General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fitmazing!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2014 | 03:56 AM
|
Fitmazing!

Hey everybody,

I'll admit I've been a lurker here for WAYYY too long. I guess this is my first post really, I've treated the site like an encyclopedia for a long time. I was driving my Fit today and I really felt inclined to post just to express my appreciation for this car. I respect all the modifications people have done to this car, but I really do stand in amazement at what Honda has achieved here in stock form. Of course there are things to gripe about - like the lack of a dead pedal or the somewhat awkward driving position in the GD3, but lets be real, for an econobox this car is amazing! I've always been a domestic guy, hell when I was a tad younger I used to make fun of my Honda buddies, but this car has converted me. This car gets really solid gas mileage, manages to fit four adults very comfortably, has impressive cargo capacity, and best of all has absolutely inspiring driving capabilities! This is a 'b-segment' car that makes you want to drive it. Great handling, eager engine (yes I know its not "fast," but it is really eager), just a generally great demeanor. On a side note, I've done I/H/E and it was neat, but please resist the temptation, its not worth the money, its better stock. If you want bang for the buck, do suspension work and touch on the car's already strong point. If you want "fast" listen to DSM, I've been studying his genius for some time, so LISTEN. Go big or go home, save the cash, be patient, and buy boost (Turbo, SC, or Nitrous) this is where the real stuff is. You won't have to ask your 'butt dyno' if you felt the mod, you'll know. Anyway, I always talk too much! Thank you guys for an awesome community, and providing me with so much knowledge even though I haven't yet given back!

Old 03-09-2014 | 03:10 PM
Welcome to the dark side.

Always good to see minds open. I actually chuckle at people that are brand loyalists, import/domestic loyalists. Whatever gets the job done, there's where you should be at.

Glad you found DSM's posts for reality checks, some of the best info on here. Thanks for coming out of hiding.

Old 03-09-2014 | 03:28 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome! Nice to see fresh blood in the GD section, we're few and far between round here!

Pics or mods thus far?

Old 03-09-2014 | 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
I agree. Stock form is pretty impressive for being....stock. I'll be doing some HPDE events soon, so I'll probably be playing with the suspension then, but for a mix of commute, and spirited driving, it is a great package.

Old 03-15-2014 | 11:57 AM
|
Thanks for the warm welcome all! I'll have to throw up some pics soon. I was kind of trying to stay away from mods on this one, but it IS a disease. Who knows, may have some soon.