General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Farewell to FitFreak.net

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Unhappy Farewell to FitFreak.net

Hey guys. First off, I would like to thank all of you for the input you have given me for developing new products for the Fit. I am happy that I was able to be a part of this community, and to be able to share some of my ideas.You have all been a great help to me.

I have never tried to sell any product here, and thought I was respecting the forum rules pretty well. I never considered myself a vendor because we do not sell directly to the public, and I am not even in sales. I simply have alot of input on what we make for certain vehicles. Actually, I think a good part of my posts have nothing to do with bodykits or components we manufacture. I have tried to be unbiased, and encouraging about other new product. I have given advice/opinion on various topics, and felt like a part of the community.

I was contacted by an administrator, and was told that I had to sponsor the site or posts were going to be deleted. The money is not the issue. Anyhow, I do not agree with this, and will simply move on.

I just wanted to at least say thank you to those who have given their valuable input on this particular vehicle. I still would like to support the Fit community, and will continue to research new roduct to make for you. The guys who have been helping me on a more personal level, well you have my contact info.

I will no longer be posting on this site, as it seems I am no longer welcome here. If the moderators choose to delete this thread, so be it. I wish the best of luck to this community, and hope to see you guys at the shows. Feel free to stop by and say hello.

Old 08-21-2006, 09:59 PM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Oh man.. i will definatly bookmark the sites that you are associated with.. and look for any parts that be listed there! iam sorry to see you leaving

Old 08-21-2006, 10:35 PM
pNz
5 Year Member
looks like this site is turning into something more for the admins/owner of this site then to be here to help us. ive also heard somewhere that the sponsor fee recently went up like 3 times what it was before. i enjoyed reading your posts BenDF and never considered you to be a vendor. just someone that was developing cool stuff for us. ill be looking for your products.

Old 08-21-2006, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Ben you should REALLY reconsider your departure from the FitFreak community. Because from what I've seen all your posts would fall under this rule exception:

Originally Posted by Forum Rules
2) Rule Exceptions: a) You may test market your product to guage interest as long as you do not reference your eCommerce website. b) You may offer products for the good of the Fit Freak community. Such activities must be non-profit motivated.
In your Carbon-Fiber components thread you were test marketing your product and never pushed people to buy from your site. Most of your posts have been very helpful to the community at large and not profit motivated.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:00 AM
OH hell yes, got to love forum Nazis. You will be assimilated.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:43 AM
This site is not the only one to undergo such a downward spiral. It seems when the traffic levels go higher the bandwidth also goes up, the profits fall so hence the owners raise fees to cover the difference. Blackmail for sure...shamefull !!!!! ask the members for donations on a compltely volunteer basis and this can be set up thru paypal....too bad you guys didnt buy the t-shirts and stickers...hahaha....so no profits no site..what happened to a "Community" ?