General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Might be getting this fit, thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Might be getting this fit, thoughts?

Used 2011 Honda Fit Sport Hatchback for sale in Florida

It seems like a good deal for such a new car, only bad thing is the previous accident, carfax says front end damage, airbags not deployed, my family has purchased two cars from this dealership, very upfront if there is something wrong with the car, so I'm not too worried about it, the price seems extremely low for the years and miles, just looking for a comparison with what you guys have paid.

Old 06-17-2013, 04:42 AM
Banned
If the air bags did not deploy and it was from the front, not side, that sounds like a minor accident with cosmetic damage only.

Ask them if you can inspect it on a lift so you can look underneath for any thing that looks like poor repairs.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:59 AM
5 Year Member
I try my best not to buy from a dealer; ever. Since they are in the (big) business of "flipping" used cars right now, I have no appetite to stomach a $4,000 mark-up. If you think this car is too good to be true given that a dealer is selling it, I'd walk away. Dealers are not to be trusted. Moreover, I put my trust in buying from one-owner car owners who I can look in the eye and ask a million questions. They know everything about their car; dealers know nothing about some stranger's car sitting on their lot. Should you still decide to pursue this car, I would demand to see the photos from the accident. I would then take the photos to your trusted local mechanic and have them do a once over. Having the photos will allow a mechanic to focus on specific areas when looking for frame damage. If they have no clue what the accident looked like, it is possible they will miss something as they spend an hour looking over the whole car for many other things other than accident damage.

Old 06-17-2013, 09:45 AM
5 Year Member
How much was the insurance claim? If it was less than 2k it is probably just a bumper replacement. With a 2011, you do have some factory warranty remaining. I'd take it for a drive and see if you can get the car checked at Honda for a hundred bucks or so.

Looks like a sweet deal to me!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:38 PM
5 Year Member
Maybe it's just the picture, but it looks like the rear bumper was repainted as well? But if it was just minor damage to front/rear bumpers, that's a pretty good price. I'd still get a 3rd party check it out, though.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:56 PM
I think it justs the way the light is hitting it from the tent, but I'll be sure to check it out, the other fit I'm looking at is a 2011 for 56k miles, for 13,500, I'm a big fan of this dealership, their salesman don't make commission, and they are one of the few places true to the stick prices, if I show up with 11999 dollars, I get the car, no more, but also, no less.

Old 06-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by MTLian
How much was the insurance claim? If it was less than 2k it is probably just a bumper replacement. With a 2011, you do have some factory warranty remaining. I'd take it for a drive and see if you can get the car checked at Honda for a hundred bucks or so.

Looks like a sweet deal to me!
Is there a way to find this out through carfax?

Heres the one for the fit

CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2011 HONDA FIT SPORT

Old 06-17-2013, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
I would check out the repairs that were done. The price is about $5500 below the price of a new one. If you want a M/T, it looks like a good deal.
When I bought my 2013 M/T Base fit in PMM color, there were only 4 of them in the state.

Old 06-17-2013, 08:50 PM
MT or AT doesn't matter to me in the slightest.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:12 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Phyrric
Is there a way to find this out through carfax?

Heres the one for the fit

CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 2011 HONDA FIT SPORT
Hmmm, in Canada we have Carproof. It is much more thorough than the report you show. It shows the insurance estimate and payout. For example, someone tried to sell me a GE for 10k, checked the report and it had been in a crash with an estimate of 16k in damage. Payout was 0 since it was declared a total loss. Wouldn't wanna pay 10 grand for that!

I'm real skeptical of the purchase at an auction. Someone bought it then it was put up for auction again 200 miles later. Perhaps the dealer has people that look for bargain cars at auctions? I don't know the law in the US but in Canada it is illegal to sell a car with a known problem if its not declared. If you bought a car then the tranny exploded 4 months later, you could sue. If you trust the dealership and find out about the damage, I'd say go for it. You can even flat out ask them why the price is lower than expected and ask if there have been known issues with the car. If they truly are trustworthy, they'll tell you what's up rather than sell you a lemon and lose a customer for life. Also, the car had lean on it. Perhaps it was repossessed?

Old 06-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by MTLian
Hmmm, in Canada we have Carproof. It is much more thorough than the report you show. It shows the insurance estimate and payout. For example, someone tried to sell me a GE for 10k, checked the report and it had been in a crash with an estimate of 16k in damage. Payout was 0 since it was declared a total loss. Wouldn't wanna pay 10 grand for that!

I'm real skeptical of the purchase at an auction. Someone bought it then it was put up for auction again 200 miles later. Perhaps the dealer has people that look for bargain cars at auctions? I don't know the law in the US but in Canada it is illegal to sell a car with a known problem if its not declared. If you bought a car then the tranny exploded 4 months later, you could sue. If you trust the dealership and find out about the damage, I'd say go for it. You can even flat out ask them why the price is lower than expected and ask if there have been known issues with the car. If they truly are trustworthy, they'll tell you what's up rather than sell you a lemon and lose a customer for life. Also, the car had lean on it. Perhaps it was repossessed?

They have probably over 200+ cars combined with both their lots, and almost every one is the 3-4k cheaper, I wasn't worried about the price, just wanted to compare.

Old 06-18-2013, 09:40 AM
I like the taking a look underneath for to check out the repairs idea.