General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What's your Round/Min????

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Question What's your Round/Min????

I have my Fit Sport since July. And now I think the round/min is too high. I usually have over 2K round/min in the city, sometimes over 3K round/min.

I also have 2K round/min when the car is running under 60mph, and around 2.5k round/min over 60mph.

Is that ok?

What's the normal round/min at 30mph, at 50mph, and at 70mph?????

Also the blue cool light on the panel is always on regardless the weather when my first time to drive everyday. But it turns off when I drive for 2 or 3 minutes. Does it mean the engine is too cold???

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2006, 01:03 AM
ill check tomorrow about the rpms. But, the engine reads cold till around 125 degrees (f) and there is nothing wrong with it being on for a while because it is a small engine.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
^^^ I second this, the light will normally come on for a short bit until the engine warms up, it's not a problem.

You don't say whether yours is a MT or auto, but in either case your rpms don't seem particularly out of place to me. Pretty normal actually, I'd say, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:41 AM
Thanks guys!

My Fit Sport is AT.

The reason why I concern the rpm is the engine is loud when it runs over 2.5K rpm. And I think it will harm the engine if the engine keeps running in such high speed. Also, I just drove a Honda Odessey 2 days ago. I found that its rpm was low though, around 1.5K rpm in normal driving in city and never going up to 3K rpm even though on acceleration.

By the way, does anyone feel Fit is rough while running?

Thanks!

Old 10-23-2006, 04:42 PM
RPM is Revolutions Per Minute... not Round/Min. Automatic firearms have Rounds Per Minute as their rate of fire.

Old 10-23-2006, 04:48 PM
BTW, (I don't have my Fit yet) my Tiburon, in 6th gear, at 80mph runs near 4000rpm. Don't worry if your Fit's tiny 4 banger gets to high revs. Honda engines love high revs!

Old 10-24-2006, 04:11 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by BBGorson
Thanks guys!

My Fit Sport is AT.

The reason why I concern the rpm is the engine is loud when it runs over 2.5K rpm. And I think it will harm the engine if the engine keeps running in such high speed. Also, I just drove a Honda Odessey 2 days ago. I found that its rpm was low though, around 1.5K rpm in normal driving in city and never going up to 3K rpm even though on acceleration.

By the way, does anyone feel Fit is rough while running?

Thanks!
Over 2.5k is not a high speed by any means, so don't worry. If you check out the dyno charts in the intake dyno thread in AJ Racing's section here you'll see the engine isn't even starting to make decent power until about 3.5k-4k rpm and really comes in around 4.5k-5k. It's made to run that high , so you won't break it. If anything, and if it's a new engine, you're actually causing more harm not pushing it somewhat while breaking it in because you need to run the engine at different speeds regularly in order to break it in properly. The manual says this if you want to check it out yourself.

As for rough, if you mean the engine, I'd say no, it's actually very smooth all the way through the rev range -- you can't even feel it idle most of the time it's so smooth. If you mean the ride, then yeah, I can see that, but to me it's still a bit soft for my taste 'cause I prefer a hard ride for performance. The Fit is a good trade-off I'd say, not too soft for decent performance, and not too hard for comfort.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
I have a friend who ran my fit at 3500 rpm on the highway for an hour... on a AT.

Don't sweat it.