General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Just got my FIT

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 11:40 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Just got my FIT

Weeks of research and discussion with my better half have finally led me to the FIT.

Had one hell of a time at the dealer but finally got into a black 13 sport MT.

Located in Prescott, AZ and looking forward to a future with this vehicle.

It has been great so far and I'm sure will get better as soon as I stop freaking out
about driving a new car (never have had a new car before).

Hello to everyone!

Old 01-30-2013, 12:47 AM
Congrats! Let's see some pics of the new whip.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
My first picture from the night I brought her home.

Not much since it's from the cellphone.

Better pictures to come once I get the time and dig my camera out of the closet.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Love to see another black Fit!

Old 01-30-2013, 10:03 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on your purchase. Always owned black cars the Fit is my first red. I still like the look of the black.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM
Welcome, and your first mod IMO, replace the horn.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:58 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by mkane
Welcome, and your first mod IMO, replace the horn.
You don't like the little "meeep" noise it makes?

I didn't even know they made after market horns other than those annoying super-loud train ones. I'll have to look into it. Got any recommendations?

The first thing I'm waiting for is for the rest of my trim to be installed.
The dealer didn't have everything in so I have to return Thurs to get them installed.

Then onto.. short shifter? Enkei lightweight wheels? Sway bars?

The world is my oyster.

I'm looking to lightly mod now while everything is still so new and warrantied.

I figure by the time Hondata comes around and maybe when someone comes
out with a better exhaust manifold and turbo kit I'll be ready to do more daring things.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:59 PM
5 Year Member
The single most important mod is the gutter guard for your lower grill mod. I used the black plastic gutter guard from home depo and it is barely noticeable since it is inside the grill. Some people like to install metal or billet grills for style but I don't like the look. Since you live in AZ, there a probably plenty of rocks and debris that could fly up into your lower grill and break your ac condenser. For 6$ worth of zip ties and gutter guard, you'll have piece of mind.

If you have the Manual tranny, I like the zeta centre console. Also, one addition that I REALLY enjoy is the Elemmat. It's about 140$ shipped so its not cheap but the rear cargo tray is about 70$ and I got the Elemmat to replace it. It's a precision cut hard rubber mat that is in two pieces and that will cover your grade school art project felt Honda calls upholstery. I'm a musician and I often slide heavy amps, guitars, stands, stuff with jagged metal edges that would simply tear through my upholstery and it just slides in. I leave the cargo tray piece on permanently and I unfold the other piece when I use my car in utility mode. For me it was worth every penny. I believe there is a 10% discount code (fit10); search this forum to make sure.

Red JDM badges look great if that's your thing. Also, you can swap out all your inside lights for LEDs. I'm still holding out on that mod but will be attempting it shortly because I find the cabin lacks appropriate lighting.

I also painted my calipers and drums red! Some people have them nickel plated; you could opt for black if you want something more subtle.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:01 PM
5 Year Member
I believe people swap the Honda fit horn with an Acura horn. I think they're about the same size and you should be able to find a used Acura horn fairly easily.

Since you live in Arizona, you must know the importance of tint. Get all those rear windows tinted! It looks fantastic and will keep you from feeling like a plant in a greenhouse!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Congrads on your new Fit and welcome to the forum.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 PM
5 Year Member
This is exactly why I joined FF. There is a ton of good information here.

I found this site because every time I had a question for the internet I landed here.

I will look into the gutter guard immediately.

The Accord horn is high on my list as well.. I'm assuming it has a lower tone to it?

LED swaps sound awesome. It's less load on the alternator (though not much) and
I'm all about LEDs anyway. Just converted my house to them.

The Honda dealer here tints all windows by default (the rear more than the others). I guess once one dealer started they all had to tint just to be competitive.

I will have to look into the Elemat. My Honda came with a rear all weather mat because they left it in by accident in Phoenix. At least it's something but it doesn't fit well.

As for color I really want to add tiny highlights but am not the biggest fan of red.
If they have other color badges instead of red I would like to do that. I'm a fan of blue or white. If I got a color badge I would paint the calipers to match. I really like the black Enkei lightweight wheels and I think just that hint of color really makes the car stand out from the rest.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Horn, Fiamm El Grandes

Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by quadcricket
This is exactly why I joined FF. There is a ton of good information here.

I found this site because every time I had a question for the internet I landed here.

I will look into the gutter guard immediately.

The Accord horn is high on my list as well.. I'm assuming it has a lower tone to it?

LED swaps sound awesome. It's less load on the alternator (though not much) and
I'm all about LEDs anyway. Just converted my house to them.

The Honda dealer here tints all windows by default (the rear more than the others). I guess once one dealer started they all had to tint just to be competitive.

I will have to look into the Elemat. My Honda came with a rear all weather mat because they left it in by accident in Phoenix. At least it's something but it doesn't fit well.

As for color I really want to add tiny highlights but am not the biggest fan of red.
If they have other color badges instead of red I would like to do that. I'm a fan of blue or white. If I got a color badge I would paint the calipers to match. I really like the black Enkei lightweight wheels and I think just that hint of color really makes the car stand out from the rest.
The Elemmat is lazer cut and fits the contours of the car perfectly. The only downside is that the rolled up 1/2 of the mat takes a little space out of the already smallish trunk (maybe 15%) but that was no big issue for me because I either travel light or with the need for lowering my rear seats. I actually put my rear seats up a lot and use my fit that way, so I can put cargo on my rear floor and car easily convert my rear seats for passengers, when needed.

Also, if you had to carry dirty stuff, you could easily remove the Elemmat and hose it down in your driveway. I believe they sell sheets of the material used for the Elemmat at Home Depot if you wanna DiY but I wanted the convenience of a precision cut system and didn't mind shelling out a few $ for the convenience.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 PM
5 Year Member
Honda Fit Full Area Cargo Mat -

Very nice indeed... will probably get it because of our Border Collie and the things he likes to roll in.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by quadcricket
Honda Fit Full Area Cargo Mat -

Very nice indeed... will probably get it because of our Border Collie and the things he likes to roll in.

I use a fitted bed sheet to protect the back of my Fit. Takes no space at all when not needed. Works wonders with my two dogs.

Name:  DSCF0027.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  179.4 KB

Name:  DSCF0026.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  226.5 KB

Then on top I put a blanket. When it gets mucky I throw the sheet and blanket in the wash.

Name:  DSCF0032.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  238.5 KB

Last edited by Dwalbert320; 01-30-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 PM
5 Year Member
@Dwalbert320

Not a bad setup. I've noticed in pictures here there seem to be quite a few dog owners.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:51 PM
I wonder if the horn from an old Saturn would work. It was so small, it needed something loud.

Old 02-17-2013, 04:49 AM
Hi there. Check the thread in my sig, it has lots of pictures and a metric crap ton of info on some basic upgrades. You might find it useful or interesting.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
Welcome!

I too have a black Fit

Be sure to do the front grille protection, avoid a $700 condenser repair! This is an excellent thread on how to do it with options. I went for the very inexpensive gutter guard mesh with a bit of black spray paint for just a few dollars and it looks great (click here)

Also be sure to vote on the age poll here (click)

All the best

Old 02-17-2013, 11:21 AM
5 Year Member
Looking good congrats.

Quick Reply: Just got my FIT