General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.
View Poll Results: Why did you buy your Fit from the salesperson you did?
0%
Previous Customer
5.66%
The salesperson was a jerk, but they had what I wanted.
11.32%
He was a nice person, and very helpful.
20.75%
I knew what I wanted, so the salesperson basically just took my order.
62.26%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Why did you buy from....

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 04:13 PM
Why did you buy from....

What I want to know is why did you buy your Fit from the person you bought it from? Was the salesperon good to you? Did he just happen to have exactly the one you wanted? Was it price?

With all the salesperson/dealer bashing that gos on (on all car owner sites), I'd like to get some feedback on why you bought your car where you did and how you were treated.
Russ Swinnerton
Faulkner Honda

Old 08-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Copied from my post on another thread.

"Co"not"nicelli SUX. I had a downpayment there, and the fat salesperson was just ignorant and rude. i got my downpayment back and picked one up at ROBERTS Honda in Downingtown in a matter of 3 weeks. Roberts Honda was Great, the salesperson, the atmosphere, everything."

Old 08-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Father of the Wasteland
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pahondadealer
What I want to know is why did you buy your Fit from the person you bought it from? Was the salesperon good to you? Did he just happen to have exactly the one you wanted? Was it price?

With all the salesperson/dealer bashing that gos on (on all car owner sites), I'd like to get some feedback on why you bought your car where you did and how you were treated.
Russ Swinnerton
Faulkner Honda
I bout mine from Delany Honda in Indiana Pa. The saleman took me fpr a test drive in the civic. i saw the fit sitting there and said i wnat that.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:20 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Bradley at Ron Tonkin Honda in Portland was great, and treated us just as well after the sale when we had issues. She even wants us to come back and show her any accessories or aftermarket parts we put on.

[edit] PS: we paid MSRP, and didn't have to buy accessories. They're still selling them this way, too!

Last edited by Packy; 08-24-2006 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:11 PM
5 Year Member
In my case, I basically knew what I wanted, but the salesperson was suprisingly nice and helpful.

Old 08-24-2006, 06:54 PM
5 Year Member
I knew what I wanted, and sought to buy from the dealer I knew I would be going to for service. Luckily, they didn't know enough about the Fit at the time, and simply took my order, locking me (and them) in at MSRP, with no added options. My car came in, I wrote my check, and went merilly on my way.

Since picking up my car, my other half decided that she wanted a Fit, too. We tried going back to the same dealer for the same deal, but they insisted on adding way overinflated options we didn't need or desire, and would not order the car we wanted. In fact, there was no guarantee that a deposit would even get us the car we were picking out of their existing orders, because it required your salesman to see the car coming in first, and put the "SOLD" card on it, before another salesman spotted it.

Out of the other dealerships in the state, most were either tacking on mandatory options, or simply upping the price. We found three that were willing to order what we wanted, with no options, and no inflated price. Interestingly, those were also the nicest salespeople, in terms of personality. From those, we chose the dealer that was closest to home, and put down the deposit with them on July 3rd. Now, we're just waiting for the car to be built, and expect delivery, sometime in the late October/early November timeframe.

Last edited by DewaltDakota; 08-24-2006 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:21 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I knew what I wanted but the sales person there had beef with my in-laws so wife told me to get another salesman...

Old 08-24-2006, 08:13 PM
I was looking for a fit - this happened to be the guy that called me to say he had one. I said "ok i'll take it - be by saturday" Done. Never knew the guy from adam

Old 08-24-2006, 09:00 PM
5 Year Member
Mine was the first that actually had it on the lot. I originally put a deposit down over the phone at one dealer, then he said he'd call me back when he got it on the lot. I didnt like the sound of that so I kept called a few more places and found one for only 500 over msrp and I could pick it up that night, guarenteed. On the drive there the original salesman called a few times saying he couldnt find one, then found one, then it could be there in the morning, then he called again when I was driving my Fit home saying he had it on the lot.

Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Honda Fit Forums Moderator
i knew what i wanted and was buying it regardless. but my salesman was extremely nice. i've actually kept a friendly relationship with him since. (hoping it'll come in handy should any problems arise.) but the business manager at the dealership (the guy who actually wrote up the paperwork) was a complete ass. i like that dealership, good service and friendly people, but knowing what i went through on this purchase i would be reluctant to buy from them again.

Old 08-25-2006, 12:26 AM
The first Honda dealership I went to didn't have any Fits in stock, but I really liked the salesman's candor; he was honest, forthright, knowledgeable and very nice. Plus, he wasn't doing the hard sell. I went back a week later to reserve the Fit at that same dealership, and ended up with an obnoxious, pushy salesman (the first salesman was coming in later) that tried to sell me on a Base Fit because that's all he had coming in for the next shipment (I ended up reserving a Sport Fit). Later that day, I called another dealership by chance, and they actually had the very color and model of the Fit I wanted in stock! However, the saleman at this other dealership was a total sleazeball; he promised me on the phone that if I drove that night to buy it, he could sell the Fit to me for MSRP. When I got to the dealership, I shockingly discovered that they wanted $17,800 for this AT Sport Fit! After the test drive, they tried to convince me to buy this hot vehicle for the asking price, since it was "rare" and hard to find! I wouldn't budge and told them if they wanted me to buy the Fit, I would only pay MSRP, or I would walk. They agreed, I signed the papers, and the salesman promised me and my wife that he would buy us a Free cargo cover if we bought the Fit. 2 weeks later, I tried contacting the salesman about our free cargo cover, and he told us that he was fired from the dealership. What I later found out was that he was transferred to another branch of the same dealership, which means he was lying to us and trying to get out of his promise! We complained to the Honda sales manager about his salesman bad promise, and after 4 days of phone tag, the manager gave in and gave us our Free cargo cover! Although it ended happily for us, we're still pissed at this dealership! Watch out if you ever shop at Selma Honda!

Old 08-25-2006, 01:05 PM
I knew what I wanted, and used the Honda web site to request quotes and arrange test drives from several nearby dealers. All I got back was boilerplate emails which made it clear that they had not even read my note.

I decided to go to the dealer nearest me, where I have have been very satisfied with the service department, but have had only one good salesman among the four buying experiences there over the last 20 years. Fortunately, none of the sales people seem to stay around very long!

I walked into the showroom, one salesman approached me and I placed my order with him. I didn't choose that salesman, he was just the first one available. Pleasant enough, but not sure how knowledgeable he is. Told me six weeks to three months wait.