General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Anyone wish they got a different color when they bought their car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone wish they got a different color when they bought their car?

I am kicking myself for not getting white. I could be partial as I've owned a white car in the past and loved it but I just think it looks the best. I also really like the black but I just I traded in my black Jetta to get this car so I wanted a break. I couldn't find a white Fit so I ended up with my second choice which was silver. I like the silver...I think it's sharp but I really wanted white.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
I wanted white but with a manual transmission in 2012 always had black cars just hard to keep clean. Problem Honda was limiting imports and manual was not readily available. So I had to give a dealer a list of colors that I would accept. Of course I ended up with the last color on the list red. I am now quite happy with it. But I always thought the white is a classy look.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Taffy

Old 10-02-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm torn. I love black, but with the limited free time to clean it, part of me wishes I would have gone with silver.

Old 10-02-2013, 05:26 PM
5 Year Member
now that I only look for used car bargains, it is very tough to get the one and only car color I want from here on out: white. With my Fit, I did get a nice light reflective color in the burnt orange. But with my Vibe, I have to be extra careful every day in city traffic with my dark blue car. Even with daytime running lights, idiots cut me off all the time because the dark color just blends in with the blacktop. From now on, if at all possible, it is white all the way.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 PM
i too love my taffy. i had compromised and not gotten white in the past and always kicked myself for it, so this time i made sure to. i prefer white when possible, but that is a popular color and not always available.

Old 10-03-2013, 03:33 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by shawnshank
I am kicking myself for not getting white. I could be partial as I've owned a white car in the past and loved it but I just think it looks the best. I also really like the black but I just I traded in my black Jetta to get this car so I wanted a break. I couldn't find a white Fit so I ended up with my second choice which was silver. I like the silver...I think it's sharp but I really wanted white.
i have a white 09 and silver 12.

the white is nice, but silver with the right polymer looks real nice too.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
I wanted silver as first choice, black second and blue third, but when I got mine new at the beginning of 2010 there were no manuals available in the tristate area (NY, NJ or PA). They were able to find me my orange manual in southern PA!! I've grown to love it, and so has the local law enforcement!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 07:38 PM
5 Year Member
Same situation it is hard to believe in smaller cars it is such an issue but I guess no one drives manual anymore. We should start a thread or maybe I should to see if there all ready is one that list owners on here that have automatics and one's that have manuals to see the percentages.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:57 AM
my taffy is the best one among all the other models

Old 10-04-2013, 02:35 AM
5 Year Member
I was waiting for a while until TW manula showed up at the dealer in the end of 2012, so that is what I got.
In 2010 I also found a TW manual in New Mexico. Happy with the colors. Looks classy, easy to keep clean, most noticeable car in glomy weather and at night, oh and stayes the coolest in hot so cal sun.
My second choice would be bright yellow, but of course it's not available in the US.
Of the available ones, my second choice would be either silver or red. Red looks sharp too, like a little exotic ferarri. I am not a fan of black or grey cars at all. Blue is nice but imho, too dangerous. Green and orange are ok to see on the road but not to own one (it's like having a lip tattoo or piercing. Fine for others but not fot me )

Old 10-04-2013, 09:07 AM
Its interesting to read this and see so many people prefer white. I was concerned about getting my Vortex Blue, due to safety, but it has enough highlights in the pearl paint to be noticeable enough. It was a little dark for my taste, and if I was buying again, I would honestly say it would be a toss up between the milano red and the blue raspberry - the red looks very sharp when waxed with the Fit's black trim here and there. The blue raspberry - well, I'm a woman, so yes, I like turquoisy spandexy blue - which, in addition, doesn't seem to show dirt much, so that's a plus with that blue. I didn't get it because I knew my fiance might drive it, and although I wish I had not let that influence my decision, that was the reason I didn't get it.

With darker cars, if you're stuck with one and concerned about safety, its worth the extra time to keep it shiny, because that helps keep it more noticeable. Just sayin.

Old 10-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
actually i wanted that blue, but in my area all the blue's were AT's and i wanted a MT.

so i gave up on the blue, searched around for left over silver sport in MT (shopped end of model year)...and found a dealer with 4 MT's in-stock in silver. so i got a great deal on it. no complaints.

Old 10-04-2013, 12:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DeltaBond
Its interesting to read this and see so many people prefer white. I was concerned about getting my Vortex Blue, due to safety, but it has enough highlights in the pearl paint to be noticeable enough. It was a little dark for my taste, and if I was buying again, I would honestly say it would be a toss up between the milano red and the blue raspberry - the red looks very sharp when waxed with the Fit's black trim here and there. The blue raspberry - well, I'm a woman, so yes, I like turquoisy spandexy blue - which, in addition, doesn't seem to show dirt much, so that's a plus with that blue. I didn't get it because I knew my fiance might drive it, and although I wish I had not let that influence my decision, that was the reason I didn't get it.

With darker cars, if you're stuck with one and concerned about safety, its worth the extra time to keep it shiny, because that helps keep it more noticeable. Just sayin.
So you like spandexy blue eh? Are you a child of the 80's?

Old 10-04-2013, 01:47 PM
I must be, because the only other people I see driving those are really young women.

Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 PM
I got a SSM but I wish I would taken Red or the darker gray that I've seen on alot of the GD3's.

I was in a similar predicament, wanted an MT and the only one within 100 miles was a SSM, so almost 6 years later its still here, mostly.

Everytime I see a White Fit its super dirty and I dont like it, but the red and dark gray ones I see are super clean smexy.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 PM
5 Year Member
Color Choice

For me, it was Vivid Blue Pearl for my GD, and Vortex Blue Pearl for the GE replacement. Blue was the ONLY color I was interested in, and since I wanted a manual, I was willing to wait. Honda's color palette is extremely limited;the Fit just cries out for a yellow, or a bright green! It took about 4 months for the '07, and five months for the '12. Maybe I should update my avatar?! Nah, if a GD is good enough for the Forum, it's good enough for me! R.I.P.

'12 VBP Sport 5MT w/minor appearance & comfort mods!!

[IMG]https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/[/IMG]

Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM
5 Year Member
There was a rumor that Honda was going to offer the Earth Dreams engine in the current Fit before the next generation. If that was the case i would consider trading in my current Fit and get a White one for the additional horsepower, better economy and still built in Japan. But as rumors go no such luck.

Old 10-08-2013, 02:20 PM
Only MTs in my area were black and red-- the two colors I didn't want (red to flashy for middle aged me and black too hot in summer). Silver and blue were my top choices and finally my local dealer got one for me in silver -- no complaints!
Pat

Old 10-08-2013, 03:13 PM
NoPe! love the color I got. simple and bold : black.

the other colors were cool tho. but I love the black w black housing hdlights combo

Quick Reply: Anyone wish they got a different color when they bought their car?