General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Likely been asked before

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Likely been asked before

I am in the process of deciding between a 2013 Fit Sport, a Yaris or a Ford Fiesta for a replacement vehicle that will be used primarily for around town and infrequent freeway usage.

I did even consider a Prius but don't want to spend that much and don't like the comments I've been seeing about the "C" model.

What made you decide on your Fit? vs. other comparable models? I'm going to be buying in the next couple of weeks so my research starts today.

Thank you in advance.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:56 PM
The fit has more space for everything and its very fun to drive.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Space, factory options, looks, community, and the rear seats fold flat. Also the Price. Only thing I dislike about the fit is the fabric used.

Ford Fiesta:
2013 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback Walk around presentation - YouTube
Large hump when folding the seats back. The Ford Focus rear seats is just as worse, but instead, it dips down.

Toyota Yaris: New Toyota Yaris 2013 - YouTube
No humps or dips, it's nice and flat like when you fold the Fit's rear seat. However, there's an incline.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:34 PM
The efficient use of the space—the magic seats are great in that way; you can fit all sorts of stuff with them folded, and fit four normal-sized adults fairly comfortably with them raised. It really seems to be part Tardis—it's bigger on the inside than the outside.

The fact that the base came with cruise control. Cruise was one of the few creature comforts that I really wanted, and it seemed most of the competitors forced you to step up to a higher trim level to get it (and then they cost more than the base Fit).

There's lots that I like about my Fit, but those were the main considerations when I was car shopping. It seemed like the most suitable car for my use and needs.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:48 PM
5 Year Member
What is your criteria in a car such as manual or automatic, gas mileage, hatchback, fun to drive, etc?

Myself I look at all different cars, Focus ST, VW GTI, Mazda3, Mazda CX-5 VW TDI Sportwagen, Prius C, regular Focus, etc. All had plus and minus either premium fuel, low mpg, looks, but nothing excited me. My main goal was good gas mileage, fun to drive, hatchback or wagon, manual transmission, and reliability.

I always wanted a Fit GD so I test drove a 2012 Fit Sport since it seem to meet my criteria and for the price I felt I could not go wrong.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:01 PM
5 Year Member
I have a Fit and my buddy has the Fiesta and we both agree that I can fit more hookers.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:02 PM
5 Year Member
I was looking for a fun to drive, reasonably fuel efficient commuter that can fit four people comfortably when needed or fit a bunch of stuff. The Fit fit the bill with more storage space than the yaris or focus (both nice cars as well btw! Both a bit more refined than the Fit, but I like a more raw driving experience, so another plus for the fit in my book). Also, the Fit was one of the few cars I didn't feel cramped or enclosed in. A lot of modern cars lack visibility and feel like a cocoon, the Fit did not.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:21 PM
Thank you to all. All good input and advice (well except for the extra room for hookers )

I think I'm pretty much sold on the Fit for many of the reasons mentioned as well as even though I'm older I'm not dead yet when it comes to having fun driving.

Now to see the plum color in person. That or red.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveInWoodland
I am in the process of deciding between a 2013 Fit Sport, a Yaris or a Ford Fiesta for a replacement vehicle that will be used primarily for around town and infrequent freeway usage.

I did even consider a Prius but don't want to spend that much and don't like the comments I've been seeing about the "C" model.

What made you decide on your Fit? vs. other comparable models? I'm going to be buying in the next couple of weeks so my research starts today.

Thank you in advance.
check out my blog. it's only a few pages. but it's all in there.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 AM
If the hookers are skinny enough they can be folded and put in the hatch.

The ability to fold UP the back seats and put stuff directly on the floor has made a big difference to me- carrying large speakers is one reason I bought it. But more recently my parents have moved and you can put a lot of stuff on the floor in the back and pile it pretty high.

That and when I looked at the Yaris it looked pretty crummy. The Fit just feels like a real car, not the cheapest little car on the rental lot.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:57 AM
Pretty much what everyone else said, plus the Fit is very ergonomically correct meaning the seating position, steering wheel position, all the controls and anything I'm not thinking of seem to be perfectly placed to keep you nice and comfortable. And it definitely feels like you're driving a much larger car or SUV. Whenever I get in other small cars now, they feel more cramped than the Fit with worse visibility. The Fit is certainly worth every penny so I would strongly consider it if I was you.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:40 PM
It's a Honda.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Kirkuleez
Pretty much what everyone else said, plus the Fit is very ergonomically correct meaning the seating position, steering wheel position, all the controls and anything I'm not thinking of seem to be perfectly placed to keep you nice and comfortable.
I completely agree with this.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:47 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DaveInWoodland
I think I'm pretty much sold on the Fit for many of the reasons mentioned as well as even though I'm older I'm not dead yet when it comes to having fun driving.
Now to see the plum color in person. That or red.
Sounds like we've converted you! And I think you have hit on why you would want it. When I read your initial post I assumed you wanted this just as a town car and wanted something comfy for zipping to the strip mall for groceries and back. Sounds like you are willing to give up a tiny bit of comfort and $$ for some hauling and sporting ability. Good choice, that's why we like them.

However, I'm going to just present the other side for you too. The Yaris, I have only driven the previous model, but it seemed to be a quality product. It is exactly what it says, a very basic car, and it does well at that at a great price. Not good on highway, and the newest version, I find the seats horrible .. but maybe they would work for the people who whine about the Fit seats

The Fiesta is a bit more upmarket. Comes with more features than the Honda, and is more comfortable. Will depreciate faster, but be cheaper to buy.

Also based on the Fiesta, but MORE cheap with less features and MORE fun, is the Mazda2.

Of course I like the Fit. I wish I had the purple!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:59 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fujisawa
However, I'm going to just present the other side for you too. The Yaris, I have only driven the previous model, but it seemed to be a quality product.

The Fiesta is a bit more upmarket. Comes with more features than the Honda, and is more comfortable. Will depreciate faster, but be cheaper to buy.

Also based on the Fiesta, but MORE cheap with less features and MORE fun, is the Mazda2.

Of course I like the Fit. I wish I had the purple!
fujisawa, nothing against you, but....

meh, ive had the unfortunate headache of getting a few yaris (sedan and hatch) from a rental company when i was out on business. i could not believe they were from the same company that makes the Lexus. yaris is literally garbage to me. it reminded me why i hate toyota's in general.

fiesta upscale... right. hahaha. that's pretty funny.

and maz2 was dated from the day it hit the showroom. thing is even discountined for 2013, cause they could not get the sale. well yah, what do you expect for a product like that. hope they make a comeback with a better interior. their new mazda face looks pretty promising though. they finally got rid of the ugly grin.

The FitSport MT is still king in this price segment.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:02 PM
5 Year Member
I like the Prius C.

If I were buying one of those cars today, the C would likely get my money.

Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
Fun-to-drive factor, versatile back seat/cargo area configuration - I don't think the Yaris or Fiesta can come close.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
the fiesta is sort of fun to drive, but yah when you put into consideration the magic seat and cargo space the Fit has a lot more to offer. The Fit shines once you put the swift springs in.

that center stack on the fiesta, at least to me, is ugly too. it offers more convenience but i rather have the Fit and just go aftermarket headunit if i must have those other features they include.

another car amoung others i considered was the sonic (the one with turbo and 6MT). barely any cargo space with rear seats upright... and i need to have the rear seats upright most of the time as my kids ride along with me.