General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Just Got a Fit!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Just Got a Fit!!

Just wanted to drop by. This is my first post, but have learned alot from this forum before my purchase. Just drove home my Storm Silver Sport MT today! I love it so far; the clutch and shifting feel so smooth (I am coming from a '90 Accord)

I know that alot have had a frustrating experience, but mine was great. I put a $100 deposit and order for it on 10/5. They said not to expect anything until December (at least 2 months) Well, this past weekend, I decided to call and see where it was at. They said they just got in a White Sport AT and I went and test drove it. They said they might be able to dealer trade it for the one I wanted. Well, they called me on Monday and said they found one and it would be here today. I went in and signed all the paperwork and drove it home on 10/31.

I am so happy with it thus far. I can't wait to go on a road trip with it.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:51 PM
5 Year Member
wow, your experience has been far better than mine so far. i put a 300 dollar deposit on the same car. in the second week of june. i called many times over the period of then to now, every time getting some weak estimate of when it might come. the last time i called the guy told me they shipped it on september 25, and that it should be here soon from japan. well, about 30 days after that i decided that maybe i should just have my dad call them (i'm only 16) and the guy i had been talking to immediately gave him over to the general manager, who said that he would call him back after he checked the status (this after the internet sales guy, who i had been talking to, had done "checks" on the status in about 4 seconds.) after an hour my dad got tired of waiting and called them back. he got the GM again and this time he told him he'd call him the next day. Well, at least he actually called him back this time and said not to expect anything before the end of november.

and that's the story of how i got screwed by an internet sales guy at a honda dealership, most likely just becuase i'm young. sorta bull shit.

but congrats man! my post has been sort of depressing but i don't want to bring down the whole mood of this momentous occasion. Have fun driving it!

Old 10-31-2006, 11:05 PM
tired of waiting for mine

Congratz on the M/T Fit

Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 PM
Sorry to hear about the troubles with the dealer, but I think the wait will be worth it. I just don't understand why Honda will not increase production for this car. They know by now that they can sell them. Anyway, I will post pictures in the next few days.

If anyone is in or around Bakersfield, CA, I only have good things to say about Barber Honda. They will treat you very well.

Old 11-01-2006, 12:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mastrmateo
Sorry to hear about the troubles with the dealer, but I think the wait will be worth it. I just don't understand why Honda will not increase production for this car. They know by now that they can sell them. Anyway, I will post pictures in the next few days.
I spoke to my salesman in Indiana and he says Honda has constrained the Manual transmission to about 11% of the total units built. Unless you have a dealership that gets in about 10+ FITs each month (high volume dealer) you are unlikely to see any manual transmission FITs. He said he has two sold MT FITs waiting delivery but since April none have ever arrived.

Honda is holding back production of all FITs and cannot keep up with demand. Guess the profit margin is small for the FIT and they would rather make more profit on building something else.

Old 11-01-2006, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
congrats on the fit .. u'll enjoy it no doubt

Old 11-01-2006, 10:29 AM
congrats, hope you continue to enjoy yours as I do mine.

Old 11-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Congrats on your purchase! Have fun with it!

Old 11-01-2006, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah Hooray 4 U!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally Posted by ASquared150
wow, your experience has been far better than mine so far. i put a 300 dollar deposit on the same car. in the second week of june. i called many times over the period of then to now, every time getting some weak estimate of when it might come. the last time i called the guy told me they shipped it on september 25, and that it should be here soon from japan. well, about 30 days after that i decided that maybe i should just have my dad call them (i'm only 16) and the guy i had been talking to immediately gave him over to the general manager, who said that he would call him back after he checked the status (this after the internet sales guy, who i had been talking to, had done "checks" on the status in about 4 seconds.) after an hour my dad got tired of waiting and called them back. he got the GM again and this time he told him he'd call him the next day. Well, at least he actually called him back this time and said not to expect anything before the end of november.
Well, son, it ain't cuz yer a young 'un. I'm comfortably in the range of Middle Age, and I placed my order on 5/29 for my Red Sport MT - still waiting too. I'm told by the dealer that last month Honda 'confirmed' (whatever that means) that my car would be built in Nov, and will probably see it shortly before Christmas. It sucks, but I'm hopeful this will be ok. Between order time and the end of Sept, I just got 'we don't know when' responses from the dealer. Now at least it looks like they've got an inkling.......

Old 11-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm going to call the dealer tomorrow. In August, I was given a build date of 9/19, with an ETA of about 6 weeks... which would put it coming in right about.... NOW.

White Fit Sport MT

The internet sales mgr I was dealing with at first was replaced, then the next dude hasn't responded to emails at all. Maybe he's out of the position.

Honestly, I'm afraid I'm going to get the story "Yeah, we got a white MT in, but we sold it!"

If that happens, I think I'll end up going to a Toyota dealer, and see if they can give me a deal on an 06 Matrix. It would do what I want it to... and get near the mileage of the Fit. We'll see, I'm gonna try to find out tomorrow!

Old 11-02-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally Posted by Fray Adjacent
I think I'll end up going to a Toyota dealer, and see if they can give me a deal on an 06 Matrix.
BOOooo.....

Old 11-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by Fray Adjacent
White Fit Sport MT
. . . . .
If that happens, I think I'll end up going to a Toyota dealer, and see if they can give me a deal on an 06 Matrix. It would do what I want it to... and get near the mileage of the Fit. We'll see, I'm gonna try to find out tomorrow!
Ready to go to Toyota too, 2-3 month wait is too long for me.

Old 11-02-2006, 06:52 PM
Master FitFreaker
congrats yo hope u will love it

Old 11-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by outlawhonda
BOOooo.....
Yeah yeah, but I've been looking into/waiting for a Fit since MAY!!

So I found the general Internet Sales Mgr email address for the dealer I was dealing with.... and guess what? The original woman I was dealing with is back!

Bad news, though, she says it looks like my car was NOT ordered.... she's not sure about that, but she's checking. I'll be rather put out if that's the case.

Honestly, I think I'll tell her she has two weeks to get me a Fit that I want. I'll probably go look at a Matrix in the meantime.

Old 11-04-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks everyone! I just have to say that I love this car! For those still waiting, I feel for you, but I suggest to not lose the hope...it will come, and when it does it will be worth it. Everytime I pass a Matrix (2 today) I think that I am glad I went with the Fit.