Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Originally Posted by xdimsumx
might show up for the meet, not totally sure yet
car doesn't look the greatest right now, got a huge scuff on the front lip

hey sirhc, i just noticed, i put my friend's shop sticker in the same place as you
the jdmsource on the back windshield
and i have a red tow hook too, except mine's a golden eagle one
weeeeeeeird..
haha
LOL nice man, ya i got the sticker from Greg (dunno if u know him) i dont really know the owner of jdmsource i talked to him a couple of times coz i was gonna buy a B16 for my EG6(sold my EG month after), but ya my tow hook came from my EG(recycled part )

i see your car parked at your work everday, i live like a block from the 4-way stop

Old 05-08-2007, 04:41 PM
just wondering what is the tow hook for anyways? just for look? wouldnt it easier for the tow truck guy to tow your car?

Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 PM
If you have it mounted the right way its a great cupholder
other than that it used for towing on the track with another car or a quad.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:26 PM
is there a track in calgary? that we as in a group can go for a spin?

Old 05-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Race city in the SE. we could always meet up for drag night on friday and see if we want to enter the auto cross events.

Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM
or if you guys are interested on renting the circuit track for a day, we could race around but i heard its pretty expensive to rent the whole track( not sure how much and if we are in a club we get a little discount) i know to drag race on fridays is around $50 bucks

Old 05-08-2007, 10:36 PM
$50 is alot!!! wow.. almost half of the LED light

Old 05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
i dont think our cars can drag race .. lol.. would be waste of $.. lol we should just street race. lol

Old 05-08-2007, 11:31 PM
Not from calgary here, but parking lot behind chinook mall. which side of the mall? west, east? south north?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:08 AM
Retired Moderator
uhhh if I remember correctly, West side...

Old 05-09-2007, 05:30 AM
damn guys.. how can you keep your car so CLEAN!?? i learned the hard way to day.. when i was at home, nothing to do, so i decieded to wash my car with just water. and it was bad. pretty much wasted my time. do you wax your car? i saw illusive's pictures, his ride is like mirror finish.. oh man. i wish mine like that. which product you use to keep it clean? and how long does it last?

Old 05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by sirhc
or if you guys are interested on renting the circuit track for a day, we could race around but i heard its pretty expensive to rent the whole track( not sure how much and if we are in a club we get a little discount) i know to drag race on fridays is around $50 bucks
Really?! 50 bucks?! Last time I went to secret street drags was probably 4-5 years ago and it was only 20 bucks to run your car on the drag strip.

That was where i ran a 15.6 with my 2000 Civic Si-R..... that 15.6 was run coasting in neutral and tapping the brake a couple times about 3/4 the way down the strip... I was running a Zex nitrous kit and I melted 2 plugs, chipped 2 valves and killed a piston... and it only had 20,000kms on the odometer..... I swear I was on my way to a 14.0 run.

As for running on the track... I think that would be a lot of fun.. pretty hard on the car/susp/tires/brakes but once in a while couldn't hurt

I hope to be able to stop by this saturday... not sure if I can, but I'll make an attempt

Last edited by YeeFit; 05-09-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by friends288
damn guys.. how can you keep your car so CLEAN!?? i learned the hard way to day.. when i was at home, nothing to do, so i decieded to wash my car with just water. and it was bad. pretty much wasted my time. do you wax your car? i saw illusive's pictures, his ride is like mirror finish.. oh man. i wish mine like that. which product you use to keep it clean? and how long does it last?
Oh you have no idea LOL! I just got some new product that makes it much easier to wax. I used to use Meguiars NXT and Mothers products, but I recently switched over to Turtle Wax Ice. The clear wax is amazing, leaves a mirror finish, easy to apply, and doesn't leave any white marks!!! That was the kicker. I used it on my friends weathered black 00 Civic and it brought the lustre out of that car like it was brand new. I was a little excessive and waxed it twice in the past two weeks, need to pick up the touch up spray to replace the Mothers stuff I have now.

Some tips to keep your car in top condition (well my rule of thumb anyways):

Wax once every 3 weeks in the summer. Wax whenever possible during winter to keep the car in good condition.

Use the touch up sprays to keep it looking great between waxes.

Get a California Duster to remove all of the loose dust that collects on the car, this happens a lot in Calgary so it is really handy to have; follow up with spray.

DONT DRIVE OVER ANYTHING THAT REMOTELY LOOKS LIKE WATER!!! I go out of my way to avoid puddles, wet patches, people watering their lawns, etc. Make sure you keep track of wind direction on windy days as the lawn spray can easily spray onto your car if it is windy enough outside...

Old 05-10-2007, 12:35 AM
this is some of the pictures of my car , well part shot!.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:05 AM
Retired Moderator
Damn everyone is buying up the NHBP Fits!

Old 05-10-2007, 03:07 AM
nice ride FireFit are u from E-town?

Old 05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Retired Moderator
I think one of our summer meets we should drive up to Banff or Canmore or something...that would be fun! Only sucky part is the bugs...

Old 05-10-2007, 12:43 PM
That would be a fun trip.. I wish we had the Taffeta White Fits available in Canada..

Oh BTW.... is anyone going to the meet have the A-Spec axleback? I am thinking of getting it, but I would really like to see how it sounds before I do..

Also, I want to make everyone aware of the "mugen" style vent visors that are sold on ebay and other online stores... I got my set a couple days ago and installed it.. they look ok, but the fit isn't that good and there quality of the workmanship of these visors aren't great either. If you aren't a total picky person this would be ok, but for me I can't say that I do like them.. I think I am going to order up the actual Mugen ones from A-J Racing.

Old 05-10-2007, 02:12 PM
that would be nice to go out for a long drive, or maybe just to Cochrane have some ice cream take pics n chill at Chestemere Lake...

Old 05-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by sirhc
that would be nice to go out for a long drive, or maybe just to Cochrane have some ice cream take pics n chill at Chestemere Lake...
This actually sounds like a better plan since we aren't going that far out of the city. Probably during our next meet in June and/or July.

As for the visors, I had to bite on the real thing, I'm quickly learning that on this car, most knock off items are horribly made. It's either the whole way or no way for me for the Fit. A-Spec one, I don't know if any of us do, I can't remember. But at the meet on Saturday, I'll be with my Fujitsubo Wagolis and MAYBE Spoon B-Pipe, I think a Spoon N1 will be there as well.

Quick Reply: Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?