General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Ever tried to honk/wave at another fit but get bad results?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Ever tried to honk/wave at another fit but get bad results?

So I saw a really nice orange 09+ fit, decals and rims pull into my lane a long while up in my lane, so I speed up to catch up to it (but not tailgate it) because there are hardly any fits with anything on them in the retirement capital of the world so I get close and they go into the left lane. So I speed up a little and I look over and honk twice and wave and they flick me off. They were around my age too. Really felt bad.

Kinda turned me off from doing anything like that again though. Do fit owners not do this? Because when I had a honda element it was a common thing to acknowledge each other.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
I haven't honked/waved at a Honda "tuner car" since 2002 or so I think, nowadays they just downshift and weave through traffic or mean-mug like they just smelled some piss.

I've found the older and more rare the car, the "closer" the community is, and things like waving/honking are appreciated, from what i've personally experienced anyway.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member
Arrow Related older thread

OP, here's some more posts you might enjoy reading... or not!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...it-owners.html

Old 07-12-2012, 07:25 PM
5 Year Member
The punks that started riding Harleys in the early nineties always believed they became some sort of bad ass by wearing a leather vest and do rag... When I owned British sports cars all of the sports car people would wave and a lot of the time pull off the road to have a beer, shoot the shit and head out to burn up a curvy road... Superficial image has won out over substance in automotive taste and the people that drive them.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by Subie
OP, here's some more posts you might enjoy reading... or not!
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/gene...it-owners.html
Thats why I was surprised, these were young guys with a modded car. If it was stock I wouldnt bother unless they initiated.:/

Old 07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
5 Year Member
Sorry to say, but a lot of little punks drive Hondas. Little does he know, his Fit isn't that cool at all. Most people probably think it's an orange minivan with rims on it.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:45 PM
5 Year Member
the Fit is a mainstream commuter car, not an enhusiast car, a lot of people that drive it don't have the same attitude as say people who own a S2000, NSX, GT-R, RX-7, STI etc. people who drive those cars tend to love cars more and not just some commuter that can't be bothered
i frequently get people that give a thumbs rather than honking, maybe try that, honking is taken to be a threat/diss in today's roads

Old 07-12-2012, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by hayden
Sorry to say, but a lot of little punks drive Hondas. Little does he know, his Fit isn't that cool at all. Most people probably think it's an orange minivan with rims on it.
One more reason I'm buying the first super clean low mileage Cadillac with Northstar engine I can get that isn't overpriced...

Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jookybanana
the Fit is a mainstream commuter car, not an enhusiast car, a lot of people that drive it don't have the same attitude as say people who own a S2000, NSX, GT-R, RX-7, STI etc. people who drive those cars tend to love cars more and not just some commuter that can't be bothered
i frequently get people that give a thumbs rather than honking, maybe try that, honking is taken to be a threat/diss in today's roads
Never underestimate what a boosted Fit with a couple of 2 or 3 thousand more in performance modifications can do... The real motor heads where I live are always having me open my hood and trying to talk guys in cars that are recognized as being high performance Japanese cars to see if they can beat me.. A kid wit an SI told a guy he was ready for me but changed his mind when he was told about what I am in the process of doing to it while I have it down this time.. I'll need to go into the engine if I decide to do more but I'm already thinking I might scare myself into having a stroke or heart attack if I do much more than I'm now doing.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
Never underestimate what a boosted Fit with a couple of 2 or 3 thousand more in performance modifications can do... The real motor heads where I live are always having me open my hood and trying to talk guys in cars that are recognized as being high performance Japanese cars to see if they can beat me.. A kid wit an SI told a guy he was ready for me but changed his mind when he was told about what I am in the process of doing to it while I have it down this time.. I'll need to go into the engine if I decide to do more but I'm already thinking I might scare myself into having a stroke or heart attack if I do much more than I'm now doing.
yes, but there are very few people like you with a boosted fit, i'm not saying the fit can't be owned by a car enhusiast, i'm just saying the car was meant for everyday use by common people that don't care, where as a normal person that doesn't care about cars won't buy a S2000, they just wouldn't think its practical car to drive, an enhusiast would overlook that small trunk space and love that well engineered f20c,
and that would be the difference between whether or not someone waving, not waving back at another fellow Fit owner

Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
5 Year Member
Well you only live once T_C, go out with a bang before life as we know it there gets even worse.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:06 PM
5 Year Member
I have owned 1/2 dozen Caddies, my favorite being a 1955 Eldorado Convertible... I have driven a lot of nice German and Japanese luxury cars but the Northstar STI has impressed me the most... I'm starting to lose my mind from over a decade of taking opiates for control of chronic pain and can't recall half of the vocabulary I had or even the last time I had a meal most of the time.. I think I'm about ripe for a big four wheel barge that will get out of its own way at this point in life.... Since my kids live in upscale neighborhoods I need to find a very good looking one that is up to the 250 to 500 mile round trips I'll be making... The Fit is fine when I feel good and the Forester when the weather is bad but there is nothing but like a Cadillac for 24 straight non stop drives... Volvos are close but not close enough at my age. I'm doing 450 miles in the Forester tomorrow and thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Old 07-12-2012, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
Do not see many Fits around here actually got ask today at the carwash what kind of car I was driving. When I see other Fits I usually do not wave. When I drive my Miata will wave some will wave back when I go to the Dragon's Tail in two weeks will be doing a lot of waving approximately 300 Miatas' will be there.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:21 PM
For me it would be the exact opposite. Here in Boston there are TONS of Fits. I would be honking so much the cops would pull me over! One of the first errands I ran in my Fit was to Home Depot, and just in my row in the parking lot were two other Fits, one of which was a Vortex Blue Sport just like mine.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:34 PM
I see a ton of fits on the road where I live. I wave at every single one just about for no reason. I wave at most Hondas that seem like there is an enthusiast behind the wheel. My town is small (35k) so we know most people. I know I wont get a wave back. I'm the only fit even with a set of wheels. When I drive through dallas I see slammed Hondas left and right and everyone just seems to look away or just take off on you. Damn, I'm just trying to say hey I like your shit, good to see another enthusiast on the roads. I do get a lot of looks from other cars though. All the VW kids go nuts when they see another VW rolling around town. Its like they are a family. Just kind of wish it was that way with the honda peeps around here.

Old 07-23-2012, 07:15 PM
if you want community, join a local car club.

They can be a lot of fun, and meet once a month or so for cruising and winding roads. I was a part of one back when I had a sports car.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:21 PM
I usually wave at other Fit's. Normally I don't get a wave back though. Me and a guy one time were playing tag all the way down 20 from Ft worth to Weatherford one time. Unfortunately I didn't have my Fitfreak.net decal back then.

Old 07-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Yea. I'm sort of a poon so I let other people initiate.

Unfortunately the people who wave or thumbs up me arn't in fits.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
I'm to busy flying past everyone to wave and my horn doesn't work, lol

Old 08-10-2012, 08:26 AM
5 Year Member
I was on the highway two days ago when I saw a turquoise blue Fit up ahead so I sped up to wave or whatever, and what did I find? I found a young 20-something y/o woman driving with her hair dyed to match her car! I thought she looked adorable and apparently she could tell because I kept smiling so she gave me one of those girly waves...

Quick Reply: Ever tried to honk/wave at another fit but get bad results?