General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit is No Go

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Fit is No Go

Well, looks like my order for a Fit Sport / MT is going to be canceled. They tried to order it and the system said they're not available. After the thread last month talking about production being halted, I emailed my salesman, who at the time said everything was fine. So, when he called me today he was like "how did you know about this - no one at the dealership here did".

Anyway, I'm not confirming no more Fit Sport MT's for a while, but I sure as heck can't order one. They said they'll try to trade an Auto for a 5-speed between dealer allocations - but I'm not holding my breath. I think might just call them and have them order an 07 SI instead.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member
shitty... hopefully that doesnt happen to me too.. when did you order one

Old 08-25-2006, 12:55 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator

If this is true Im going to be so pissed. I sold my freakin daily!!!

Old 08-25-2006, 06:25 AM
5 Year Member
There have been several dealer types posting that there is no 'ordering' when it comes to the Fit. The dealer gets what they gets. You can get on a waiting list for a MT but it will take a long time. I'd talk to other dealers.

Dealers have been creating lots of stories about why there are not enough MT Fits but the bottom line is that supply>demand. My dealer told me that there was a problem with the MT supplier but that turned out to be rubbish.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:21 AM
I went in and left a deposit like July 19th - so a few days after they do their monthly order. The next order date for them was August 18th - which is when they got back to me saying they can't get one. Now, there was a base MT available to them, and automatics, no problem. But a Sport MT - forget it.

I'm going to give them a shot at trying to trade between dealer allocations - but if not, the 07 SI is more interesting to me now that it's not a 1st model year car and they added VSA.

Old 08-25-2006, 08:49 AM
That really stinks. Do you have more than one dealer in your area? I have a few near me and I got wildly different responses. One said 3 months, one said one month, and the other had 4 coming in and only 3 were spoken for. I got #4. One week wait. It might mean goign a little out of your way but it might pay to widen your dealer radius. I did get a Sport AT, and yes, Sport manuals are a small portion of the overall Fit imports.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally Posted by yo_fitty
That really stinks. Do you have more than one dealer in your area? I have a few near me and I got wildly different responses. One said 3 months, one said one month, and the other had 4 coming in and only 3 were spoken for. I got #4. One week wait. It might mean goign a little out of your way but it might pay to widen your dealer radius. I did get a Sport AT, and yes, Sport manuals are a small portion of the overall Fit imports.
Tons of dealers around. We'll see, I don't mind waiting even 2-4 months for the right car, but I do want the certainity it'll arrive. I think I'm just going to be back in car-decision mode. Which means back to thinking about A4's, Legacy GT's, and passing by the Mitsu lot to see if there are any sub-invoice deals to be had on EVO's while Mitsubishi implodes.

The Fit really just caught my eye because it is, hands down, the best pure city/urban car available. But, for this type of car, I'm either buying best in class, or not at all (not interested in a Yaris, Versa, etc.)

Old 08-25-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by rudy
Tons of dealers around. We'll see, I don't mind waiting even 2-4 months for the right car, but I do want the certainity it'll arrive. I think I'm just going to be back in car-decision mode. Which means back to thinking about A4's, Legacy GT's, and passing by the Mitsu lot to see if there are any sub-invoice deals to be had on EVO's while Mitsubishi implodes.

The Fit really just caught my eye because it is, hands down, the best pure city/urban car available. But, for this type of car, I'm either buying best in class, or not at all (not interested in a Yaris, Versa, etc.)
EXACTLY!!! Very well put...

I have also had that on my mind alot lately...

the dealership by me said they had 3 comming in but all 3 were sold... but lately there have been some people backing out, and if someone does back out he will give me a call...

Old 08-25-2006, 10:57 AM
On 8/15, I got my name on a Silver Sport MT Fit. My dealer said he couldn't order one, but that he would search pending dealer orders and try to trade for one that's already in the system. He ended up trading a Sport Auto he had pending (with an 8/19 build date) for the Silver Sport MT Fit he promised me. It took him a few days to search the pending orders and Silver was 5th on my list of preferences, but I REALLY want the MT over color choice. I've got a build date of 9/16 and delivery 4-6 weeks after that. My fingers are crossed that this works out!

When I first approached him, he seemed quite sure he'd be able to satisfy my request for color and everything. He seemed QUITE surprised with how hard it was to find any MT's in the system that were not pre-sold.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:03 PM
wow, thats good to hear that you can get a hold of one.

I'm in the same situation with my m/t sport. I've got a build date of jul 4th and a delivery date of oct 15-31. this would put me at over 3 months waiting for this unit. I had to wait a month before I even had a release date and its still 2 months out for me...

knowing honda it'll show up later then the ETA.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:20 PM
boo Honda for being so lame! BOOOOOOO BOOOOOOOOOO!

Old 08-25-2006, 12:22 PM
tell me this isnt true! im gonna go order my damn car this weekend for sure and this is gonna be pretty lame if i dont get the MT model! oh well ill see when i get to the dealer.

Old 08-25-2006, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89

If this is true Im going to be so pissed. I sold my freakin daily!!!
Me too!

Many dealerships around me are getting auto sports, and there was actually a MT sport that showed up on an online inventory list just last weekend at one of my local dealerships. But when I went to check to see if they had it on there lot, it was no where to be found. I'm guessing it was already spoken for.

Luckily I have an extra car to drive, but I too want my MT sport fit or I think I may have a fit.

Old 08-25-2006, 02:55 PM
My dealer says they've ordered the Sport MT I want, gave me a build date of 9/19 and an ETA of six weeks after that.

Dealers just getting whatever Honda sends them sounds like bovine scatology. Dealers will know what they can sell best, and will stock those models.

Old 08-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Exclamation We have two FITS coming in

Production date was 9/8 so they should be in here soon but we show no other FITs coming in after that which is suspicious on the whole halting production. The dealership I work @ is in TN (close to KY) .. I'm not sure which two FITs are coming in but if anyone is interested you could PM me and I'll find out. These maybe the last two we get for awhile which would seriously suck.

Old 08-25-2006, 05:33 PM
iwu
well huzzah for protecting resale value of existing Fits I guess

Old 08-25-2006, 05:47 PM
I call honda thay told me no fit will be made till after new years. nice

Old 08-25-2006, 06:59 PM
game, I wonder how then my dealer got a production date for my Fit?

I think someone's getting the aforementioned BS. But is it you, or me??

Old 08-25-2006, 07:00 PM
If you don't mind traveling to Ohio, there is a black fit sport MT available.

Old 08-25-2006, 07:24 PM
i hope it ws me. so you get your fit

Quick Reply: Fit is No Go