General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
The GF and I looked into the Note as a replacement car for her, I really like the interior, felt a lot more comfortable and had some nice features, compared to both my 08 Base and a 12 Sport.

Old 10-11-2013, 12:35 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
really? i didnt care for the note's interior when i looked at edmunds's photo's.

but, might be more comfy though, not sure.

no excitement in the interior, looked like yaris or something i had to drive on a rental from hertz a while back. it looked/felt more like a chevy or something domestic...?

Old 10-11-2013, 04:35 PM
5 Year Member
Does anyone have any review sites where they actually tested the performance/handling of the Versa Note?

Old 10-11-2013, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by einstein77
Does anyone have any review sites where they actually tested the performance/handling of the Versa Note?
2014 Nissan Versa Note SV with SL Tech Package First Test - Motor Trend

Old 10-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by Motor Trend
Aside from patience, 10.4 seconds are needed to get the Versa hatch (which is 78 pounds heavier than its sedan sibling) to 60 mph from a standstill, some 1.3 seconds slower than the outgoing model. A quarter mile comes in 17.8 seconds at 78.2 mph. Braking to a stop from 60 mph takes 127 feet, nearly 10 feet shorter than its predecessor.

Yes, the older version was motivated by a more powerful 122-hp, 1.8-liter engine, but still, the majority of segment consumers love some gusto, or at least a responsive chassis and solid manual transmission, a la Honda's Fit. Upon turn-in on the Note, a slow lean, numb steering, and tire screech galore will greet you posthaste.
Oh lawd. Unfortunately exactly what I expected to read

Old 10-11-2013, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
It's not a Fit knockoff, do you call a Sienna "Grand Caravan knockoff?" It's just more competition in this marketing segment that Chrysler can't call its own. The small station wagon that the Fit is has been around for a long time and will just keep and keep evolving.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:48 PM
Originally Posted by Jensen Healy
It's not a Fit knockoff, do you call a Sienna "Grand Caravan knockoff?"
The term knockoff was originally used for this car on FF.net because of all the stolen styling cues from the GE, not simply because it is a five door hatchback.

It's interesting because the original photos or renditions I saw of the Note it looked like a BLATANT copy of the Fit, so maybe they changed a few things just enough for it to not be so obvious.

Old 10-11-2013, 08:16 PM
Ah, good ole semantics.

Old 10-11-2013, 09:21 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't seen this car in person but it looks smaller then the Fit in the pictures. I think it would be a knockoff if it had the magic seats but most designs in this segments look very similar. After all it is the biggest segment in the world I was reading even though it has the lowest margins.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
It's a knockoff

I'll still believe a Fit is coming toward me down the street for some of the sighting. I am betting this is the closest look to the Fit, stylishly, at this point of any other car. I would really like to get some reviews by some Fit owners who have driven the car vigorously, and can honestly rate the handling characteristics. Even though the price seems better, I have a feeling, by the time you walk away from the dealer you've paid as much as a Fit. This was the experience I had when pricing the earlier budget Versas.

Old 10-12-2013, 01:26 PM
They do tend to have 'add ons' that aren't avoidable, so I wouldn't assume that its that much less than a Fit. I'm tempted to go test drive one just so I can report back. Nissan's don't last as long as Honda's anyway, so I'd never consider buying one.

Old 10-12-2013, 03:04 PM
5 Year Member
When the Fit first came to the USA I use to mistake this car as one from a distance.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Waizzz
Friend of mine has one and I have spent some time in it comparing it to the Fit

Honestly, it's a nice car but I would still take the Fit over it for my personal preference.

The Note beats the Fit in MPG but I think the Fit beats it in performance and I like the Fit's design better as well

How does it compare for cargo room?

Old 10-13-2013, 04:29 AM
Anybody notice the James Bond-like Active Grille Shutter that closes at high speed for better aerodynamics? I like that idea and am wondering who will be the first one to mod that grill to a Fit.

Old 10-13-2013, 07:09 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I test drove a Nissan Versa when I was looking to buy in 2007. I test drove the Versa and the Yaris. The Versa handling was terrible and it did not feel like it had a good feel for the road. Gear transitions felt jerky. The interior design just did not impress me. When I test drove the Fit and slammed it into a curve - the improved handling was the first thing that I noticed. There are so many knock off to the Fit being made but none compare. I still remember how many people right after I got the car would walk up to me and ask me what it was. I could go into a store and come out to find a person walking around my car and asking the questions, "Is this a hybrid"? Having some guy driving in front of me, stick his cell phone through the sky roof to take a picture of the car was the most strangest! LOL!

Old 10-13-2013, 09:03 AM
After I bought my CR-V in 2010, I continued to kinda 'shop' for cars, because I learned that I actually enjoy learning about them all. Strangely, I never really paid any attention to the fit until one crossed in front of me on my walk near a museum in downtown Nashville. It was red, and they had a roof rack on it, and since there was so much contrast with all the black on the car, I just thought it looked really techy and cool, and just a solid design all the way. I pointed at it and told my friend, "There is my car!"... the next week I bought mine (July). Its funny, I now see them all over the place, and I'm still not sure why I didn't pay any attention to them before... but maybe its because they're so small or something.

I can spot a Nissan miles away, because they have some signature design patterns from one vehicle to the next, and it simply does not suit me. Everyone I know who owns a Nissan has some excuse for owning it, and I'm not convinced they are cheaper. The Fit is basically what the Civic used to be, and since Civics are now super spendy for what they are, people aren't looking at the rest of the Honda line, they're just going to other makes of cars, and if you notice, there are TONS of Nissan Sentras on the road.

I don't think many people want to take too much time to think about what they buy anymore, and I understand - life is stressful, but I feel that if I'm gonna spend thousands of dollars on something, I'd like to know what I'm getting. I have bought one month subscriptions a few times ($7) to consumer reports just to compare vehicles. That's how I learned what a better value Honda is than Nissan, and cheaper than Mazda.

Anyway, sorry for rambling there, but I'm amazed at people's reasons for what they do.

Old 10-13-2013, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
I don't see how it looks anything like a GE.

However, the 3rd gen Fit does look just like the Note

Old 10-13-2013, 07:43 PM
Administrator
Originally Posted by hogwylde
How does it compare for cargo room?
Sightly less cargo room since the seats don't sit as flat to the floor as the Fit

Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
Does look similar opening and two tone interior.

Old 10-13-2013, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
chevys GD3

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 10-13-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone seen the latest Honda Fit knockoff?