General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit in Sirius Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Fit in Sirius Blue?

I was at the dealership dropping of my Fit for the repainting of bumpers and waiting for a rental car when I decided to check out the Honda Accessories display. I noticed under the Fit catagory that the example shown was a Fit in Sirius Blue Mist or Metallic or something. I have never seen a Fit in this color and thought it looked pretty good with the HFP smoke wheels shown as option and I bet even better with carbon fiber components now that I think about it. Does anyone have this color? I bet it is a european option cause it looks like it would sell better there in that color.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:13 AM
Four Wheels Enthusiast
5 Year Member
Never seen/hear of em..

Old 08-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Retired Moderator
Hmmm I think you are referring to Lunar Mist...it is kinda like a really light blue...

Old 08-15-2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah it does sound like the Lunar mist brochure car, i'll checkthem when i go to work, and i'll look into both colors.

Old 08-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Nevermind i founda brochure and the FIT color chart, Sirius blue is not on either of them, but if you look at the brochure the lunar mist car does look different then the one on the color chart, but it also looks like it's lowered also, lol.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Tomh
Nevermind i founda brochure and the FIT color chart, Sirius blue is not on either of them, but if you look at the brochure the lunar mist car does look different then the one on the color chart, but it also looks like it's lowered also, lol.
No I swear it, it was a light greenish blue kinda like the old 92-95 4door colors that i refered to as mint. It was at the dealership in the spiral bound catalog of all the accessories, not the brochure. I definitly remember reading sirius as part of the color I just dont remember the rest of it. The more rare this color seems to be, the more I am intrested to know more about it.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:34 AM
I saw a Fit in "lunar mist" just a few days before mine was delivered and it was OK looking, but not my speed. I like the BOM finish, but I REALLY like the orange that they used on the Element.

Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I found this pic of the honda in sirius blue

https://www.fitfreak.net/html_conten...ranslation.htm

This mentions it as a new color along with the ones that seem common

http://www.hondanews.com/catid2150?m...54139&mime=asc

Old 08-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
they mustve changed the name. There is no sirius blue available in the US. It is the Lunar mist.

Old 08-15-2006, 09:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JDMchris.com
they mustve changed the name. There is no sirius blue available in the US. It is the Lunar mist.
I often wonder if people replying these days even take the time to read the posts before their's?

Click on the link to the Honda Media Newsroom, that jits14 provided.

Seven exterior colors will be offered for the Fit, including two exclusive colors available only on the 2007 Fit. The first new color, Sirius Blue, will only be available on Fit, while a new, vibrant Blaze Orange will be a Sport model exclusive. Additionally, Taffeta White, Silver Storm Metallic, Nighthawk Black Pearl, Milano Red and Vivid Blue Pearl will also be offered.

Old 08-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by subtle
I often wonder if people replying these days even take the time to read the posts before their's?

Seven exterior colors will be offered for the Fit, including two exclusive colors available only on the 2007 Fit. The first new color, Sirius Blue, will only be available on Fit, while a new, vibrant Blaze Orange will be a Sport model exclusive. Additionally, Taffeta White, Silver Storm Metallic, Nighthawk Black Pearl, Milano Red and Vivid Blue Pearl will also be offered.
Just found it on another thread of
FIT -- What Colors Should It Come In...??? ( 1 2)
Jesus

and there is a link to the Honda Jazz and the the Sirius Blue color is there. I think it is only a Jazz color option but for some reason is shown as the example color in the US Accessories catalog in the dealerships....wierd

Old 08-16-2006, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by jits14
No I swear it, it was a light greenish blue kinda like the old 92-95 4door colors that i refered to as mint. It was at the dealership in the spiral bound catalog of all the accessories, not the brochure. I definitly remember reading sirius as part of the color I just dont remember the rest of it. The more rare this color seems to be, the more I am intrested to know more about it.
I understand what your saying, and that's again cause i work for a dealer in parts, and i deal with that book alot, however it's not apart of the FIT color chart for the U.S.

Old 08-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Retired Moderator
Sirius Blue specification sounds exactly like Lunar Mist...it is only available on the base Fit's and not available on the sport model. The sport model gets BOM instead of LM. Also the first link with the pictures of the colour look like Lunar Mist as well. I think different angles and different lighting situations provide different shades of LM and is confusing the crap out of everyone...that and Honda is screwing with your head by calling it a different name...best way to check is to get the colour code and compare the two

Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 AM
i saw a very light "powder blue" for the first time at my dealer yesterday. not me-- but very pretty. has the mattalic stuff. looks great. it was sitting next to the white.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member

I often wonder if people do their homework before posting:

Honda Lunar Mist = B-528M

http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/makepaint2.cgi

Honda Sirius Blue = B-528M

http://www.honda-irkutsk.ru/jazz/jazz_color.htm

PPG lists B-528M as Sirius Blue also.

Here is the car in the dealer folder BTW:

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/hon...s/exterior.htm

I am sure a few will still argue this tho.

I own a "Lunar Mist" FIT, one of two I have seen.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:47 PM
5 Year Member
There you go! Thank you for the clarification, using the paint color codes. I don't think it gets any more absolute than that.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DewaltDakota
There you go! Thank you for the clarification, using the paint color codes. I don't think it gets any more absolute than that.
I am sure a few of the "Napoleon Dynamites" here will still debate it tho.

Honestly, I am surprised that the moderators do not screen this stuff.

Old 08-17-2006, 10:42 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member

I often wonder if people look at the release dates of statements..... if you look a couple threads up you will see that the name for this color in the US is LUNAR MIST...