General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Bit the bullet and got me a new Fit

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Thumbs up Bit the bullet and got me a new Fit

2013 Honda Fit 5DR HB SPORT AT Red.
I don't pick it up until next week....well they expect Tuesday but likely i won't get around to getting it until perhaps saturday, depends on work.
I'll post some pics up when i get it as i haven't noticed too many pics showing off the nose mask.

For accessories, i got the full nose mask and window visors. Main reason i got the nose mask is because of bugs and road debri makes front ends on new cars look shabby quick, at least it sure did on my previous ones.
I really wanted the magic shelf thing but it was way too expensive for what it is. I also wanted some of those cup holder compartments (whatever their called) only because i know all those cup holders are just going to collect gunk and be hard to clean...but again, too expensive (any alternatives?)

What i plan to do:
get it professionally tinted. I did my last car myself, but its not perfect and i'm kinda a perfectionist.

Install JL Audio HD audio system and rewire all the grounds. I already got some Knuconcepts 4guage OFC and Stinger silver cladded copper RCA's and copper terminals for everything. 100 square feet of fatmat deadner. Got a new HU with a good DAC in it and time alignment..etc. only problem is they do not make a steering wheel controller that works with the Fit and my HU....not sure what to do as i suspect they may never make one

I have some cold cathode lights, figured i'd put them behind the front grille, just enough to cast a low glow and defeatable switch. maybe some in the interior floor board but not too bright to be bothersome and some in the hatch to turn on when i open it up.
I noticed the fit seems to have poor interior lighting in the hatch.

I'd like to darken the front and rear lights to better match the black n red thing...any suggestions?

Other thoughts:
During test drive, i noticed it shifts weird, like a delayed upshift and when it downshifts it seems to hold it, like the tranny is slipping or somehting and i don't like the paddle shifters. I noticed the CRZ hybrid had way better material for the seats, i loved that material, feels tough yet supple.
I didn't like how flimsy the hatch bed is, its just cardboard cover over the spare...can't haul nothing over 40lbs heavy thats for sure. Other than those, i loved it, the main selling point to me is the cargo space and how the seats fold

Old 09-03-2012, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
You could try the Clazzio seat covers https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...honda-fit.html

and a cargo tray as far as the transmission I have a M/T

Old 09-03-2012, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
Congrats on the new Fit.
could you explain what these are? Not sure what you are referring to.

" I also wanted some of those cup holder compartments (whatever their called) only because i know all those cup holders are just going to collect gunk and be hard to clean...but again, too expensive (any alternatives?)"

Old 09-03-2012, 12:13 PM
BTW, My reciever order comes with a dash kit, however its silver and not the dark grey my fit's interior dash is....so is this the correct color i need?

Polished Gray Metal Metallic Clearcoat NH-737M Touch Up Paint for 2012 Honda Fit

I know its intended for the body but not sure if its exactly the same as the interior dash or not...if not, where can i find correct color?

Originally Posted by sooznd
Congrats on the new Fit.
could you explain what these are? Not sure what you are referring to.

" I also wanted some of those cup holder compartments (whatever their called) only because i know all those cup holders are just going to collect gunk and be hard to clean...but again, too expensive (any alternatives?)"
they were an optional extra, just these things that sit in your cup holders. i don't remember what they are called. I really detest open cup holders, they seem to collect lots of dirt and gunk.
But they were like $25 a piece or something, kinda pricey if i wanted to get one for each cup holder

Old 09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NightScreams

I'd like to darken the front and rear lights to better match the black n red thing...any suggestions?

Could try these 09-13 Honda Fit Lighting Protection Kits

Old 09-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by cjecpa
awesome thanks. i'm definitely getting those

Old 09-03-2012, 05:03 PM
5 Year Member
I thought the cargo shelf was too pricy too, so I built one, plywood, edge board and covered with naugahyde with foam attached, made a big difference in sound coming from the rear.
Looked for armrest for passenger, only consoles but I don't need the storage space and I have a hard time reaching the seat belt attachment so I decided to build onto the existing armrest. Even looked for jazz drivers armrest as it would be right for passenger of Fit.
Congrats on your purchase, you should be happy as Fit has improved over the years of production and only minor mods needed. Soundproofing not really needed anymore, I found on good roads it is quiet, bumpy, old roads acceptable. Interior lights can be improved with LED bulbs without too much hassle. Gently pry off covers, you can make a tool with thin plastic and use as pry bar.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:38 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
hey congrats op.

im passing on the cargo cover and getting tint on my new '12 this week. i bought the factory cargo cover for the 09' a few years back and it was getting into the way more than it was functional to my wife so i sold the cover and just got the 09 tint. works hell of a lot better.

and she keeps a black blanket in the car so when she does carry valuables, it is completely not visible through the tint from the outside even with a flashlight at night.

to this day we have not looked back at the cargo cover.

btw, plywood + getting rear ended could mean major neck injury for rear passengers.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I got a 2012 Red Fit Sport AT about three months ago. Everybody loves the Red color. The only thing I have done to it is protected the condenser because I read about it here so much. I also scratched the piece below the bumper and used some Honda touch up paint that worked out well.
My dislike on my Fit is what I feel is excessive road noise. It seems like there is no sound insulation at all. Also the air conditioner is weak.
Good luck on you new Fit.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:19 AM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
different tires and tint will help your situation greatly, david. congrats too.

Old 09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by david223
I The only thing I have done to it is protected the condenser because I read about it here so much.
Protect the condensor? could you clarify on that?

Also, does anyone know exactly what color the dark grey dash is? I'll need to paint the HU dash kit because its a lighter silver and i'm not really sure what to buy. Do i need to primer it first?

Old 09-04-2012, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NightScreams
Protect the condensor? could you clarify on that?
Some/many roads have debris on them that can easily get picked up by passing vehicles. Now imagine you running into the debris at 60+ MPH. The front lower grille is very wide open, so anything you hit at that height will hit the condenser there. Most of the smaller debris only result in bending fins, which you can straighten out on your own with a screwdriver. But a few people have had larger debris hit that required replacing the condenser because it punctured a tube in there.

The protection is adding a wire mesh that would deflect most of the things that are just small enough to pass through. Anything much smaller than the "holes" in the mesh probably won't do much damage.

Last edited by Goobers; 09-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.
Old 09-04-2012, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan

to this day we have not looked back at the cargo cover.

btw, plywood + getting rear ended could mean major neck injury for rear passengers.
3/16 plywood and 1/2x1 edging and using the built in holdfasts Honda put on the shelf lip, with naugahyde and foam cover, it actually would be safer than the plastic tray. beside the head rests for the back seat would be up if I ever have passengers. I could use the tray as a dust bin picking up the plastic bits off the highway.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
I put an engine in the back Of mine. D16y7. Didn't crush the "flimsy" cover for the spare. I do have the cargo tray... It caught all the coolant that leaked out. Lol