General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Going to sell my VBP Sport Auto...

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Going to sell my VBP Sport Auto...

I don't know where else to post this, so I apologize if this is in the wrong place!

Well y'all, we've gone full circle in six months (from no Fit, to one Fit, to having a second one on order, to cancelling the second order, and now to selling the first Fit).

As much as I love the versatility of the Fit's rear seating configuration options, my mileage, and the ease of parking, I just can't find a comfortable seating arrangement to drive it for any real period of time. I have a bad back, and arthritis in my joints ... and the Fit just fits me wrong. I've tried making it work, but I just can't tolerate the physical side of it, any longer.

I'm not looking to make money off of selling it... but would like to minimize my losses. What I have:
  • 2007 Honda Fit Sport Auto, in Vivid Blue Pearl
  • 4444 miles
  • Llumar Platinum Plus window tinting (50% front, 35% rear)
  • FULL spare set of OEM Fit Sport wheels with tires w/1500 miles on them (yes, there's a set of OEM Fit Sport wheels/tires on the car)
  • Honda Cargo Tray
  • Honda Cargo Cover
  • Honda Chrome Exhaust Tip
  • Honda All Weather Floor Mats
  • Honda Rear Bumper Applique'
  • Honda Locking Gas Cap
  • Honda Alloy Wheel Locks
  • Door Window Visors
  • Fit Door Sill Plates (BattleEndless)
  • JDM (passenger) OEM visor w/mirror - will send when it arrives
  • Honda Helm Service and Body Manuals
  • Currently set up to direct connect a Sirius Starmate Replay to the aux port, leaving both the aux and power ports open for your iPod. I will leave the low profile antenna and connection/mount in place, if desired by the buyer.
  • Maintenance: Two OEM air filters; two OEM cabin air filters; 1 set of teflon wiper blades; two OEM rear wiper blades; 5 OEM oil filters.
I paid MSRP for the car, and am asking $16,500.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by DewaltDakota; 10-10-2006 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-09-2006, 10:18 PM
Its hard to minimize loses when the car's value go way down as soon as its no longer new. I think asking almost a grand over the MSRP is not cool for a car with 4k miles on it. I'd try and go a grand under MSRP at least.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:26 PM
just curious have you ever thought about replacing the stock seats for aftermarket ones? for example recaro makes some excellent seats that will help your bad back.. just a thought...

Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
i saw an auto, silver sport fit sitting in a dealer lot about 2 weeks ago. had more miles than you, it had around 6,000. and the dealer was selling it for $19,800. i don't know if it'll sell but just thought i'd let you know.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:44 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the suggestions, but I'm not built to fit into aftermarket seats, and don't want to lose the side airbags. It also wouldn't resolve the weird arm length to seat position ratio, and uncomfortable gas pedal angle.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks, doc for the info... and (pemmons) I'm not looking for almost a grand over MSRP, as true MSRP is 15,970 + 595 destination. You also get all of the goodies, without the cost, effort or time of having them installed. The fact that many dealers are selling both new and used Fits over MSRP can only help me.

Old 10-09-2006, 11:20 PM
did you try putting some seat covers on?

Old 10-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
and uncomfortable gas pedal angle.
I love my Fit but have to say I find the gas pedal angle annoying.

Old 10-10-2006, 11:25 PM
5 Year Member
Unfortunately, it's not just the seat height - it's the distance I have to set the seat rearward, in order to deal with the pedal setup. That puts my arms too far from the steering wheel, and strains my elbows and shoulders. I have tried every combination of seat and steering wheel adjustment I could, and can't get a setup that doesn't hurt something.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:00 AM
After having my Fit for only a few days I noticed some discomfort in my right leg, which I soon figured out was caused by the angle my leg was forced into in order to meet the gas pedal. My dealer (other dealers?) offered a 7 day/1000 mile return policy and I went back and looked at a Civic Hybrid (first choice) JIC I couldn't keep the Fit. After sliding the seat all the way back I finally found a comfortable driving position and thankfully my arms are just long enough to reach the stereo/steering wheel. Sorry to hear you have to sell your Fit. What're you looking to replace it with?

Last edited by clchappe; 10-11-2006 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
As of last night, I've signed the papers on a 2007 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD, which I found to have an AWESOME seat setup (Height-adjustable, plus telescoping steering wheel). It's more expensive, and isn't as efficient on gas, but I found it to be one suh-weeeeeet vehicle.

I already found a taker for my Fit, as well.

Now, I just need someone to take the extra set of sport wheels/tires, and two tow receiver hitches off my hands, and I'm ready to roll!

Old 10-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Congratulations! I'm glad everything's working out.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:32 PM
5 Year Member
those new CR-V's are awesome. I would enjoy having one of those as well!

Glad everything is workin' out with your car situation...

Old 10-11-2006, 11:06 PM
did you trade the FIT it, if so how much did you get???

Old 10-12-2006, 09:37 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by clchappe
After having my Fit for only a few days I noticed some discomfort in my right leg, which I soon figured out was caused by the angle my leg was forced into in order to meet the gas pedal. My dealer (other dealers?) offered a 7 day/1000 mile return policy and I went back and looked at a Civic Hybrid (first choice) JIC I couldn't keep the Fit. After sliding the seat all the way back I finally found a comfortable driving position and thankfully my arms are just long enough to reach the stereo/steering wheel. Sorry to hear you have to sell your Fit. What're you looking to replace it with?

if the gas pedal angle is too much for you... you could always just put the tip of your foot about half way on the gas. Its what I do on long trips... but then again, I also have the seat 2nd notch from the highest possition... and the seat almost all the way up... Did I mention I'm 5'8"?

Old 10-12-2006, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Sold for $16.5k, so I essentially lost the amount paid for taxes, paperwork and accessories, plus a smidge off of the car. I really couldn't ask for a better resolution than that, having driven it for over five months, with about 4500 on the odometer.

Old 10-12-2006, 11:19 AM
5 Year Member
only 4500 on the Fit in 5 months? Its not even broken in yet...