General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 10:45 PM
oh and also forgot to mention that Injen has already done R&D on my Note as well and these are the results for those that are interested:

Old 01-27-2014, 07:22 AM
5 Year Member
Two cars I liked in the past were the Scion XB (the original) and the first gen Fit. Didn't buy either one and one concern I had about them was HP. I think both had about the same power as the Note. That was another reason I got the Fit. 117 HP isn't a lot, but I have no problem getting on the freeway or passing, and I might have had concerns with the Note. Oh, I know the Note is 300 lbs lighter than the last version, which has 122 HP. So, is the acceleration about the same? Be interesting to see what you guys come up with as far as mods go, both engine and chasis.

Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 AM
Originally Posted by Note-ified
oh and also forgot to mention that Injen has already done R&D on my Note as well and these are the results for those that are interested:

That graph looks very uneven. Were you experiencing knock or misfires?

Id say its time to run a step colder sparkplugs and see if a bit more octane will smooth that map out.

Nissan shows they can make a pretty balanced motor!

Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by 13fit
That graph looks very uneven. Were you experiencing knock or misfires?

Id say its time to run a step colder sparkplugs and see if a bit more octane will smooth that map out.

Nissan shows they can make a pretty balanced motor!
no knocks or misfires, it's just according to the guy who did the R&D at Injen the computer on this engine tends to run on the rich side as far as AF ratios go and it starts to run really rich after 6000rpm which is the reason for all the spikes, i think with a tune you could potentially see another 5HP gain

Old 01-27-2014, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by siguy
Two cars I liked in the past were the Scion XB (the original) and the first gen Fit. Didn't buy either one and one concern I had about them was HP. I think both had about the same power as the Note. That was another reason I got the Fit. 117 HP isn't a lot, but I have no problem getting on the freeway or passing, and I might have had concerns with the Note. Oh, I know the Note is 300 lbs lighter than the last version, which has 122 HP. So, is the acceleration about the same? Be interesting to see what you guys come up with as far as mods go, both engine and chasis.

no problems passing anyone even when i was stock...last i checked the best 0-60mph anyone was able to get stock was 10.1 seconds so its about equal, maybe a tiny bit better than the old versa hatch which i believe had a 0-60mph time of 10.5 seconds

Old 01-27-2014, 10:24 AM
5 Year Member
Did you join a Fit forum just to make a sales pitch for the Versa Note?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by mike410b
Wondering the same. Nicoclub dead today?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:27 AM
are you serious?
do you say things like this just to be a jerk?

while he does not need me to speak up for him I will.
He is a friend and I like the info regardless of his car not being a Fit.

It sure would be nice to see you in person at a meet

Old 01-27-2014, 11:37 AM
I think making close to 100/100 with just the intake and no tune is not bad at all.I know the Fit has 117hp but that is at the crank.

When I have a little more time I want to dyno my bone stock GE8 and see what it makes.I'm not chasing hp numbers at all with this little motor but when a tuning solution comes around I might optimize what I have.

Thanks for sharing your progress and hope to make the next meet so I can check out the note and your mods so far.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Lol that's ok Patrick...this is mike btw from the meet and no I didn't come here to make a sales pitch...just another car enthusiast that happens to like both the fit and the note

Old 01-27-2014, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by zilla8
are you serious?
do you say things like this just to be a jerk?

while he does not need me to speak up for him I will.
He is a friend and I like the info regardless of his car not being a Fit.

It sure would be nice to see you in person at a meet
Nothing I said was 'mean.'

If you joined a Mazda2 forum to sing the praises of the Honda Fit, I'm sure they'd find it odd.

Look at things from the perspective of others please.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Administrator
Mike please ignore them, it's always nice to have a different perspective

For the rest of you, Mike is a long time friend of mine who owns both a Civic and a Note and is literally one of the kindest people I know. He has no agenda he just wanted to give an opinion from an owners side.

Nothing he has ever said has put down the Fit so I don't understand where the anomosity is coming from?

I for one am interested in this car because as more of the B-spec cars become available to the public more enthusiasts buy them and start modifying them

Old 01-27-2014, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Mike please ignore them, it's always nice to have a different perspective

For the rest of you, Mike is a long time friend of mine who owns both a Civic and a Note and is literally one of the kindest people I know. He has no agenda he just wanted to give an opinion from an owners side.

Nothing he has ever said has put down the Fit so I don't understand where the anomosity is coming from?

I for one am interested in this car because as more of the B-spec cars become available to the public more enthusiasts buy them and start modifying them

thanks for the kind words wais, and as far as the comments i didnt really take them as any form of animosity against me, i mean i can understand it's a little strange having someone who doesnt own a fit be part of the fit forums, but then again coming from the 370Z forums i guess i just got used to people having different cars than the 370Z over there and being welcomed as just car guys in general. As for all the fit owners on here, i absolutely love the Honda Fit, but i just chose a different path is all as i am a little more fond of Nissans than i am Honda even though that's all my dad has ever seemed to own and work on aside from a few muscle cars back when i was younger such as a 69 GTO. all in all i'm just here to talk cars, not bash on anyones car and i truly do give props to everyone on here who has made the modding scene for the fit what it is today

Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by Note-ified
thanks for the kind words wais, and as far as the comments i didnt really take them as any form of animosity against me, i mean i can understand it's a little strange having someone who doesnt own a fit be part of the fit forums, but then again coming from the 370Z forums i guess i just got used to people having different cars than the 370Z over there and being welcomed as just car guys in general. As for all the fit owners on here, i absolutely love the Honda Fit, but i just chose a different path is all as i am a little more fond of Nissans than i am Honda even though that's all my dad has ever seemed to own and work on aside from a few muscle cars back when i was younger such as a 69 GTO. all in all i'm just here to talk cars, not bash on anyones car and i truly do give props to everyone on here who has made the modding scene for the fit what it is today
It's no different then the 370z guys bashing the 350z or vice versa, seems like everyone bashes what they don't have

A true enthusiast wouldn't bash another car but would try to learn about that car and appreciate the differences, we talk about this all the time

Old 01-27-2014, 08:47 PM
It's no different then the 370z guys bashing the 350z or vice versa, seems like everyone bashes what they don't have

A true enthusiast wouldn't bash another car but would try to learn about that car and appreciate the differences, we talk about this all the time
lol, true enough...fortunately that is kept to a minimum on the 370 forums, but we do have those flare up every now and then

Old 01-27-2014, 10:43 PM
5 Year Member
Where has anyone bashed Note guy? You guys are crazy sensitive or something, neither I nor Wanderer said a single offensive word.

Old 01-27-2014, 11:18 PM
Where has anyone bashed Note guy? You guys are crazy sensitive or something, neither I nor Wanderer said a single offensive word.
no worries Mike, i'm sure it was just a misunderstanding...pretty hard to get what a person says on a forum without some emotion behind the words so i can see how the comments could have been misunderstood, but i just took them as you joking around..no harm, no foul right?

Old 01-27-2014, 11:44 PM
Yeah I don't think anyone was bashing, just thought it strange. It makes more sense since he's friends with regular posters in-person.

Nothing against the Note or those that love them. Not for me but that's me and that's just like my opinion man. I formed the opinion after driving a Versa MT, just wasn't there for me.

Old 01-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Administrator
All good, the Versa forums are pretty dead so I don't blame him for hanging around here

I never met someone who actually was on Nicoclub

Old 01-28-2014, 01:01 AM
All good, the Versa forums are pretty dead so I don't blame him for hanging around here

I never met someone who actually was on Nicoclub
im not even kidding right now, but the latest thread was a prospective Note owner asking about future resale value compared to the Fit lol

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?