Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 01:24 AM
Retired Moderator
I hope we will! It would be cool to have a bunch of Fits in one spot! Got some new ideas in my head for my next few mods...too bad I won't have the funds until after the 15th, oh well, you all can see next meet :P

Old 05-04-2007, 12:22 PM
We should have a good number this time, i was shocked that we had 5 last time so even double that will be great, plus I should have my new camera by then....

Edit: Got the camera today

Last edited by JDMish; 05-04-2007 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-04-2007, 12:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Sounds good, the long term weather forecast said it should be nice out, no sign of rain, maybe a few clouds, but nothing to complain about. Then again you know Calgary weather...

Old 05-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Hello Calgary Fit Chapter!

Just popping in to say hello, I was fortunate enough to meet SIRHC while I was at a local car wash this weekend. I don't have too many mods to my car, just a set of wheels and a hood deflector at this point

I noticed a few pictures featuring an installation of the T1R B-max carbon intake, in your experience how does it compare with a standard cold air intake system? I have never seen an intake system using the "Venturi" effect before.

I posted a link to a site featuring this product as well.
A&J Racing :: Intake & Exhaust :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R B-Max Carbon Intake - Honda Fit 2007 & UP

Anyway I will see if I can make it out to the meet this upcoming Sat. I hope the mall isn't too busy. Cheers!

Old 05-06-2007, 01:17 AM
i have the T1R carbon intake installed, but i never driven a car with CAI system before. see you on the next meet.

Old 05-06-2007, 02:11 AM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Just popping in to say hello, I was fortunate enough to meet SIRHC while I was at a local car wash this weekend. I don't have too many mods to my car, just a set of wheels and a hood deflector at this point

I noticed a few pictures featuring an installation of the T1R B-max carbon intake, in your experience how does it compare with a standard cold air intake system? I have never seen an intake system using the "Venturi" effect before.

I posted a link to a site featuring this product as well.
A&J Racing :: Intake & Exhaust :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R B-Max Carbon Intake - Honda Fit 2007 & UP

Anyway I will see if I can make it out to the meet this upcoming Sat. I hope the mall isn't too busy. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum! I live in sirhc's area, wonder if I've seen you around before...hmmm...

Anyways, I have the AEM CAI installed currently, bought the T1R but sold it as I was thinking about getting the T1R turbo when it comes out...thats still up in the air...I think there are different advantages, but I think the airbox is a better way to go...

Old 05-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah you may be right, I noticed Spoon is not going to offer an intake system other than a drop in filter citing something about compromising the engine throttle response.

I don't drive too much during the week, but here are a few pics of my car for reference.

Old 05-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Retired Moderator
I was looking at those rims for my Fit before I got my Enkei's :P

Old 05-07-2007, 01:32 AM
hawt ride sugarphreak im thinking of replacing my wheels to 17s just to get rid of the wheel gap in between coz im not plannin to drop my car anymore lol maybe undecided yet... but how is the ride with 17s?

Old 05-07-2007, 01:54 AM
update w/ all the parts installed

you should consider the drop!

Old 05-07-2007, 02:31 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
The ride is pretty good with the 17's, not too bumpy. My only complaint is that the tires have a lot more road noise than I expected. I picked this set up from CMS here in town (http://www.shopcms.com). I highly reccomend these guys both for price and service.

I agree with you about lowering the car, it gets old fast having to crawl over every speed bump and parking lot ramp to avoid damage. I have already lightly scuffed my front lip a couple of times, my dealer also cautioned me that a few people have already had to come in and have repairs done on models with the sport trim. In any case it is a tough comprimise, you can't deny the handeling advantage achieved by lowering your center of gravity and stiffening up your ride... oh and of course the almighty cool factor

Personally I am in love with the Praxis air system, I just wish they would develop it for more than two cars! (http://www.praxissystems.com).

Old 05-07-2007, 10:48 AM
still cant make up my mind about suspensions and stuff but thanks for the input...

nice pics jdmish... car is lookin gooood

Old 05-07-2007, 02:05 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Yeah very sharp and clean car, definitely has that low down aggressive look to it.

Don't let me totally discourage you from installing some lowering springs, it's a good way to give your car the sporty look and improve handling.
Besides it is pretty hard to argue with pictures like that

Old 05-07-2007, 04:50 PM
What is the width and offset of your rims? and do they rub?

I hear you guys on the lowering part.. I lowered my Fit Sport a couple weeks ago with the Tein S-tech kit.. 1.8fr/1.2rr. It's pretty low, but I used to have a lowered 2000 Civic Si-R so I'm used to Calgary roads and know what to watch out for :P

Old 05-07-2007, 06:25 PM
come to the meet and I'll tell/show you

Old 05-07-2007, 10:26 PM
thing is i got a newborn baby girl so springs, exhaust will have to wait till next year my next mod in mind is the T1R carbon intake and some struts maybe

five days to go, lets do a count on whos goin to be at the meet, if you guys dont mind jdmish, illusive,and me... yeefit? sugarfreak? friends228? and who else

Old 05-08-2007, 02:35 AM
you counted 6? i thought would be more like 10 and out number the yaris that you guys were talking about. lol..
sat may 12 at 2pm chinook back parking lot rite?

Old 05-08-2007, 02:38 AM
i want to drop my ride too.. it looks so hot.. how much did you get the spring from? or you use coilover? do you think i can install it myself?? but then.. SIGH.... ordered the works wheel.. SO broke now. gonna get here end at may.. we should meet every month! lol.

Old 05-08-2007, 04:10 AM
5 Year Member
might show up for the meet, not totally sure yet
car doesn't look the greatest right now, got a huge scuff on the front lip

hey sirhc, i just noticed, i put my friend's shop sticker in the same place as you
the jdmsource on the back windshield
and i have a red tow hook too, except mine's a golden eagle one
weeeeeeeird..
haha

Old 05-08-2007, 09:16 AM
Retired Moderator
Saw JDMish around Westhills yesterday...I think he was leaving work :P

You guys are like TWINS! :P So far no other VBP have been modded yet...most of you guys have NHBP

Quick Reply: Calgary & Alberta Fit Owners?