General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Just purchased a brand new 2012 Fit last week..

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Just purchased a brand new 2012 Fit last week..

Hello to everyone! About one week ago, our 2002 Nissan Sentra with 212,000 miles on it finally reached the end of its life, and my wife and I replaced it with a brand new silver 2012 Fit Base. So far, I think that the Fit may be the most perfect car ever made. If I were designing cars, I like to think that the Fit is something like what I would come up with. It seems very well made, economical, and practical. I am surprised I haven't seen very many on the road, but perhaps this will change.

This looks like an excellent forum, and I look forward to using it to learn more about our new Fit.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
W. Brookfield, MA?

I am certain you will see more and more Fits now that you've purchased your own. I work on the road and can safely say I see 10-15 per day.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
W. Brookfield, MA?

I am certain you will see more and more Fits now that you've purchased your own. I work on the road and can safely say I see 10-15 per day.
Yes, hogwylde, I am in Massachusetts. I'll keep an eye out and see if I notice more Fits.

Have you found the Fit to be a decent car in the snow of our New England winters?

Old 07-29-2012, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by recumbentrider
Yes, hogwylde, I am in Massachusetts. I'll keep an eye out and see if I notice more Fits.

Have you found the Fit to be a decent car in the snow of our New England winters?
I've had no real issues although I will say that the vehicle is quite low so it seems as though you're out plowing if the snow is deep, so just use caution as to where you go or wait until the plows have passed. I'm sure you could do better with better than stock or winter tires but I am still running my OEM stock tires.

I haven't gotten stuck though.

By they way, I am in Westfield, MA.

Name:  DSCN4507.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  120.9 KB

Old 07-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Originally Posted by recumbentrider
So far, I think that the Fit may be the most perfect car ever made. If I were designing cars, I like to think that the Fit is something like what I would come up with. It seems very well made, economical, and practical. I am surprised I haven't seen very many on the road, but perhaps this will change.
Just picked up my `new' (to me) `08 GD (black sport MT) last week. Likewise very impressed with it. When I first saw the Fit 6 years ago, I didn't much care for it. I thought it an exceedingly Japanese futuristic deal. But over time, the practical virtues of the design started to grow on me. I like small, fuel-efficient cars, and hatchbacks are the best. The layout is tremendously accommodating, and the execution seems top-notch.

Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by hogwylde
I've had no real issues although I will say that the vehicle is quite low so it seems as though you're out plowing if the snow is deep, so just use caution as to where you go or wait until the plows have passed. I'm sure you could do better with better than stock or winter tires but I am still running my OEM stock tires.

I haven't gotten stuck though.

By they way, I am in Westfield, MA.
Thanks for the info, hogwylde; I tend to stick to the more well traveled and well-plowed roads, so I have a feeling that I should be OK this winter in my Fit.

And busfit, congratulations on your Fit. It sound like you and I have a similar mind when it comes to cars.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by Busfit
Just picked up my `new' (to me) `08 GD (black sport MT) last week. Likewise very impressed with it. When I first saw the Fit 6 years ago, I didn't much care for it. I thought it an exceedingly Japanese futuristic deal. But over time, the practical virtues of the design started to grow on me. I like small, fuel-efficient cars, and hatchbacks are the best. The layout is tremendously accommodating, and the execution seems top-notch.

Congrats to everyone and their new fits. As I say anything newer than an 01' is brand new to me.