General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 09:32 AM
5 Year Member
Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?

If you've ever been to NYC you know that there is big money to be made selling knockoffs. You can find everything from fake Louis Vuitton bags to fake Rolex watches. Well apparently Nissan has opened up a showroom on Canal St because their new Nissan Versa Note is the knockoff version of the Honda Fit. Apparently their Versa wasn't selling so well so they decided to copy the Fit and add the word "Note" for some unknown reason. Take a look at tell me what you think. Do you think it looks a little too much like the Fit or not?
Add the Sport option and you even get the little overhanging trim piece above the rear hatch window...meh.

2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback | Nissan USA

SS

Old 10-09-2013, 12:59 PM
Shit, if I had waited a bit I woulda picked a Note up.

BTW Nissan had the Versa hatchback in the states before the GD3s

Cant beat $14 grand starting.

In fact, CANNOT deny a Japanese car for under $15k startup adn still offering actuall usability.

Ill stick with my Fit though, its pretty much the coolest/best hatchback for use and efficiency in my book. Screw hybrids!!

Old 10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hahaha, LOL'ed at 'knock-off' remark.

i too think the note looks simiar to the fit. but the interior of the note looks more like a yaris (aka cheap).

Old 10-09-2013, 04:02 PM
5 Year Member
Saw this coming out last year at first I thought it was the Fit. The Versa itself is not very good car not sure about this car.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
I think it looks a little more like a Ford Fiesta myself, but probably halfway between a Fiesta and the Fit. The pricing definitely does look enticing, but I bet it isn't nearly as much fun to drive as our Fits.

-Dustin

Old 10-09-2013, 04:16 PM
MPA
it may look like a Fit, but if it drives anything like the older Versa it's nowhere near as fun to drive.

Old 10-09-2013, 04:47 PM
5 Year Member
Old news. Test drove one a few months back. But couldn't justify paying 18k (options I wanted) for a versa. Ended up for the fit sport nav. Never looked back. it drove like a versa and felt cheap like a versa.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Administrator
Friend of mine has one and I have spent some time in it comparing it to the Fit

Name:  IMG_4117_zpsbeb53755.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  168.4 KB

Name:  IMG_4112_zps2bc36a82.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  167.0 KB

Name:  IMG_4114_zps8452d20f.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  178.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4116_zpsb86e6aed.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  164.3 KB

Honestly, it's a nice car but I would still take the Fit over it for my personal preference.

The Note beats the Fit in MPG but I think the Fit beats it in performance and I like the Fit's design better as well

Old 10-09-2013, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by MPA
it may look like a Fit, but if it drives anything like the older Versa it's nowhere near as fun to drive.

Pretty much nailed it lol

Old 10-09-2013, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by MPA
Yes that nailed it.

I test drove the old Versa hatchback back to back with the Fit (within 30 minutes) and it was a complete no brainer for me. I don't expect the Note to be much different or more inspiring.

Nissan salesman proceeded to try to sell me a Cube or Juke after "no thanks" to which I gave them a second "no thanks"... although I had a rental Cube shortly before that for a few days and thought it was interesting, but not fun.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Yes that nailed it.

I test drove the old Versa hatchback back to back with the Fit (within 30 minutes) and it was a complete no brainer for me. I don't expect the Note to be much different or more inspiring.

Nissan salesman proceeded to try to sell me a Cube or Juke after "no thanks" to which I gave them a second "no thanks"... although I had a rental Cube shortly before that for a few days and thought it was interesting, but not fun.
Oh man, the old Versa was so horrendous.

I definitely felt like I was in a cheap car like you could see why it was the cheapest car in the US at the time.

Even though a similarly priced Fit is only a few grand more it always felt like it was worth wayyyyy more

Old 10-09-2013, 10:26 PM
I don't know if I'd quite call it a "knockoff," but it certainly is a pretty similar car in general appearance.

The Nissan doesn't have seats that are anywhere near as magical. On the other hand, it has an enormous amount of legroom in the back seat (and a decent amount in the front), way more than the Fit. The truth about cars did a (typically) good review of it a few months ago, and I took it to be a perfectly reasonable if unexciting and rather plain car—especially plain in the cheapest variants.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:59 AM
I actually test drove a Versa hatchback when they first came out. Went with the Fit because it drove better, aftemarket, & didn't have that stupid key thing also

Old 10-10-2013, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Born2Bfit
Old news. Test drove one a few months back. But couldn't justify paying 18k (options I wanted) for a versa. Ended up for the fit sport nav. Never looked back. it drove like a versa and felt cheap like a versa.
Oh well I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that everyone else on this forum has seen it.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shawnshank
Oh well I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that everyone else on this forum has seen it.

no worries. with the success rate of honda fits worldwide, there's no wonder why other folks will want a piece of the pie.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
no worries. with the success rate of honda fits worldwide, there's no wonder why other folks will want a piece of the pie.
I was being sarcastic. I'm not sorry.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Administrator

If it wasn't for my friend bringing one to out monthly 350z/370z meet I wouldn't have seen one in person

Old 10-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Nissan is made here and not much of a Japanese car anymore. My sister-in-law works for them. They aren't made well, and the little bit I bothered to read about them in consumer reports didn't have good enough things to say to make me want to keep reading. Sure they start at $13,900 or something, but I just got a base manual 2013 Fit for my dude yesterday, and it was $15,500... so for $1600 more than the Nissan, you can get a good quality car. I guess I'm just not into Nissan.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member

10char

Old 10-11-2013, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DeltaBond
I'm pretty sure Nissan is made here and not much of a Japanese car anymore. My sister-in-law works for them. They aren't made well, and the little bit I bothered to read about them in consumer reports didn't have good enough things to say to make me want to keep reading. Sure they start at $13,900 or something, but I just got a base manual 2013 Fit for my dude yesterday, and it was $15,500... so for $1600 more than the Nissan, you can get a good quality car. I guess I'm just not into Nissan.
yep, you have to get the sports car or the infiniti's to get the true feel of a nissan i suppose.

but then you got a french guy at the top with some bearded fellow trying to take over the company. i dont think that's the true way to go for nissan, but oh well. end result: nissan note. lol

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?