General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 12:39 AM
I work with a guy who drives a Prius C which also resembles the fit (and is within an inch on every dimension).
Pat

Old 10-14-2013, 02:42 AM
If someone has seen it do post the pics.

Old 10-17-2013, 09:25 AM
5 Year Member
SAN DIEGO – Nissan plans on staying atop the U.S. subcompact-car market with the new ’14 Versa Note, a model the auto maker says will compete by offering price, style and value.
The debut of the hatchback follows the Versa sedan’s launch by nearly two years, and with both cars now in the fold, Nissan expects to sell more than 100,000 units of the two combined in their first full year on the market together.
Last year, the Versa slid to second place in WardsAuto’s Lower Small segment with 113,327 deliveries, trailing the Kia Soul at 115,778 units. Third- and fourth-place Chevrolet Sonic and Hyundai Accent were well off that pace, recording sales of 81,247 and 61,004, respectively.
However, this year, Versa has reclaimed the lead with 63,761 deliveries through June, up 4.7% from like-2012.
Nissan has no intentions of ceding control of the segment to a competitor, says Julie Lynch, senior marketing manager.
“We want to hold on to B-segment leadership,” she tells WardsAuto at a media rollout for the car here. “We tout the Versa very proudly as the best-selling entry car, and we have every intention to continue to be the leader.”

The one difference between these car figure sales and the Fit is each offers a sedan which included in these figures (except the Soul of course) so the Fit sales figures seem strong based on the annual sales. It would seem that with the sedan and if Honda did the Hybrid Fit the Fit could be up there near the top.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:59 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think the note is definitely more attractive and functional vs soul, sonic, and that other one.

sonic hatch looks pretty cool and i like that MT turbo trim idea, but the cargo space is just too damn small while rear seats are up. can't go shopping with the kids without thinking i might need to place the goods in the cabin vs trunk. that is just plan dumb and meaningless to have a hatch (which most people find unattractive as it looks like a small stationwagon), yet you have to place your purchases in the cabin?? come on now, GM.

Old 10-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by pordy
I work with a guy who drives a Prius C which also resembles the fit (and is within an inch on every dimension).
Pat
I have several friends who have Prius C's, they are great little cars and the interior room is very similar to the Fit. I just don't like the handling of the Prius line personally so I went with the Fit instead.

Originally Posted by TamekaMaines
If someone has seen it do post the pics.
I posted pics in post #8

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1205123-post8.html

Originally Posted by cjecpa
SAN DIEGO – Nissan plans on staying atop the U.S. subcompact-car market with the new ’14 Versa Note, a model the auto maker says will compete by offering price, style and value.
The debut of the hatchback follows the Versa sedan’s launch by nearly two years, and with both cars now in the fold, Nissan expects to sell more than 100,000 units of the two combined in their first full year on the market together.
Last year, the Versa slid to second place in WardsAuto’s Lower Small segment with 113,327 deliveries, trailing the Kia Soul at 115,778 units. Third- and fourth-place Chevrolet Sonic and Hyundai Accent were well off that pace, recording sales of 81,247 and 61,004, respectively.
However, this year, Versa has reclaimed the lead with 63,761 deliveries through June, up 4.7% from like-2012.
Nissan has no intentions of ceding control of the segment to a competitor, says Julie Lynch, senior marketing manager.
“We want to hold on to B-segment leadership,” she tells WardsAuto at a media rollout for the car here. “We tout the Versa very proudly as the best-selling entry car, and we have every intention to continue to be the leader.”

The one difference between these car figure sales and the Fit is each offers a sedan which included in these figures (except the Soul of course) so the Fit sales figures seem strong based on the annual sales. It would seem that with the sedan and if Honda did the Hybrid Fit the Fit could be up there near the top.
Interesting, I wonder how the supposed Fit Sedan would factor into all of this.

Originally Posted by kenchan
i think the note is definitely more attractive and functional vs soul, sonic, and that other one.

sonic hatch looks pretty cool and i like that MT turbo trim idea, but the cargo space is just too damn small while rear seats are up. can't go shopping with the kids without thinking i might need to place the goods in the cabin vs trunk. that is just plan dumb and meaningless to have a hatch (which most people find unattractive as it looks like a small stationwagon), yet you have to place your purchases in the cabin?? come on now, GM.
I have never been in a Soul but the Sonic is retardedly small, it just looks scary in the back seat.

Surprisingly enough the Juke was really roomy, if the Juke NISMO was available CPO I would have probably picked one up instead of a Fit

Old 10-17-2013, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member

My Dad brought a Sonic recently talked about pricing not a turbo but the sticker was over $19k with dealers discounts $16k. I could not believe the car was that high and really no up scaled options. It is small compared to my Fit in cargo room. I was trying to talk him into a base Fit and if he got red i would swap the hatch off my Sport.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Surprisingly enough the Juke was really roomy, if the Juke NISMO was available CPO I would have probably picked one up instead of a Fit
hey waizzz- roomy? if so, you forgot to check the cargo ceiling clearance, and back seat especially the foot well area cause that was the main reason why i didnt get the juke last year. it's too small. it's like a tall 4seater coupe with 2 extra doors. i test drove one in 6MT and it drove pretty nice.

but due to the foot well and probably not being able to carry my 19's off my other car without using some strategic planning, it was a pass.

plus, the dealer was an a-hole. same dealer that i bought my other car from...but the sales guy who helped me had already left the company.

also, i just couldn't get myself to like the oddball shape completely... the nismo version looks pretty good though.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Administrator
hey waizzz- roomy? if so, you forgot to check the cargo ceiling clearance, and back seat especially the foot well area cause that was the main reason why i didnt get the juke last year. it's too small. it's like a tall 4seater coupe with 2 extra doors. i test drove one in 6MT and it drove pretty nice.

but due to the foot well and probably not being able to carry my 19's off my other car without using some strategic planning, it was a pass.

plus, the dealer was an a-hole. same dealer that i bought my other car from...but the sales guy who helped me had already left the company.

also, i just couldn't get myself to like the oddball shape completely... the nismo version looks pretty good though.
I put a fat freind in the front seat and I sat behind him, worked for me for my purposes

Old 10-17-2013, 03:14 PM
5 Year Member
I put a fat freind in the front seat and I sat behind him, worked for me for my purposes
huh... i could never fit back there comfortably. and im not even that big.
the new impreza's foot well (along with the STI) was a close match to the GE.

Old 10-17-2013, 03:54 PM
I was about to ask about the Juke being roomy lol

I'm 5'11 and 190 and I found the Juke to be to cramped in the rear seat area.It would be ok for small kids but not adults.

I was looking at the Juke before buying my Fit but checked it out at the Car show
and took it off my list.

I like it and the Turbo is sweet but It just would not work for my Family.We love our Fit and It's got plenty of room for my junk.

I saw a Note in front of my house the other day and it sure looks a lot like a Fit.

Old 12-11-2013, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
My neighbor has three kids in college and they all park on the street. One them has a red Versa hatch, and it is a nice looking car, IMO. My last three cars were hondas, the three before that were nissans (going back to 1992)

Never had a problem with any of them.

I love my Fit though.

Old 12-21-2013, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
The Versa Note is potentially a nice car but it needs a bigger engine--the current 1.6-liter HR16DE engine is just a tad underpowered even with the CVT. It needs the MR18DE engine from the previous-generation Nissan Versa hatchback/sedan, in my humble opinion.

Old 01-26-2014, 01:50 AM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188
The Versa Note is potentially a nice car but it needs a bigger engine--the current 1.6-liter HR16DE engine is just a tad underpowered even with the CVT. It needs the MR18DE engine from the previous-generation Nissan Versa hatchback/sedan, in my humble opinion.

you'd be surprised how peppy the Note is even with the HR16DE engine in it, nissan retuned the CVT in the Note specifically to provide a little more oomph

Old 01-26-2014, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by MtViewGuy188

the older versa still had a 1.6. at least the 2009 that I rented a few years ago.

I make them look terrible at the dragstrip, even when their owners have bolt ons. Perks of us Fits having short gears!

Old 01-26-2014, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by 13fit
the older versa still had a 1.6. at least the 2009 that I rented a few years ago.

I make them look terrible at the dragstrip, even when their owners have bolt ons. Perks of us Fits having short gears!
you also have to realize that the old versa hatchback was around 300lbs heavier than the Note

Last edited by Note-ified; 01-26-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Administrator
I think people need to see it in person to really appreciate it Mike

Old 01-26-2014, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Note-ified
you also have to realize that the old versa hatchback was around 300lbs heavier than the Note
I could care less. I can drop nearly 300 pounds from my fit and still have AC and heat.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:28 PM
I think people need to see it in person to really appreciate it Mike

i guess so, was just trying to show some perspective, but i guess people just need something to bash on sometimes lol

Old 01-26-2014, 09:39 PM
5 Year Member
The Note is a nice looking car. Checked it out before I bought my Fit. I looked at all the cars in this class, and the one thing the Fit has is the interior space. Seats fold flat, and none of the other brands can match that. That was really a big factor in buying the Fit. A lot of cars like the Note can take off pretty good in first gear, but then kinda taper off after that. I have a stick and 1st gear really winds up quick, and 2nd gear is also pretty zippy. I would imagine that if you have a Note with a stick, it would be better acceleration than the CVT. I hope you like your Note, it's a great little city car, like that car that starts with a T and the one that starts with an H and the one that starts with a K.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by siguy
The Note is a nice looking car. Checked it out before I bought my Fit. I looked at all the cars in this class, and the one thing the Fit has is the interior space. Seats fold flat, and none of the other brands can match that. That was really a big factor in buying the Fit. A lot of cars like the Note can take off pretty good in first gear, but then kinda taper off after that. I have a stick and 1st gear really winds up quick, and 2nd gear is also pretty zippy. I would imagine that if you have a Note with a stick, it would be better acceleration than the CVT. I hope you like your Note, it's a great little city car, like that car that starts with a T and the one that starts with an H and the one that starts with a K.

exactly what i was getting at, and believe me the Fit was high on my list of fun to drive cheap econo cars but ultimately i decided on the Note as it had just been released and i wanted to try out a car no one had tried before and be on the ground floor so to speak as far as the modding scene which was sure to follow its release based on the fact that it so closely resembles the Honda Fit. In the end my gamble paid off cause not even 6 months after it was released here in the US mine was the first Note to be modified by Tanabe and it was well worth it as it has proved to make the Note a much better handler than it comes from the factory and Tanabe is not even done testing out parts on my Note as i have another round of testing to look forward to come march or april

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?