General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

turbo gas mileage

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Gordio
Turbo gives you more control over mileage and power. If you drive like a grandma, turbo wil yied better mileage. If you drive hard, mileage will drop a lot.

my mom has an RDX. she drives slow on it. So do i (after learning to care about environment). That thing gets 19-20mpg, which is very high. Edmunds say it gets 15, which is low. MOst people complain its one of the lowest mileage vehicles from honda

Note that turbo makes it tempting to push that mother hard. If you don't have discipline to drive it slow (as well as fast) it might hurt mileage. Learn to featherfoot. If you're on a hill, downshift.
Looks incredibly unrealistic, for me at least, but I've seen and driven by lots of seniors as drivers of sports cars, Porsche, Corvettes, Ferrari Spider, Lamborghini, I have nothing against anybody driving anything they like, free country, right, but how they were driving those monsters, I don't know, they could have donated that ocean of $$$ to some very needed charities and buy a normal car, none of them was doing more than 40-60 mph city and hwy...
Chris