General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Found my fit sitting on cement blocks today!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 09:32 AM
At least the put it up on blocks. They could have just dropped it on the ground and messed up more stuff.

I guess that it is a good thing that I ordered locks with my rims.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:59 AM
For what its worth, it sure looked good with the rims you had (and I assume will have again post insurance payment?) with the mud flaps instead of the aero stuff - very clean!!!

Old 09-02-2006, 12:43 PM
How is the right rear supported??? From the pic, it doesn't look like it's sitting on anything???

I'd post this on revscene just in case the thieves try and sell the wheels there.

Old 09-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Sorry to hear......
LBW

Old 09-02-2006, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
And here I though everyone was nice in Canada! So sorry to hear about that, dude. What/who controls who can get in and out of the deck? Like someone said, it definitely sounds like an inside job.

Old 09-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Bad luck -sorry.

No consolation, but I think that base car looked great with those alloys and the tint. Much cleaner lines than the sport.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:09 PM
NCFithas the right idea. Tell your Apartment complex management that you will be leaving ASAP and also talking to a lawyer; SInce THEY cannot gaurantee You a safe enviroment. At the very least Security Cameras Should be installed...or get yourself a Safer place to live......so sorry, I know what it feels like to be VIOLATED like this but as another poster stated it could be much worse, cars, tires, wheels can be re=placed but your life cannot. Some punks/scumbag lowlifes that can't get a job and be a MAN has to suck off the rest of us....My opinion MOVE....and get the management to pay for it....

GWD

Old 09-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Yuf
How is the right rear supported??? From the pic, it doesn't look like it's sitting on anything???

I'd post this on revscene just in case the thieves try and sell the wheels there.
thanks for all the response guys....and i just got back from bestbuy from getting an alarm installed....who knows maybe those mofo's might come and try to take the car tonight.
when i found the car 2 cement blocks on left side, one jack on front right and the wooden log was place in the right rear..but wasnt actually touching the frame.
apparently one of the tennants in the building had his truck stolen and the jack on my car was his...so they used his truck to load up on the goods, also the gate wasnt smashed down so they used a gate key to get away, like i said an inside job....
last night i went in the underground parking at 2am cause i coulnt sleep...so i walked around with a lead pipe hoping they would've come back.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:16 PM
i called my insurance( ICBC ) and they wont cover my wheels....they said w/o receipts they cant do nothing for me.

Old 09-02-2006, 09:27 PM
Then go to the place where you bought them and get them to help you out..sounds like the Insurance company is backsliding. I know technically if any modification is NOT attached to the car then the INS company is not liable, say for instance a sub woofer box...but rims yes they should be covered....any pictures, should be enough for the Ins company....

GWD

Old 09-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Someone that Posts too much
tsk! tsk!

underground gated garage, either someone inside is connected or someone waits outside for a chance to get in undetected.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by guywdog
Then go to the place where you bought them and get them to help you out..sounds like the Insurance company is backsliding. I know technically if any modification is NOT attached to the car then the INS company is not liable, say for instance a sub woofer box...but rims yes they should be covered....any pictures, should be enough for the Ins company....

GWD
No, the insurance company requires receipts as proof of ownership. Pictures aren't enough. The insurance up here is pretty strict for that as it cuts down on the fraudulent claims.

Old 09-03-2006, 02:01 AM
5 Year Member
That sucks, its weird though, that honda gave me or sold me wheel locking lugs when i bought my car.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by tershel
i called my insurance( ICBC ) and they wont cover my wheels....they said w/o receipts they cant do nothing for me.
That is Bullshiz, i once had a intercooler stolen from me, i bougth the car turbo'd and atleast had pics and the guys phone number for them to call him and macke sure that when i bougth the car that it was on there, ended up getting over $800.00 to replace teh Greddy intercooler without needing a reciept.

Best thing to due is find a way to prove you bougth them at this point, go back to the store or person you got them from to show you proof of the transaction.

And sorry for your misfortune, but next time get some good Mcgard locking lugs.

Old 09-03-2006, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
Let this be a warning to all Fit owners with rims.

GET THE DAMN WHEEL LOCKS ASAP!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:28 PM
This thread made me cry a little.

On the inside, of course. :x

Old 09-05-2006, 10:26 PM
How sucky is that? That just stinks. I have seen a lot of posts in here about vandalism to their cars....so I watch mine like a hawk! Would bring it inside every night if I could. As it is, I park it at work where I can watch it...I get tables at restaurants where I can see it....I'm obsessed!!! Oh...I have a BOM Sport AT. LOVE IT!!!!! Would die if something happened to it since I waited 3 months for it after putting down a deposit.

I'm really sorry about your wheels

Old 09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
One thing learned from Tershel's experience: Buy something expensive for your car, keep the dang receipt!

Old 09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
my car is 9 feet from me right now outside...i'd love to see someone try and steal mine, hope they can dodge bullets, that sucks though

Old 09-06-2006, 11:25 AM
5 Year Member
too bad im not old enuf to own a pistol here in cali but i def. would if someone tried 2 steal my fit. Right now i am at my college library and im scared for my fit b/c its the only VBP sport in glendale and im afraid that ppl might vandalize it b/c its so new. The parking lot is about 1/8th of a mile away.

Quick Reply: Found my fit sitting on cement blocks today!!!!