General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

You know you love Honda Fits when......

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 10:41 PM
5 Year Member
When you drive through the Honda dealer's lot and your two year old Fit looks better than the new ones.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rampo
When you drive through the Honda dealer's lot and your two year old Fit looks better than the new ones.
Hahaha THIS!

My contribution:
- When you're having too much fun driving the wheels off the Fit to care about the gutless engine.
- When you're constantly trying to show just how much you can haul into the Fit.
- When you feel a pang of regret when you pass or encounter a badly riced-out Fit.
- When suspension mods, lightweight wheels and weight reduction matter more to you than outright power.

Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Rampo

Old 11-12-2012, 12:37 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
when you have put in close to $8000 and counting just for aftermarket parts???
I'm over $10,000 and need a few thousand more.. Money doesn't go nearly as far as it did in 2006 when I got my Fit but there is more stuff for it both new and used now and some places have new stuff pretty cheap.. There are new WeaponR race headers for GD3s on Amazon.com for $327 and the new Hondata Flash Pro is now out for them on a group buy and I need to calm down before I start needing to unload some guitars and guns to buy more go fast goodies.. I am going as far as I can without needing to beef up the engine internals, so there really isn't much more I can do... As the salesman at the dealership told me after I gasped at the prices of aftermarket part he showed me online "If you want to play you've gotta pay".

Old 11-12-2012, 12:58 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
wow, that's a lot of money you put in there! i think mine is like $3K tops. 2 new wheel sets (summer & winter), swifts, tanabe muffler, and misc interior bits. im happy with the car. everything is already paid for too.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
There are new WeaponR race headers for GD3s on Amazon.com for $327
I really should not ask.... but now i NEED you to send me a link to this!!!!!!!!

"If you want to play you've gotta pay".
When it comes to go fast, and ANY type of racing, this and "Fast, Good, or Cheap. Pick two." Have always been the truth

Old 11-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
I'm over $10,000 and need a few thousand more.. Money doesn't go nearly as far as it did in 2006 when I got my Fit but there is more stuff for it both new and used now and some places have new stuff pretty cheap.. There are new WeaponR race headers for GD3s on Amazon.com for $327 and the new Hondata Flash Pro is now out for them on a group buy and I need to calm down before I start needing to unload some guitars and guns to buy more go fast goodies.. I am going as far as I can without needing to beef up the engine internals, so there really isn't much more I can do... As the salesman at the dealership told me after I gasped at the prices of aftermarket part he showed me online "If you want to play you've gotta pay".
aw, I remember when I only had $10,000 Into aftermarket parts into my Fit

Old 11-12-2012, 01:22 PM
5 Year Member
Damn, I don't even have 10k in my race car yet. After the cage is done next year I should be just over the mark.

10K plus purchase of the vehicle into a 87-93 Fox Rustang can go deep 9s lol

That's definitely love right there... including my first turbo kit.. I'll probably "only" have around 7k into the Fit when all is said and done lol

Old 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hootie
You know you love Honda Fits when...
... you have yet to whine about paying 40 bucks to fill up for gas.
This. And, when you put all the seats down and haul an [fudge] ton equipment/luggage/gear/bikes/whatever.

Straight clown car effect and bottomless pits with the Fit.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Damn, I don't even have 10k in my race car yet. After the cage is done next year I should be just over the mark.

10K plus purchase of the vehicle into a 87-93 Fox Rustang can go deep 9s lol

That's definitely love right there... including my first turbo kit.. I'll probably "only" have around 7k into the Fit when all is said and done lol
I have a lot of stuff I purchased new and some I will need to sell.. A couple of local guys that are getting real good at engine building and tuning and faster here lately were amazed by it last year.. One was a turbo Eclipse and the other a pretty strong Mustang I was staying with at over 125 going uphill.. I weighed about 210 then and my passenger was about 280 and the other guys were skinny anorexic looking boys that rather tune than eat.. The kid riding with me now has an Eclipse also that he has been throwing money into while driving an old beater pickup.. I showed him some of your post of your car right after he bought his.. The DSM stuff is the best bang for the buck for sure.. I haven't slept in 36 hours or I'd be up to doing some wrenching on my Fit today... The weather is just wonderful ,I'm not in very much pain but my brain is in need of rest.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:02 PM
5 Year Member
I have a lot of stuff I purchased new and some I will need to sell.. A couple of local guys that are getting real good at engine building and tuning and faster here lately were amazed by it last year.. One was a turbo Eclipse and the other a pretty strong Mustang I was staying with at over 125 going uphill.. I weighed about 210 then and my passenger was about 280 and the other guys were skinny anorexic looking boys that rather tune than eat.. The kid riding with me now has an Eclipse also that he has been throwing money into while driving an old beater pickup.. I showed him some of your post of your car right after he bought his.. The DSM stuff is the best bang for the buck for sure.. I haven't slept in 36 hours or I'd be up to doing some wrenching on my Fit today... The weather is just wonderful ,I'm not in very much pain but my brain is in need of rest.
Haha that's awesome, if he ever has a question or anything I'd be happy to help!

If he gets the itch to get a bit wilder, check this out:
http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds...h-parts-53294/
SFI 25.1 Chassis RWD DSM!

Glad you're not in discomfort for the time being try and hit the hay sometime soon though, Dee!

I'm thinking about getting into some radial tire racing with a Capri or a Mustang next.. big single turbo on a medium CID V8 is just screaming my name.

What's the next configuration gonna be for your GD? You can PM me here or on FB if you don't want to let the cat out the bag just yet!

If you get that FlashPro and raise the Rev limiter a bit.. you could probably grab 1-2psi more boost out the top and with a good inter-cooler and some water injection you could stand to pick up a ton of power at say.. 7700rpm!

Wonder where valves would start to float and get acquainted with pistons though...

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 11-12-2012 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator
The only reason I really I'm well past the $10k mark is because I first boosted my fit then I swapped the motor. Also 90% of the stuff I have bought was new parts.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:23 AM
5 Year Member
We all were trying to get the engine performance to improve with by replacing intake and exhaust parts with after market stuff that did very little at the higher end of the power band and caused loss of power on the bottom unless you added resistance to the intake air sensor and kept the fuel mixture at stohemetric 14.7 to 1 ... One guy spent a lot and had every high dollar part being sold on his car... He set up an appointment to get on a dyno and like everyone else I was watching his thread to see how much power he had surely gained... It turned out that he was making less power than a stock Fit.. I found lighter wheels and tires did more than anything to improve acceleration than anything other than installing the KWSC kit... The real old VW Rabbits with carburetors that could be replaced with an aftermarket Weber was much easier to make a lot faster for less than the price of an after market axle back pipe.. Things were a lot cheaper back then and the pre Bush Era dollar was a lot stronger.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
when you already have bolt-on installed, but find a good price on one you like more and buy it.

i think i've had about 3 or four sets of exhaust and intake setups before i got the turbo kit made.

Old 12-25-2012, 12:32 PM
5 Year Member
Oops, thought this was the "You might drive a Fit if..." thread.

Anywho,, you might love your Fit when a car sales person asks if you want to trade your GD for a '12/'13 GE and your response is, "Ok, try to talk me into downgrading."

If you get all gitty inside when you go wide open throttle and hear the little "grunt" the A/Ts make when shifting from either 1st to 2nd or 2nd to 3rd.

When you'd turn down a drive/ride in a Civic Si, S2000, or even occasionally a ride in an Integra Type R just to drive Honda's under-powered go-kart badged as a "Fit".

Side note... You might drive a stock Fit IF from a dig, you break both front tires loose leaving a red light in dry weather... then second guess yourself due to knowing that the car only has 109 BHP.

Last edited by Hootie; 12-25-2012 at 12:41 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:17 PM
5 Year Member
When you are packing it up to drive to Dallas Texas 1,500 miles tonight rather then taking your wife's 2012 Camry XLE.

Old 12-25-2012, 01:26 PM
5 Year Member
Be careful in Dallas traffic especially on 635 on the north side... 90 MPH bumper to bumper driving is common after slowing for a mishap...

Old 12-25-2012, 01:36 PM
5 Year Member
Kind of like I-95 in Connecticut.

Old 12-25-2012, 02:47 PM
5 Year Member
I laugh at the way the 85 MPH limit on a privately owned toll road has gotten so much press... I've been passed by people in old Geo Metros and countless Prius drivers when cruising at 90 MPH between Austin and San Antonio... I hope you all enjoy your trip and have a great Christmas...

Old 12-25-2012, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
You too have a great Christmas My biggest problem is people texting and not using hands free phones not speed.

Last edited by cjecpa; 12-25-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: You know you love Honda Fits when......