General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

FIT Yahoo Autos Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Thumbs down FIT Yahoo Autos Reviews

http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/honda...art=1&show=atl

Gass Guzzler!!!
by Bo from Los Angeles CA (9/27/06)

2 out of 2 people found this review helpful
Overall Satisfaction
Appearance
Comfort
Performance
Value

Pros: Great room, fun to drive, high ceilings, good handling
Cons: GAS GUZZLER!!!

I have 3000 miles, and I'm getting 18mpg in the city and 25 on the hwy.

Avoid this junk, the H shines no more!!!
Should have bought a suv and gotten better MPG.

Paid MSRP, destination, dealer doc $600, taxes, registration:
all in all came out to $19k.
No bargain here!!!!!!

Trim: Unspecified
Disappointed so far......

by Bill Wright from Kansas City, Mo (5/01/06)
123 out of 139 people found this review helpful
Pros:ok fuel economyCons:rough ride, slow acceleration, questionable reliability
I just purchased this car 4 days ago, and am already having ABS problems! I am very disappointed in Honda ...
Read full review... Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
Report abuse

Trim: 5-Spd AT
Honda Quality? NOT

by John from indianapolis, in (4/27/06)
145 out of 176 people found this review helpful
Pros:ok fuel economyCons:reliability
car broke down after 40 miles! had it towed to dealer and had fuel pump replaced. This should not happen to a brand new car - especially a Honda!! I hope I did not get a lemon, but it is beginning to look like I did ...
Report abuse

Either a lemon or false advertising

by Jane from Boston MA (5/11/06)
132 out of 150 people found this review helpful
Pros:looks good, small but spaciousCons:transmission issues, very low mpg
We bought this car about two weeks ago. The transmission is really problematic. the acceleration is horrible. it feels like the car is stuck when you just start driving and when you push the gas peddle even slightly, the engine starts screaming. We also checked the mpg and we only got 22 (much ...
Report abuse

Trim: Sport 5-Spd MT
the Civic is far better

by Daniel Whittman from st louis, MO (4/27/06)
94 out of 126 people found this review helpful
Pros:gas mileage, handlingCons:hard to start at times, ride is rough, bad in wind
I thought I would like this car, since it was a Honda, but I am pretty disappointed with it. It does not seem to have the Honda quality "feel" that i am used to. I am hoping this car car can go 200,000 miles, but right now, I am not so sure that it will ...
Report abuse

Trim: Sport 5-Spd AT
I should not have purchased a first year car

by William from Los angeles, CA (4/27/06)
142 out of 175 people found this review helpful
Pros:good fuel economy, spaceCons:questionable reliability
I purchased the Sport with the auto transmission and i am already having trouble with the transmission. I am taking it back to the dealer in a couple of days to have them take a look at it. I am beginning to think i should have purchased a civiv instead
Was this review helpful to you? Yes | No
Report abuse

aHonda not up to par

by Mike Desma from Toledo, OH (4/27/06)
248 out of 303 people found this review helpful
Pros:decent handling, good cargo capacity for small carCons:fuel economy not as good as advertised, auto transmission problems
As a 3 time Honda owner I was looking forward to this purchase, but unfortunately, so far I have been very disappointed. I have nearly 1000 miles so far on this car and have only been averaging 26 mpg doing 55 mph mostly on the highway (85% highway driving). I have also noted the automatic ...
Report abuse

Not up to Honda standards

by Steve Buford from Boston, MA (5/20/06)
136 out of 148 people found this review helpful
Pros:good gas mileage. good spaceCons:total auto transmission failure! Rattles
I cannot believe the decline in Honda quality! After only 1000 miles, the auto transmission needs to be replaced!!! Also, many rattles had developed in the short time that we have owned the cars. I really cannot recommend this car at this time. ...
Report abuse

Having a flying fit

by Young from San Antonio TX (5/18/06)
113 out of 120 people found this review helpful
Pros:Sexy looks, good comfort, versatile storage arrangementsCons:Where's the great gas mileage????
The looks of the car attracted me to it from the get go. It looks so cool! I'm six foot one and the car is very comfortable for me. Love the way you can arrange the seats for various packing requirements. The ride is stiff and noisy. You can really feel the road and hear it too. Really ...
Report abuse

Poor Gas Miliage - Check Paint Job

by Roe from nyc (8/24/06)
57 out of 58 people found this review helpful
Pros:handles great, zippy, love to drive this carCons:LOW GAS MILIAGE!! paint isnt holding up. cheap dash and floor
I love the way this car handles. i can zip in and out of traffic with ease. its as they say Zippy. handles better then any other car in its class. for this reason i am trying as hard as possible to make my Fit work for me.

i have almost 4000 miles on my fit and i am getting ...
Report abuse

Lousy mileage

by RAB from Bedford, NH (8/03/06)
107 out of 110 people found this review helpful
Pros:Fun to driveCons:Getting really crappy mileage. One tank only got 21.5 withe mostly suburban type driving
Love driving it. Had it back to dealer because of low mileage. They found nothing wrong. Even when doing highway driving (on cruise control, set at 65) I still only got 25.7 mpg. I don't do jack-rabbit starts or drive like an idiot either. Maybe I just got a lemon. Thinking of trading it in, ...
Report abuse
Not Ready for Prime Time

by Robert P from Denton, Texas (7/10/06)
60 out of 67 people found this review helpful
Pros:Nice "Commuter" CarCons:Transmission Issues, Hard Acceleration
I purchased the car on a Saturday and it was in the shop by Tuesday evening with a leak in the transmission (with only 82 miles on the car). Honda had to pull the transmission and replace the seals. Acceleration is a bit rough at low speeds especially in bumper to bumper traffic. ...
Report abuse

An okay car!

by Jennifer from Bracebridge, ON, Canada (7/19/06)
70 out of 77 people found this review helpful
Pros:fuel economy excellent following first oil change! Roomie and comfortable, nice (sporty) appearanceCons:Rides very loud and irritating, sways and wanders far too easily with even minor wind, brakes touchy
Beautiful looking car, catches people's eye a lot, fuel economy is great safety features very comforting, however driving sometimes rough and noisey, car sways even at low wind, almost so unstable on hwy driving it makes you questions safety. had this weird vibrating sound and feeling that is ...
Report abuse

think again about this car

by stab a lot from Japan (4/30/06)
69 out of 92 people found this review helpful
Pros:Good cargo spaces, easy to parkCons:not so hot mileage, low performance, noisy on highways
I drove Honda Fit for about 12 months and it is really unique automobile. I really like the cargo spaces and comfort, but the gas mileage was not impressive at all.
Also when i drive on highways, i can barely hear the music because of the noise.
This car is little bit more expensive ...
Report abuse

Great Fit For The Money !

by MFOSTERI from San Diego, CA (5/12/06)
57 out of 67 people found this review helpful
Pros:acceleration, fuel economy, VERY roomy inside cabin, automatic shifts wellCons:slight cheap feeling inside cab, Air volume from fan isn't enough,Fuel economy isnt as promised
The car comes with a ton of stuff. ABS, Front & Side Airbags/Curtains. While it doesn't get the milage stated, it does get good fuel economy. While not fast, only 110hp, the Automatic is peppy and accelerates rather quickly. I bought the standard model without Cruise Control, which I miss, but ...
Report abuse

BAD FUEL ECONOMY

by James Doyle from Atlanta, GA (7/01/06)
64 out of 76 people found this review helpful
Pros:Great Fit and FinishCons:FUEL ECONOMY AROUND CITY WORSE THAN A SUV
I have 3000 miles on my black pearl honda fit.....the fuel economy is horrible around town Im averaging about 165 miles for 9 gallons...until the light comes on...since I am studying for the bar exam I have not had time to take it in to the shop.

The best fuel economy I have gotten ...
Report abuse

Good car so far

by Ken Pasco from La Mirada, Ca (9/24/06)
4 out of 5 people found this review helpful
Pros:Looks, roomy, cargo spaceCons:mpg
Well so far so good. It's scary reading the reviews about transmission problems, but I'm on my second tank of gas and so far so good. I'm not using the pedals as they are a waste of time. I've had no problems so far but I'm only getting 28 miles per gallon. Maybe after another ...
Report abuse

Last edited by alclssus2020; 09-29-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member
Well the MPG is no surprise,
but tranny problems??? wow, I haven't got any issues with
my sport A/T.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
A little troll action? The car has 54 reviews and averages 3.5 stars out of 5 which isn't bad. You post the 8 bad reviews nice how about posting the 20 or so 5 star ones also.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Retired Moderator
never knew there were so many problems with the A/T...Hondas are usually pretty reliable...and yeah, the MPG I'm not suprised, then again I drive my Fit moderately hard What do people expect out of a 109HP 1.5L SOHC Engine? I thought the Fit had the best pep compared to cars with similar outputs. Sure you can get a Dodge Caliber with more HP to give it more umph, but thats about it. I don't get why everyone thinks this car is a race car. If they wanted something that accelerated really fast, they should have shelled out for an S2000 or something...

Old 09-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Shame on Honda

by fit owner (5/02/06)
43 out of 100 people found this review helpful
Pros:handling and good power, great auto trannyCons:more storage cubby holes would be good.
This car is peppy and I love the tranny with the sport shifting paddles. I have over 500 miles so far and have no problems what so ever. I'm impressed with the build quality of this little car, not even a squeak. It is unlikely that there are any problems with this tranny. It is the same ...
Report abuse

so far so good

by john from knoxville TN (5/02/06)
6 out of 26 people found this review helpful
Pros:great mileage,huge inside, slept in it with sleeping bags stretched out,sound system okayCons:single cd player
Enjoying the ride , it feels bigger than it looks from the outside the price is right ...
Report abuse

Trim: 5-Spd MT
Poised to excel in the small vehicle category

by Tervis from San Francisco, CA (4/28/06)
13 out of 40 people found this review helpful
Pros:Awesome car, highly commended esp for those seeking valueCons:Cheap feeling interior
The 2007 Honda Fit is poised to continue Honda's string of successful forays into new market territory. Its city-friendly size belies a roomy and comfortable cabin, and the positive initial impression is only enhanced by the Fit's stiff chassis and well-tuned ride. The bottom end of the ...
Report abuse

WOW lots of fun to drive

by Fit Fan from Crescent City, Ca (4/30/06)
9 out of 32 people found this review helpful
Pros:Good fuel economy,,Big on the inside..Good brakes..Good accelerantionCons:Nothing Yet
Wow !!what a fun car to drive...only have 250 miles on it but so
far a blast..No problems at all ...Just lots of fun...And so nice to get 35 mpg...now that gas is $3.50 a gallon ...
Report abuse

Fuel Economy, Price, Quality, Roomy Inside

by anonymous honda owner (5/07/06)
10 out of 34 people found this review helpful
Pros:Fuel Economy, Price, Quality, Roomy InsideCons:none so far
I purchased mine last night and have already put 150 miles on it (mainly because I had to drive out of town to find one in the color I wanted). So far I love it. I bought the car because I also own a 2001 S2000 that doesn't get very good fuel milage and doesn't have much room. I ...
Report abuse

My New Pocket Rocket

by Catdumana from East Texas (6/01/06)
6 out of 26 people found this review helpful
Pros:Fuel Economy, roomy, peppy, great handlingCons:nothing worth mentioning
I used to have a CRX, best car I ever owned, wanted a Civic, but alas like the Fit very hard to get right now and I happened on the last Fit in our area. What fun I have with it. I used to really miss my CRX but not as much now. Unlike some I do not find it lacking in power in fact I am impressed ...
Report abuse

Great Fit for me

by Liz from Oc, CA (6/17/06)
6 out of 25 people found this review helpful
Pros:great on gas, surprisingly roomy & comfortable, smooth rideCons:hard to locate man trans base model & pay above MSRP Locking gas cap-should be standard on all cars
I have had my Fit for 1 week, so far its great-everytime i drive it-i like it even more. The car is very roomy-enough space for 4 adults(seats 5 -but cramped) I bought the 5 spd man transmission-love the way it drives & handles the road.

I really like the way the interior of ...
Report abuse

Honda fit is a soild buy for the oney

by zeekxxx from georgia (8/23/06)
5 out of 21 people found this review helpful
Pros:Huge cargo space - great fuel economy - peepy acceleration from a stopCons:Engine slightly loud - orange paint shows all rock chips
I bought this car after reading every yahoo review and Im here to tell you this is the way to buy a car. I have about 1200 miles on my sport fit and I must say the fit sport is the way to go. you get cruise control - the body fairings and a upgraded everything for around 16500. When you drop the ...
Report abuse

best in class

by Jesse from Silverthorne, Colorado (9/18/06)
0 out of 9 people found this review helpful
Pros:Great gas mileage, first rate handling, lots of storage spaceCons:expensive compared to competition
What a fun car to drive! Like Car and Driver I found the Fit to be the best car in it's class. ...
Report abuse

Old 09-27-2006, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
WHO the hell are these RETARDS? 167 miles on 9 gallons?
Maybe some yaris buyers invaded yahoo to spread ANTIfit propaganda...AHAHAHA

That's a bunch of retarded nonsense...
We have over 400 members and I haven't read a single thread reguarding autotranny loss at 1000miles or ABS...whats the deal.

My M/T has almost 9000miles on it and it's mechanically FLAWLESS! (knock on wood)
Yahoo...just lost some credibility..credibility it never really had. pwnd.

EDIT* Positive reviews sound more like the truth to me...haha.

Old 09-27-2006, 05:52 PM
just noticed that 5 star ones are by MT 'owners' and 1 star ones are by AT 'owners'.

Last edited by alclssus2020; 09-27-2006 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Haven't heard of any of these issues on the forums. And what the heck, it's like people don't know about a break-in period. The problem is most folks go from a used, broken-in car to a new one and expect an instant 36mpg. The guy who is getting 156 miles before the light goes on must be flooring it with the e-brake on.

I'm also laughing at the folks who say they're really happy but only give it 3 stars?

Also "almost so unstable on hwy driving it makes you questions safety"... whaaa? Never experienced this even at 80mph with big trucks passing me.

The real problem with online reviews is that when people are happy they don't say anything... when they have a problem, they want revenge and want everyone know know.

Oh well... I like mine!

Old 09-27-2006, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by alclssus2020
just noticed that 5 star ones are by MT 'owners' and 1 star ones are by AT 'owners'.
Makes for interesting reading, and confirms my experiences (granted these were 15+ years ago) with Honda/Acura autoboxes.

Old 09-27-2006, 06:49 PM
You'd be surprised how many online "reviews" are written by people paid by their competitors... especially on anonymous review sites like yahoo.

Old 09-27-2006, 07:05 PM
5 Year Member
I have talked to some honda dealer techs I know and they were telling me how crappy honda's auto transmissions have been lately. They were expecting to have problems with the fits. This was in May when I had the conversation. I would be interested to know if they have had any come in with busted trannys.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:00 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
It's a good thing I got a manual. Beside, it's hard to resist getting a car that's on the cover of Super Street magazine.

Old 09-27-2006, 09:34 PM
5 Year Member
So of 27 reviews for the Sport AT 20 give it 4 or 5 stars and 3 more give it 3 stars. You can't please everyone and really ther are only a few bad reviews and some of those don't know what they are talking about.

Old 09-28-2006, 01:33 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
what the hell yo...what some people expect now is something for nothing...its a $15K car that beats its competitors...i like mine and i like it better than the Yaris, the XB, XA, and whatever it competes with...these people just dont like the car and probably want to be in something more expensive, but cant afford it...beggers cant be chosers, but be happy its a HONDA...those are the ones we probaly see out there that are not on this forum...they hate life

Old 09-28-2006, 01:42 AM
??? wow people are dumb hahaha at least ones that post reviews....

well just to clear some air i guess....i got about 6,9xx miles on my Sport Fit AUTO! and no issues at all use the paddles occasionally (when driving the twisties) and they work great and give the car a more lively feel. traffic is all D mode though. OMG and people complaining about acceleration....gimmie a break its 109 hp in a 2,400lb car....its not horrible! like someone already said if you wanted a faster car buy one with more HP

wow stupid reviews piss me off.....especially when i can review the same thing

***** out of ***** from me and my Sport AT

Old 09-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Can't really speak to any of those reviews....my fit has, and will continue, to run great! Mine is an AT, and the very first tank, I knocked down 35 mpg, and have maintained this mileage! Don't understand what the deal is.

As far as acceleration, I find that it suits my driving style perfectly...slightly more agressive than most, but certainly not the fastest car. Let's just say I can get to 85 on the freeway just fine.

I can believe that lemons exist, but come on people, we're dealing with Japanese quality control, and an engineering philosophy that has been proven to be successful.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:45 AM
What's particulary interesting/distressing is the "reviews of the reviews." A much higher percentage of readers found the negative reviews to be more helpful than the positive reviews.

Oh, well, maybe this will help cut the demand so those of us still waiting can get our Fits sooner and perhaps without outrageous dealer markups.

Old 09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by joe d
You'd be surprised how many online "reviews" are written by people paid by their competitors... especially on anonymous review sites like yahoo.
Yes, and I found that the first 8 or so negative nasty reviews on Yahoo were from people who lived in Indianna and Ohio.....hmmmmmmm....big automaker territory.....competition....makes one wonder....
I wrote a review for Yahoo too, and gave my FIT 5 stars because it deserves it. LOVE this car!!! And I have almost 3000 miles on it and absolutely NO problems whatsover. Go figure...

Old 09-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I just got my AT Fit Sport last week(finally) and have a little over 300 miles on it already. I do have to say that after coming to a complete stop, the tranny shifts pretty hard after letting off the break, so there is some concern for me there. And this is not my first AT car, so I will not be writing it off as something normal.

Other than that, so far so good. I got apprx. 29mpg from my first tank of gas, which has quite a bit of city driving involved, so that was good. Put a huge load of cargo in it yesterday with no problems. And acceleration from 0-40 is perfectly fine! I often find myself "beating" the cars next to me with very little pressure on the gas pedal. Now trying to pass someone on the highway at about 70 mph without impeding traffic is a little different, but thats not what this car is for, so who cares.

And let me tell you, I test drove a Yaris, and the Fit blows the doors off of it. This is a great car, I already like it better than the 01 Volvo s60 T5 that I got rid of... a car that stickered for $32,700 brand new.

Old 09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member
My AT passed 10,000 miles last week. By the time it hit 9,000 I was getting over 32 mpg; before that about 28. No tranny troubles, and I make a lot of demands on it, especially getting down the ramps into heavy traffic. I have to wonder about the negative comments on performance. The only thing I agreed with was that the road noise needs to be quieted down -- I do have to crank up the radio out on the highway. But that was true of my Accord wagon, too. Funny the way the Fit shuts out the noise from other vehicles, but its own road noise comes right up into the interior. The Accord let in every sound from outside.

Quick Reply: FIT Yahoo Autos Reviews