General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Gah, I can't decide on a color.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by pgreene
I got an e-mail from the dealer on Wednesday saying that they unexpectedly got a Fit in, and it wasn't presold. I went ahead and put a deposit down over the phone since I wouldn't be able to drive back to Nashville from my college town until yesterday.

I paid MSRP for the car, and it totaled out to just over 18000 after taxes. (Our taxes here are 9.25%). I'm coming from a 95 Civic, so I'm familiar with Honda, and I absolutely love the Fit.
And I thought our tax here in Columbus, OH at 6.75 % was a lot - wow !

Old 09-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by davej147
I initially told the salesperson I wanted a blue one, but at the last minute changed it to Storm Silver. I'm really happy I did...around here, small blue cars (any make) all seem to be tricked out. I'm tweny years past that phase of my life (not that there's anything wrong with tricking em out!). My dealer (north of Atlanta) had five to choose from when I bought mine two weeks ago - and sold it to me at MSRP. The blue one, by the way, sold about 20 mintues after I changed my mind!
Congrats and welcome to the owners club and FitFreak

It was great that you had the ability to make a choice ! That's cool !!

We have a VBP Sport Automatic and my father-in-law just picked up a Silver Sport Automatic. I love both colors !

Old 09-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Originally Posted by onebyone1958
And I thought our tax here in Columbus, OH at 6.75 % was a lot - wow !
Yeah, our sales tax is high, but there's no state income tax so it kind of balances out.

Old 09-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Cool Why I chose Vivid Blue Pearl

First off I want to say that the Fit is a wonderful car and that Honda offers colors that look great on it, each in their own different way.

I ruled out Nighthawk Black Pearl because of the heat issues in summer here in the south. The upholstery is already black and that is bad enough at making the interior like an oven until you get the a/c cranked up. Also, when black is clean and waxed it looks beautiful, but waterspots and dust really show up and ruin the overall look.

I ruled out Milano Red and Blaze Orange Metallic because I'm 49 and that would fit the stereotype of someone having a mid-life crisis. (But I think they both look nice)

I couldn't choose the Lunar Mist because I wanted a Fit Sport which doesn't offer that color.

That narrowed my color preferences down to Blue, White or Silver. That's what I specified when I put down my deposit with the Honda dealer.

Taffeta White looks great. It's classy yet neutral. It stays clean looking most of the time and it has the advantage of being easily seen and not absorbing as much heat as darker colors. Also, I've had 2 white vehicles before (Tacoma and Sentra).

Silver Storm Metallic is also very classy and yet neutral. It stays clean and nice looking most of time. I would have to say its one downfall is that it's one of the most common colors in cars. It is so common that it is easily ignored and maybe not that easily seen.

Vivid Blue Pearl is what I ended up with. I would have been happy with Blue, White or Silver. One thing about this color blue is that it is VERY bright. In sunlight (especially when it's clean and waxed) it looks stunning! My sister said that it is the brightest blue color she has ever seen on a car. In terms of safety, it is bright enough to make sure that other drivers see you, yet not too sporty to make you feel that you are attracting attention of state troopers, etc. Overall I am glad that I got blue. The first couple of weeks I was having second thoughts because of its brightness, but now I enjoy the color and don't grow tired of it.

Another thing that I have noticed is that I like this color in different kinds of lighting. I had just washed my Fit last night. Tonight I took it to a local shopping mall. When I came out, the sun had completely set and just the parking lot lights were illuminating the Fit. The lighting really showed off the "depth" and the highlights of the pearlescent paint. It's very elegant - it makes the Fit look like a much more expensive car (with the alloy wheels and the unusual body style).

I love this color.

Last edited by jrlnc; 09-17-2006 at 06:03 PM.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:27 AM
Yeah, our sales tax is high, but there's no state income tax so it kind of balances out.
Well that's true !

Old 09-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by jrlnc
First off I want to say that the Fit is a wonderful car and that Honda offers colors that look great on it, each in their own different way.

I ruled out Nighthawk Black Pearl because of the heat issues in summer here in the south. The upholstery is already black and that is bad enough at making the interior like an oven until you get the a/c cranked up. Also, when black is clean and waxed it looks beautiful, but waterspots and dust really show up and ruin the overall look.

I ruled out Milano Red and Blaze Orange Metallic because I'm 49 and that would fit the stereotype of someone having a mid-life crisis. (But I think they both look nice)

I couldn't choose the Lunar Mist because I wanted a Fit Sport which doesn't offer that color.

That narrowed my color preferences down to Blue, White or Silver. That's what I specified when I put down my deposit with the Honda dealer.

Taffeta White looks great. It's classy yet neutral. It stays clean looking most of the time and it has the advantage of being easily seen and not absorbing as much heat as darker colors. Also, I've had 2 white vehicles before (Tacoma and Sentra).

Silver Storm Metallic is also very classy and yet neutral. It stays clean and nice looking most of time. I would have to say its one downfall is that it one of the most common colors in cars. It is so common that it is easily ignored and maybe not that easily seen.

Vivid Blue Pearl is what I ended up with. I would have been happy with Blue, White or Silver. One thing about this color blue is that it is VERY bright. In sunlight (especially when it's clean and waxed) it looks stunning! My sister said that it is the brightest blue color she has ever seen on a car. In terms of safety, it is bright enough to make sure that other drivers see you, yet not too sporty to make you feel that you are attracting attention of state troopers, etc. Overall I am glad that I got blue. The first couple of weeks I was having second thoughts because of its brightness, but now I enjoy the color and don't grow tired of it.

Another thing that I have noticed is that I like this color in different kinds of lighting. I had just washed my Fit last night. Tonight I took it to a local shopping mall. When I came out, the sun had completely set and just the parking lot lights were illuminating the Fit. The lighting really showed off the "depth" and the highlights of the pearlescent paint. It's very elegant - it makes the Fit look like a much more expensive car (with the alloy wheels and the unusual body style).

I love this color.
Excellent point. This blue is not quite like any other blue that I have seen on a car. Plus the silver is great color as well but very common. We love our VBP Sport Automatic. I have just ordered my wax online and will be doing that next weekend - should be fun !

Old 09-17-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm so happy. I went to the dealer yesterday and left with a white Fit!

Excellent choice! Many people find white boring. However, I think on the the right car it looks very classy. Did i mention I think it's much easier to keep clean and it's like 14 degrees cooler in the summer time than black.

Old 09-17-2006, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
One thing about this color blue is that it is VERY bright. In sunlight (especially when it's clean and waxed) it looks stunning!
the blue fit, cries out "hey look at me"! ...fo sho for some reason it seems the right color in city traffic, but for me was too much out of town. your right too about the silver color, 6 out of 10 cars are silver.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:20 AM
5 Year Member
my coworkers said the Orange one i bought suits me...what does that even mean...I do like orange though

Old 09-18-2006, 03:12 AM
June 2007 1st Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
everyone and their different color FITs

Old 04-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I have a VBP coming next week. It came down to VBP and SSM and I was hoping for the SSM but I would have to wait longer.
My only worry is paint care especially with the VBP as I don't quite have the time. I'm beginning to think that t may be worth the wait for SSM.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:06 AM
My Chevy with 200k miles died last week and so had to replace it with something. I have been anticipating its death for about a month and began researching possible new cars to replace it. I went to the local honda dealer not knowing the Fit was in limited supply. They had 2 red base models and 1 white sport which I promptly bought after a test drive. It is an AT with the paddle shifters and is one of the best driving cars I have ever owned. I originally thought I would like the orange sport but after seeing white in person I think it is the best looking color on this car and I have owned 3 black cars in my life. White really suits Fit. the black is just plain looking and silver paint tends to oxidize if not pampered.

Old 04-02-2007, 12:27 AM
Originally Posted by Grandtheftfu
White really suits Fit. the black is just plain looking...
I strongly believe that choosing a color for your new vehicle, when you have lots of choices, is strongly related to your own personality, of who you really are in life, defensive for white or always on the offence for black... black and white go along as much as pro and anti-war people love each other just my personal opinion
Chris

Old 04-02-2007, 01:14 AM
Personally, I would say probably the best colors that would fit the Fit, making it unique would be either the blue or the orange. I had to make a choice of one of those two colors the other day when getting my Fit. The orange just appealed to me. And orange Fit I got.

Sure, one can say it sticks out, a nominee for likely to get a traffic ticket, but I rather say that it stands out, a nominee for attracting the most ladies.

I wonder if there's other Fit owners here with orange blaze metallic.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:09 PM
I was {} close to buying a red one but ended up waiting 3 days until they got a blue one in.

There's something about the red that brings back fond memories of the 8billion red civic hatchbacks that Honda sold in the 80's that makes me love it. In the end though I'm glad I went with the blue.

Old 04-03-2007, 10:24 PM
Pgreene,
Like said above most don't get to choose. I had my eye on the red. Storm Silver was due in. Decided to go for it. I have to say the silver is a nice silver, kind of on the gun metal gray side. Unlike the lighter silver colors. I am very happy with the color. Happy with the mileage average (33.8 @ 2600mi.-auto). Looking at trading our 2004 Element in on a black Fit in a couple months. Plenty of room for our two 60 lb. dogs in the Fit so we don't need the Element anymore. Mileage is more important.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Chingwa
Black. I don't need to say why... Black speaks for itself... other black car owners will agree

Good luck on your decision.
I was thinking about Black and decided against it. I've had a Black Prelude for 7 years... looks really nice right after you wax it, but later that night, it's all dusty. Kind of sucks having to maintain it.

I put the Vivid Blue MT Sport as my first choice, with the Silver as second choice... should be here in a couple weeks.

~Peace

Old 04-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by wordsunited
Personally, I would say probably the best colors that would fit the Fit, making it unique would be either the blue or the orange. I had to make a choice of one of those two colors the other day when getting my Fit. The orange just appealed to me. And orange Fit I got.

Sure, one can say it sticks out, a nominee for likely to get a traffic ticket, but I rather say that it stands out, a nominee for attracting the most ladies.

I wonder if there's other Fit owners here with orange blaze metallic.
Yep-
Central Coast, CA.

Old 04-11-2007, 01:46 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I test drove the silver and loved the way it looked. Silver doesn't show up dirt and dings as well as other colors. My silver Ranger XLT was in an F1 tornado and you can't see the damage unless you bend down eye level with the hood. I wasn't ready to buy and they sold the Silver AT Sport so now I am waiting for delivery which I really wanted the Orange but the blue has been growning on me from all the post from VBP owners - so when they called to say they were getting in a red and blue - I decided to go with the blue - can't wait any longer!!!! Please let us know if you can confirm the problem with the blue - but I think you'll be happy with the silver it is tight!

Cat :X

Old 04-11-2007, 02:54 PM
5 Year Member

Silver Storm Metallic is also very classy and yet neutral. It stays clean and nice looking most of time. I would have to say its one downfall is that it's one of the most common colors in cars. It is so common that it is easily ignored and maybe not that easily seen.

I love this color.
Great minds think alike! VBP Sport 5MT :-)

Quick Reply: Gah, I can't decide on a color.