit. They got a few sports, a few LX's and I saw a MR DX. He's comparing the Fit to the Versa...initially wanted the Versa, but I think I got him onto the Fit.

And yeah, NW FTW!!!
I'd advise your buddy against the Versa. I had huge blind spots and storage space? What storage? Not a lot of room in the back. Not too mention that they treated me like an idiot ("Our transmission will last a long time...now how about that Technology package?").

There's an increase of Fits down here in the south of the city.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by rukia13
I'd advise your buddy against the Versa. I had huge blind spots and storage space? What storage? Not a lot of room in the back. Not too mention that they treated me like an idiot ("Our transmission will last a long time...now how about that Technology package?").

There's an increase of Fits down here in the south of the city.
Thanks for the info, I'll let him know. I think I've got him pinned on the Fit hehehe...

Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
It won't take much to convince him if he test drives both

I was stoked to try the 6-speed manual Versa... was so dissapointed with the utter lack of quality and weird engine reving when you shift. Stupid Nissan puts all thier good stuff in the higher end models

Quick Reply: Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?