General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Un-armed Fit owner killed by NYPD

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 02:03 PM
5 Year Member
afaik, no death penalty in NY state.

With the numerous other police incidents in the past few weeks (a few more killings, and a beating caught on tape (in a Jewish community center) where the cop thought he was Tyson and squared up against another unarmed man), this hasn't been in the news as much. Last I heard it's going to the grand jury which means NYPD won't be alowed to do the initial interviews, etc... which is a good thing since they won't tamper with the statements/evidence, etc.

Bad thing is they do show the news clip where they carried the poor kid on the stretcher with his lifeless arms falling... sad for the family to see. (you can also see his 2012 Fit in the news clips)... sad scene indeed.

Old 10-24-2012, 10:48 PM
5 Year Member
I can't count the times I've been pulled over for driving too fast on cars and motorcycles.. I've even had cops that were trying to catch me but couldn't yell at me to slow the hell down... I even spent a night in jail once but I've never had a cop pull a gun on me.

Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I grew up in Philly, always harassed by cops (i was actually a good kid) because i hung around with black kids (i'm white)....moved to Scranton, PA (Dunder Mifflin!) when i was probably 14 and would drive out to NYC all the time with my parents. I got to know the area quite well and i also got to know the cops quite well. I saw how abusive cops could be and it's because they hide behind that badge.
I'm 27 now, Army vet (Iraq in 2006, Afghanistan 2007/8), medically retired as an E5 (Sergeant) and get respect everywhere i go...except from city cops. They think because they have to endure crime every day that they're better than soldiers for some reason. What kills me is that my buddy is an ex-cop, joined the Army at 28 years old and tells me the same thing, he gets treated WORSE from cops because he joined the military.
I hate cops, always have and always will...

Name:  ftp2.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  62.9 KB