General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Gah, I can't decide on a color.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 03:52 AM
Gah, I can't decide on a color.

I put in an order for a Fit Sport AT on Saturday. I listed silver as my preferred color, but I've since decided that silver is a little boring, so I'm thinking about switching it to another color before the dealer actually places the order. I'm really trying to decide between white and black, and at the same time part of me still wants to go with silver.

Out of those three colors, which do you think is the best and why? I know this is almost completely opinion, but I'd like to hear why people prefer one color over another.

edit: I also really, really like the blue, but a local dealer told me that Honda was no longer making them due to trouble with the paint. Is this true?

Last edited by pgreene; 09-12-2006 at 04:08 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:41 AM
5 Year Member
I'm with ya - - I've got a Storm Silver Sport Automatic on order too - - I also heard there was trouble with the blue??

My car has been on order for 6 weeks already, not expected to be built until 9/27 and another 4-5 weeks for delivery - - sold at MSRP.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 09-12-2006, 07:50 AM
5 Year Member
Black. I don't need to say why... Black speaks for itself... other black car owners will agree

Good luck on your decision.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by Sz28r
I'm with ya - - I've got a Storm Silver Sport Automatic on order too - - I also heard there was trouble with the blue??

My car has been on order for 6 weeks already, not expected to be built until 9/27 and another 4-5 weeks for delivery - - sold at MSRP.

Good luck with your decision.
Whats wrong with blue? I did a search and turned up nothing.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Someone that Posts too much
Any of the 3 is good.

Black looks the best clean but is hard to keep dirts and swirls at bay. Silver, could look beautiful or boring, depending on the light. White, some may argue it's boring period, but not in this case. I think a white Fit looks hawt.

Sz28r, trouble with blue is something new to me. Where'd you hear that?

Also, if you're waiting for a car promised to you but w/o a VIN# given to you, i say that's all it is a promise.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:30 AM
My local Honda dealer had a Fit order that they said might fall through, and I just found out today that it did, in fact, fall through. Now I'm next in line . That means my car will be built in a week or so if I understood the dealer correctly. I told my salesman to change it to black, then called back and said to just leave it silver. I've always wanted a silver car, and although it's not as eye catching as black, blue, or white it'll be much easier to maintain. It was also the first color that jumped out at me instinctually, so I'm going to stick with it.

So, does anyone with the Storm Silver Fit have any pictures of their car they haven't posted yet? I hate being so unsure about the color, and I think it would help if I saw some more pictures of silver Fits.

Last edited by pgreene; 09-12-2006 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:17 PM
Of the three, I'd go with silver. We've owned cars in all three colors. Black is hot. Really insanely hot and with the windshield, the Fit is a little warm anyway. White is beautiful in a Fit, but it's hard to keep clean and it shows a lot of permanent wear. Silver is a nice compromise and looks great. But I'd go with blue Oh wait! I did go with blue!

Old 09-12-2006, 12:27 PM
white or silver is really nice but black looks great but its the hardest to take care of.once you get swirls in black paint youre gonna regret that you got black

Old 09-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Most Fit owners don't even really have a say in what color they want....its just a matter of finding one that is coming to a dealership nearby and being okay with that color.

tre

Old 09-12-2006, 01:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by LuxuryFit
Whats wrong with blue? I did a search and turned up nothing.
I'm not sure where I read it or heard about the blue - - I had a chance a few weeks ago to buy a blue at a different dealer so they must have corrected any issues - - the dealer wanted 2K over MSRP so I passed

My Fit has a build date now - - 9/27 - - Yeeehaaaaa

Last edited by Sz28r; 09-12-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:06 PM
I'm guessing it had to do with the paint chipping problem, but from what I've seen that's been observed on all of the Fits. I'm going to e-mail my salesman and let him know that Blue is my second choice if for some reason a silver is unavailable, followed by White then Black.

Old 09-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I've got a VBP Sport, and I've heard nothing about Honda ceasing to produce the Blue Fits. Mine isn't having any paint problems, besides the fact that the paint scratches easily. It's not chipping or flaking off or anything. Blue's a great color

Old 09-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Went with NBP on window tinting all around. Mysterious, smoothe, sleek. Black is beautiful. Blue is effervescent, White is well ... white. Bottom line: doesn't matter what we all think, which color floats yer boat?

Old 09-12-2006, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
My salesman assured me I'd be happiest with Storm Silver, which I ordered sight unseen, and I love it! They got the blue, red, black and orange blaze metallic as well, but they were flooded with calls for the silver. Since you're in Tennessee, black is probably too hot in the summer and it's a pain to keep clean. It doesn't sell well in Florida, plus the interior is dark, too. Storm Silver is a unique shade that looks different in different lights, and it doesn't show the dirt. The interior matches well with it. I've had mine since April 20 and haven't had any problems with the paint. The blue is very pretty, has some depth to it. I keep waving and beeping the horn at someone who lives in my town when she goes by in her blue Fit, and she just stares at me like I'm out of my mind. Either that or she's ticked that I got the silver one she wanted. Once you get your Fit, whatever color it comes in will become your favorite because you'll love the car just the way it is.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:33 PM
This is driving me crazy. Now I can't decide between blue and silver, and my dealer needs to know ASAP.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 PM
i got lucky, I went to a small dealer and the only Fit they have coming was the one I wanted, A/T spor Vivid Blue and got it 40$ below MSRP, and they told me it was going to take only one week until I get the car, I put a deposit that same moment, first i thought it was just a trick to keep me waiting for months, but i got a call today and they tolda me my Fit arrived today so i'm going to pick it up tomorrow.
Of course i went to 10 diferent dealers to find this one.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:37 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Fit Color

The Storm Silver matches the interior of the vehicle and looks good with the alloy wheels.
boatfloyd

Old 09-12-2006, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
I Love My Fit
boatfloyd

Old 09-12-2006, 10:33 PM
I told the dealer that silver is still my first choice, followed by blue, white, then black. So I'll more than likely be getting a silver Fit, unless another color becomes available before mine is ordered.

Old 09-12-2006, 10:50 PM
5 Year Member
Silver is Go. Go Fit, Storm Silver
boatfloyd

Quick Reply: Gah, I can't decide on a color.