General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit is No Go

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 09:17 PM
We ordered a Fit Sport MT from one dealer on April 20, and from another in late May, giving deposits to both. No results. No build dates. Fortunately, my wife's 1995 Integra is holding up at 139,000 miles, but it's costing us a fortune to keep it rolling. The Versa is beginning to look good, but only as an alternative to no new city car at all.

Old 08-25-2006, 10:16 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Tons of dealers around. We'll see, I don't mind waiting even 2-4 months for the right car, but I do want the certainity it'll arrive. I think I'm just going to be back in car-decision mode. Which means back to thinking about A4's, Legacy GT's, and passing by the Mitsu lot to see if there are any sub-invoice deals to be had on EVO's while Mitsubishi implodes.

The Fit really just caught my eye because it is, hands down, the best pure city/urban car available. But, for this type of car, I'm either buying best in class, or not at all (not interested in a Yaris, Versa, etc.)
Very well said! Thats the same way Im thinking also. Its either the Fit, or I'll use my $5000 down payment to buy a good used car. Keep in mind that I work at Carmax and we have whats called "whole sale cars." Which range from $50-$xxxxxx. Ive seen some nice cars all years roll through there that dont meet Carmax standards. I'll just pick up one of those, although Id rather not. I want a Fit.

wow, thats good to hear that you can get a hold of one.

I'm in the same situation with my m/t sport. I've got a build date of jul 4th and a delivery date of oct 15-31. this would put me at over 3 months waiting for this unit. I had to wait a month before I even had a release date and its still 2 months out for me...

knowing honda it'll show up later then the ETA.
When I put my deposit I asked what an ETA would be. They told me November. They said nothing more. I come to this site and I here about build dates and what not. My guess, November would be the time I get my build date. NOT the car and thats already 4 months of me waiting, waiting for nothing. If I dont here anything by November Ill go my second/third route. Buy a Scion tC or a whole sale car. Id rather not buy a tC since my mom already has one.

Luckily I have an extra car to drive, but I too want my MT sport fit or I think I may have a fit.
I have a 2nd car also. Its not very street-able. I can drive it on the street fine but the clutch is upgraded, the fuel system is upgraded. Just not a great daily. But its not bad, still has AC, PS, and all the good stuff.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:01 PM
5 Year Member
Just called my Honda guy today to ask questions... hes a really nice guy and we started shooting the **** and he said that i was lucky i got my order in when i did (8/8) because now anyone looking for a Fit has a build date of Jan/Feb and he said they aren't going to get any more MT until next year.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I still wonder about those WITH a build date. I have a Silver Sport MT with a build date of 9/16. I talked to the dealer who said he hasn't heard anything to the effect that it would NOT be built as scheduled. He was going to call Honda about it on Monday. I've still got my fingers crossed that I still might see this sometime in October, as I'm expecting.

Old 08-26-2006, 01:25 PM
I'm picking up my SSM MT base model at 2:00 p.m. today; "ordered" it on July 1st so it has been 8 weeks. I am feeling truly lucky to actually get the manual transmission. It's been frustrating with my dealer never knowing where it was or when it was coming in. But it's here, I saw it on the lot last night!!

Old 08-27-2006, 01:55 AM
so if i go to order a Fit this week, i wont be able to because they paused the production right?

Old 08-27-2006, 08:50 AM
Red face

I really don't know; I went to my local dealer on July 1st and drove the base AT Fit on the lot. I then put a deposit on a base MT with Black as my first choice and SSM as my second. My dealer told me it could be months; he had no idea. A week later he called and said he talked to California and could get me a SSM base MT that I guess was already scheduled for build because he could not "order" black. I did not get a VIN # until a month later (supposedly was built on 7-14-06) and the car did arrive in PA on August 25, 2006. My only problem was my salesman claimed he never had any info or couldn't track my car. But, in the end he came through. I only ever wanted the MT and it is awesome. My dealer has had 1 base AT. and 3 Sport ATs on the lot over the last 3 months. Never saw a MT.

Old 08-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Well, I had ordered a Sport MT, and got a production date of Sept 19. No word on any cancellations or delays in production, but I haven't had any dialog with the dealer since they gave me the build date a couple weeks ago.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Do you call and ask for a build date? Or did your dealer contact you?
I was thinking of calling and asking my dealer if they had heard of these massive delays. When I was there the only thing they told me was that they get 2 Fits a month. Thats it. When the Fits were first shipped they had around 5-7 of them. But once the word was out that they were being sold all of them were gone within 2 days.

Old 08-29-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I was thinking of calling and asking my dealer if they had heard of these massive delays. When I was there the only thing they told me was that they get 2 Fits a month. Thats it. When the Fits were first shipped they had around 5-7 of them. But once the word was out that they were being sold all of them were gone within 2 days.
The dealer I placed my order with is allowed to order 9 a month, and I still have yet to hear a production date for mine, and I am going on 8 weeks. They told me they are getting in some AT sports, but still no MT's. One of the local dealers right near my work had a black MT sport listed on their online inventory just yesterday. We called them yesterday and it had sold on Saturday (so they say). I'm sure it was already allocated to an individual, but if not i just barely missed it.

Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
I called my dealer because reading this forum raised a lot of questions but he gave me a build date when i ordered my car and said he would call when he knew the exact build date, vin # and delivery date. i have read on here about some shady dealers and my dealer gave me the same story about other dealers promising fits to their customers when they dont get allocated nearly as many as they are getting deposits for. my rule of thumb is to always call and ask if you have questions... thats what they are there for. and if you dont and something happens you will kick yourself for not calling.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:27 AM
i placed a deposite down on a white sport MT today and the sales man said worst case cinerio is 2 months till i get my fit so..... idk if it is true but i hope it's not gonna be any longer than that. i guess ill just have to wait and see..

Old 08-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by quangalang
i placed a deposite down on a white sport MT today and the sales man said worst case cinerio is 2 months till i get my fit so..... idk if it is true but i hope it's not gonna be any longer than that. i guess ill just have to wait and see..
I'm constantly on the lookout at other dealerships even though I put my deposit down with another. I'd recommend the same...because you never know.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Good luck getting your Fits guys! I think the car is amazing, but I'm going to get my deposit back from the dealer today. Heading over to Subaru tomorrow morning to probably order a 2007 Legacy GT Limited 5-speed.

Old 09-01-2006, 01:28 PM
Put an uncharged credit card deposit down July 14, got my Fit yesterday. Sport AT and I opted for Blue rather than Red which would have taken (at least) another month.

It was worth waiting for. It's really fun and so cute!

Old 09-01-2006, 02:37 PM
how much of a deposit is needed?

Old 09-02-2006, 01:07 AM
sam
Super Moderator
Deposit amount

Originally Posted by sxthirteen
how much of a deposit is needed?
I think I put down $500 on my credit card but it is up to the dealer.