General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Does my Honda Fit looked totaled?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 05:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SevereService
I wanted to add this...lets say you want to sell the car one day. They will all run the Carfax and this will show up. However, if you tell someone that you had it repaired in Honda's Certified shop and have all the paperwork that fact might make the car more salable.
But then you also have to ask yourself the question, would you buy a vehicle that was in a front and rear end collision? Front of the car has issues, rear of the car has issues, potential leakage through hatch not fitting properly, all questions a potential buyer may ask themselves.

If damage is 8-9K, get the money, the car isnt worth much more then that anyways.

Old 08-18-2013, 05:50 PM
No, I would never buy such a car and thats why I suggest pressuring the adjuster to total it. At the least say to the adjuster "I want this totalled." However, if he must get it repaired then I say do it through certified Honda shops. It would be more salable in the future if its done through a reputable body shop trusted by Honda who fixes them all the time.

Although, personally, I wouldnt buy the car anyway.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by SevereService
No, I would never buy such a car and thats why I suggest pressuring the adjuster to total it. At the least say to the adjuster "I want this totalled." However, if he must get it repaired then I say do it through certified Honda shops. It would be more salable in the future if its done through a reputable body shop trusted by Honda who fixes them all the time.

Although, personally, I wouldnt buy the car anyway.
My resale value on this car now is extremely lowered. Which really sucks considering I just bought it. Did you have a chance to look at the link that I posted with similar damage?

Old 08-19-2013, 12:01 AM
I can give you good advice. First, I am an insurance adjuster, an independent adjuster, who goes around looking at damaged cars all day.

If you really want the car totalled then do the following:

- Remove as much stuff as possible from the car so all of the damage can be seen. If you can remove the front bumper then do so. Get the hood open. Remove the trim from the inside such as the matts and the carpet. Feel around for additional damage. Make sure no damage is missed.

- When the adjuster comes tell the adjuster in no uncertain terms you want it totaled. Tell them if its not totaled then you are going to complain and make this a hard process for all. Be very up front and tell it to their face.

- If the car is at a shop, tell the shop you want it totaled. Tell them you will make problems if it gets repaired.

If as an adjuster I know you will make problems for me then I will try to throw the car over the line. Its not worth it for me to have this kind of trouble.

The picture of the car you placed up is much worse damage then yours. It is similar, but its much worse.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:55 PM
So I got to see my car today I took better pictures in the daylight. I'll post soon. The damage adjuster is going to look at the car on Wednesday.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:07 AM
SO here are to updated photos of the car in daylight.
THE REAR DAMAGE...

THE FRONT DAMAGE...

Last edited by RaspberryFit4; 08-20-2013 at 06:15 AM.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:35 PM
5 Year Member
its probly gunna be total lost im sry about ur car

Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by GinoLicious
If damage is 8-9K, get the money, the car isnt worth much more then that anyways.
I didn't see if he bought the car new or used, but if the car is new, its worth a lot more than 8-9k. I totaled my '09 sport with 52k miles and got $15,600 out of it last year.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:57 AM
5 Year Member
Wow that's some damage on the rear. Did not see it like that in any of your other pics.

I had insurance pay close to 12,000 to fix an 05 civic coupe that rolled off a service road onto the highway. Again I was in high school. Grade a idiot. But eh I wasn't driving. Hence the idiot move. I will never have insurance pay over $7k for damages without givin me a new car

Old 08-21-2013, 01:25 PM
the front looks 'fine' (as in easily fixable / not gonna total it) the rear end could easily be some serious unibody problems

Old 08-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah that door to fender clearance doesn't look too promising, that's not normal. Try to get it totalled. Thanks for providing those pics.

Old 08-21-2013, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Yeah that door to fender clearance doesn't look too promising, that's not normal. Try to get it totalled. Thanks for providing those pics.
Ahh I didn't see that gap (or lack thereof), I'd say totaled or so close to borderline that they'll do it.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Seeing you car in this shape makes me sad, since it's essentially the same car as mine - just a different color.

Glad you are okay. But make sure you send everything to the other people's insurance. You took care of your car and did not hit another car because you were responsible in following distance etc, in the events up to the accident. So the onus is on that insurance agency to make it right.

My wife just got done with a settlement from another guy's insurance agency when he "lost control of his brakes" in the rain and he collided into her. They paid for her medical bills and also provided her with damages. She is now able to pay off the car she replaced her old, totaled one with. She walks away with a little money in her pocket because she got tough with the Insurance agency.

Push comes to shove, go to a Personal Injury Lawyer and get it done with your rights in mind.

Edit: By the way, edit your license plate out mate.

Last edited by DeySilver; 08-21-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Don't have much to say that hasn't been said already. Just wanted to say best of luck with your situation, I hope everything works out in your favor.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Just an update the damage adjuster looked at the car and estimated it at minimum of 6, 900, but they haven't taken the car apart yet.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:49 PM
5 Year Member
Hopefully they total it out and you get the money for a new one.

If for some odd reason they say they can fix it, I'd have the shop you take it to do a sport model conversion for the front end and side skirts. I'd try to just have them total the car though.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
Is the car new/used?? Mileage?

Old 08-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Its a used 2012 17K miles.

Old 08-27-2013, 10:45 AM
Name:  FIT1_zps7abe6bc1.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  118.2 KB Name:  FIT2_zps32e1bef4.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  96.0 KB
Sorry to hear about your BRM base, mine got nailed too as you can see. Some old bag from NY nailed me in a Roundabout....she wasn't paying attention.

Last edited by BlueRaspberryFit; 08-27-2013 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Try to not settle for the repairs.
Look on youtube to seewhat happens with underbody in a crash.
Chances are, this car could never be alignes again.

Quick Reply: Does my Honda Fit looked totaled?