General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

FIT Yahoo Autos Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 09:29 PM
apparently anything you can review on yahoo has bad reviews... LoL maybe if you changed to some better tires it will quiet down a little bit, my dad changed the tires on his suzuki and it got alot more quiet

Old 09-29-2006, 10:12 PM
i actually think the road noise is great, i expected a lot worse for an economy car. have you rotated your tires yet? that will have a huge impact on the road noise too.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:13 AM
5 Year Member
Noisy tires

Originally Posted by firstshadow
apparently anything you can review on yahoo has bad reviews... LoL maybe if you changed to some better tires it will quiet down a little bit, my dad changed the tires on his suzuki and it got alot more quiet
My mechanic recommended softer tires for my Accord, but it didn't change the road noise. Earlier on the Forum we discussed a road test -- I think it was Car & Driver -- and the only thing the Fit didn't excel at against the competition was the noise level in the passenger compartment. It had the highest dBA.

Old 09-30-2006, 12:19 AM
it really matters on what brand of tires and what type, the tires my dad put on his car can take up to like 200mph

Old 09-30-2006, 09:20 PM
5 Year Member
Hmmm, never figured they would decide to make a thread for it. Looks like they did though. Should have thought of that back when I brought it up on 8-22-06. https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/honda-fit-dealer-reviews/8020-damson-honda-huntsville-alabama-u-s.html

Good idea alclssus2020

Old 09-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Smile

I think that's interesting they have a ton of one star reviews all at the same time. I'm not getting the rated gas mileage, but I drive it hard and am in a lot of stop and go traffic. Besides, a lot of the MPG estimates dont really come close to real world performance. I think the transmission can be a little "jumpy" at times (stop and go), but she is ready to go when need be and shifts seamlessly at high rpms. I really don't have any complaints about the car. She fits easily into my lifestyle. I need something peppy, with lots of fuctionality. Refresh mode is great for studying before class. I usually have time between work and class to focus on school. I like how I can easily climb through the car in refresh mode as well.

Old 10-01-2006, 06:05 AM
5 Year Member
Why "not surprised" on the poor MPGs??
What MPGs should I expect with auto or manual Fit?

Old 10-02-2006, 01:40 PM
I think the possibility of rival automakers spamming the reviews with negatives is very possible, but even more interesting is how people find the negative reviews more helpful than positive ones. It just goes to show that you are much more likely to lose 10 times the business on one negative review as opposed to the 1 or so you gain on a positive one.

If these are rival companies just trying to slow down Honda sales they may be getting through to some. I particularly like how one reviewer commented that with the crappy gas mileage he should have bought a suv(hmm).

Old 10-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by JT-KGY
Why "not surprised" on the poor MPGs??
What MPGs should I expect with auto or manual Fit?
BTW....you can expected posted mileage unless you don't know how to drive or live in CA.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:53 PM
My gas mileage is dead on, averaging 33-35 everyday driving. (Automatic).

Old 10-04-2006, 02:29 AM
5 Year Member
lemon? reliability? this car has been in the japanese market since 2002 I think.

Old 10-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by actonimpulse
I particularly like how one reviewer commented that with the crappy gas mileage he should have bought a suv(hmm).
That's hilarious!

Typical SUV costs 35k, gets 16/22 mpg

Typical FIT (AT) costs 17k, gets 31/37

By my math, an SUV would cost nearly double for both the car AND the gas lol

Old 10-05-2006, 02:00 PM
Thumbs down Yahoo = bad

I actually wrote a positive review about the Fit for Yahoo Autos when I saw that so many people were trashing the car, but I think Yahoo deleted it, because I went back to look for it and couldn't find it any longer. Blah.

It's all trolls, definitely. I've never heard of anyone else having the problems with the Fit that these writers claim to have.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:03 AM
I used to get 7mpg in my 95 Dodge Ram 2500 with the V10. I was EggStatic to see 25 mpg on my first tank full on my VBP AT.
The Dodge had 17 recalls, If I get one for the Fit,, Honda will make it right.
Transmission Troubles ? Guess that 5 yr extended warranty might come in handy, and if I don't it's a money back guarantee.
Road Noise? That's why I utilize that little Aux In plug with my XM / 200 watt combo
Rough Ride ? I typically slow down BEFORE I cross the RailRoad tracks

I feel I've been blessed with a fine means of transportation, thank you all for sharing your wisdom and experiances.

Old 06-27-2007, 01:50 AM
5 Year Member
Dude, don't post this! I don't need to be second guessing my purchase!!

Old 06-27-2007, 07:56 AM
Online reviews like that are almost universaly useless. No one thinks: "Wow, my car is great! I think I'll go post on Yahoo about it." They are only willing to bother when they are pissed off. Most of these retards were complaining about things that were almost certainly their own fault (I have actually tried to see just how much gas I could force this car to use... and still got better than 22MPG). All carmakers build a lemon from time to time.
Also, since we know NOTHING about the people making the posts... The complaint about acceleration probably came from a 15y/o braces wearing pimple faced jack ass who was pissed that Daddy didn't buy a G35 for him. I imagine at least one of the posters was an old woman with 40 cats too

Old 06-27-2007, 01:55 PM
I had mine tinted yesterday, waxed her today, cleaned the wheels, etc. etc.

As I was doing this, I thought to myself, "It is a sin to love an inanimate object THIS much." :P

I don't know what these people are talking about with the road noise! Someone said they had to turn the radio WAY up to hear it... I can put my volume on 5 and hear it just fine, on the interstate at that.

I think it's a matter of what these idiots expected out of a $16k sub-compact car. Apparently they were expecting a Lexus.

I can tell you one thing, after having driven an '87 Pontiac Bonneville and a '97 Chevy Cavalier (which were both CRAP) since I was 16 (almost 25 now), I have NO major complaints whatsoever about my new baby. Absolutely LOVE it.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:05 PM
I purchased my 07 sport auto in January and just hit 17,000 miles. No issues so far except for the paint peeling where the rear bumper meets the fender, which the dealer will be taking care off next week. Appearantly this has been a problem with the Ridgelines as well.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by sortanewinatl
Online reviews like that are almost universaly useless. No one thinks: "Wow, my car is great! I think I'll go post on Yahoo about it."
I kind of found the opposite on Yahoo when I was researching my car. Most of the reviews were written in that golden window a week after you bought your car and you're in love with everything about it. I tend to look past those to the ones where people actually have some cons in their reviews. If I were to write a review now, it'd be pretty glowing because I love *driving* this car, but the wildly fluctuating MPG (AT), weak A/C, and bad paint would definitely be something I'd bring up that I wouldn't have brought up in my first few days of ownership.

Old 07-02-2007, 02:15 PM
I work at a dealership and own a Fit mt. Mind you we don't get many fits in for anything but I haven't seen any tranny issue or pretty much anything reoccuring for that matter. And I do pretty much all the work on the Fits. I have done a rear washer nozzle and many srs software updates. Thats pretty much it. Oh and a fog light bulb on mine since it was leaking water in.

Quick Reply: FIT Yahoo Autos Reviews