General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Gah, I can't decide on a color.

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Honesty... Take whatever color comes in. These cars are so rare just snatch any Sport that comes up.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:11 PM
5 Year Member
uno, everybody is going to vote for the color they like?
white is appliance, black is impossible to keep clean and looks like some kid sandpapered it after a few months, blue looks good in the city but is way "hey look at me" in the country, I always said if I bought a car it had to be red, because thats the one everyone always likes, hey its a red car its gotta be fast, but red the color of every econobox (my 94 ls is red tho), and red calls out give me a ticket, so I picked storm silver, but then I'm 55. (wow, am i that old?)

Old 09-12-2006, 11:26 PM
white is like an ambulance

black is an overused color

red gets you speeding tickets

silver is an overused color

the orange and blue are awesome LoL

Old 09-12-2006, 11:42 PM
Darker colors, if you're in the south, or where it gets hot and sunny, will be a detriment in the summer.

My current car is white, my Fit will be white. It's really not that difficult to keep clean. Heck, even with a lot of crap on it, from more than ~15 feet away, it looks clean. White really DOES help keep the car cooler inside. Combined with a good window tint and a windshield sunscreen, it helps a lot.

Silver is a good, safe, neutral color.

Black looks great, but being in hot HOT HOT Texas, I will not own a black car again (at least as a daily driver).

Old 09-13-2006, 02:47 AM
5 Year Member
I was nervous about the Red vs Blue (ha ha) but I must say, now that I have the Red, damn it looks good. Photos just don't do it justice. Plus as a non metallic, it is easy to touchup and maintain.

When we when to pickup the car the dealer had a BOM on the show floor. I thought it was FUGLY - but if the BOM owners like it, that's what matters!

Last edited by Meterman; 09-13-2006 at 02:54 AM.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:37 PM
I like the red too, but I've already owned a red car before and I want something different.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:50 PM
for me it was between blue and sliver, i'm so glad i got the blue

Old 09-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
I like the NHBP when its clean, which in texas is never.

But id say NHBP or VBP.

just my .2

Old 09-13-2006, 05:26 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Red is actually one of the easiest colors to keep clean. So Ive noticed, you just need to keep it waxed. Red and silver. Silver is the least maintenance color as far as cleaning and waxing. Silver storm is a bit dark though. If it was silver silver then it would be different.

My moms tC is silver and it hasnt been waxed since we bought it (end of 2004) and it still shines nice.
I use to wash it once a week, now its down to once every 2-4 weeks. Only thing that looks dirty are the rims. Once its clean DAMN does it look good.

My choice in colors are blue, white, or red. VBP is the color I want though.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Don't buy ORANGE (cuz that is the color I have!)

Old 09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I just got an e-mail from another dealer that I spoke to about a month ago, and they unexpectedly got a white Fit Sport in that hasn't been presold. It looks like I may be going with white after all. I'm going to call the dealer first thing tomorrow morning and find out more.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Someone that Posts too much
HURRY! hehehehehe

Goodluck!

Old 09-13-2006, 09:55 PM
out of the three i would get silver. white is boring and will always be boring, and black is really difficult to keep looking good, it shows marring way to easy, you have to polish black often or it looks like crap.
My favorite is Blue, dark enough to get a good reflection and light enough to hide some marring.

Old 09-14-2006, 10:31 AM
Here's the car I'll be getting (hopefully tomorrow).

http://www.jenkinsandwynne.com/view_...Internet_Sales

I wish I could get it today, but I have classes today and I have to work tonight... and my college town is about an hour and a half away from my hometown where the dealer is at.

I'm getting all excited now. I can't wait until tomorrow.

Old 09-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by ryotto
out of the three i would get silver. white is boring and will always be boring, and black is really difficult to keep looking good, it shows marring way to easy, you have to polish black often or it looks like crap.
My favorite is Blue, dark enough to get a good reflection and light enough to hide some marring.
I agree 100% - that is why we went with Blue.

Old 09-14-2006, 05:38 PM
5 Year Member
I had originally ordered a Storm Silver but they said they could get me a black one sooner as a dealer trade...at first I was like noway but after thinking about it I decided It would look pretty good. I parked next to a Storm Silver Fit today(oddly enough, still pretty rare around here) and I'm much happier with my decesion. Black on black with tinted windows looks ver clean...even though it never actually stays clean with the nutty weather we're having.

If I could do it again I may have held out for a White one but I wouldn't pick a loud color like red or blue but that's just me..I'm kinda anti-color.

Old 09-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I'm so happy. I went to the dealer yesterday and left with a white Fit!

Old 09-16-2006, 09:38 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by pgreene
I'm so happy. I went to the dealer yesterday and left with a white Fit!

That's great ! Fill us in on the details !

Old 09-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I got an e-mail from the dealer on Wednesday saying that they unexpectedly got a Fit in, and it wasn't presold. I went ahead and put a deposit down over the phone since I wouldn't be able to drive back to Nashville from my college town until yesterday.

I paid MSRP for the car, and it totaled out to just over 18000 after taxes. (Our taxes here are 9.25%). I'm coming from a 95 Civic, so I'm familiar with Honda, and I absolutely love the Fit.

Old 09-16-2006, 10:52 PM
I initially told the salesperson I wanted a blue one, but at the last minute changed it to Storm Silver. I'm really happy I did...around here, small blue cars (any make) all seem to be tricked out. I'm tweny years past that phase of my life (not that there's anything wrong with tricking em out!). My dealer (north of Atlanta) had five to choose from when I bought mine two weeks ago - and sold it to me at MSRP. The blue one, by the way, sold about 20 mintues after I changed my mind!

Quick Reply: Gah, I can't decide on a color.