General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Might change my mind...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 04:15 AM
Might change my mind...

well today i went to the dealer to look at and maybe order a Fit.They didn't have any on the lot to look at so i asked them for a quote for a white sport M/T, and they quoted me for 18200 out the door! i was hoping it would be around 17300-17500, idk now, i just might reconsider about buying a fit. i LOVE the whole car but for 18000 im not too sure anymore unless i can get a better deal. What do you guys think, is 18200 really worth it for the Fit? if you think about it, it's only a slushbox economy car....

btw, i went to Mistlin Honda, in Modesto, CA does anyone know where i can find a better deal somewhere in the central Cali?

Old 07-26-2006, 05:57 AM
Don't do it! Wait it out....Supply will catch up with demand and they will sell them at actual MSRP. I am sure you can find a dealer there somewhere. Just go to the honda website and type in various zipcodes in nearby areas ...You will find a better dealer. One dealer here in Jacksonville wanted 1,000 over MSRP and tried to get me to add the $99 cargo bin for $300...I told them to keep the car and kiss my a$$.. I found mine at another dealer for MSRP nearby. Keep looking!!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:09 AM
No reason to pay that much - go to a different dealer. Before finding my fit, I had written quotes from multiple dealers - NONE asked more than MSRP. I ended up with an Sport AT from 17600 out the door. So unless the California taxes and fees are off the charts, it sounds like this shady dealer is asking above MSRP - no way you should pay that...

Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 AM
5 Year Member
I was about to get the one I wanted - blue sport AT...
Dealer dropped it when I was there (completely cooincidental...)

And it was mine.

They sat me down to do the paperwork and were asking $2000 over sticker.

They said, "All the dealerships are marking them up that much."
The day before I'd been at a different dealership - AT sticker, sign and take it... but it was silver (and I was picky...)
I waited another 3 weeks and got one at sticker + $500 (but they threw in the pro-package... whatever that is... Stuff I didn't care about... but it was blue, and not $2000 for NOTHING)

Wait it out...
Unless you think a few weeks are worth $1000.....

Old 07-26-2006, 05:45 PM
im so so disapointed right now it doesn't seem like i can find a Fit for MSRP around my area. i need a new car within 3 months from now. i will give anyone a fat kiss if they can show me a dealer that is selling it at $400 or less over MSRP in the state of california! Common i want to be an OFFICIAL FITFREAK!!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 06:22 PM
San Leandro Honda will order exactly what you want for MSRP. The guy who i dealt with is Roy Watkins internet/fleet manager. He can take your $500 refundable deposit down over the phone or go down there with a check. In reality he does not charge your creditcard either or cash the check. I originally did that but found a Honda Fit and cancelled it. It will take a month or two unless you happen to choose something that was already ordered and on the way. The guy seems very nice and talked to me like a real person. They will do msrp at and order the car at Anderson Honda in Palo Alto also. Capitol Honda is msrp also with waiting list (not order)

For those not in Bay Area and want msrp:
Ask to talk to fleet manager or Internet sales manager when you call a dealership. Those are the guys who will sell at msrp. They can also have access to look in the computer and tell you what they have coming in and what other local dealers have in stock. Regular sales guys/gals have to sell at a higher cost usually $500-$2000 more. I dont know why but i am sure someone can shed a light on the subject.

Last edited by fitkent; 07-26-2006 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 PM
wow i just called about 13 dealers and San Leandro Honda is the only one that is selling it at MSRP!! the down side to this is wait time is 5 to 7 months. thanks FITKENT, maybe ill go order one from there this weekend. do you think i can get one quicker if i slipped them a couple hundred bucks under the table? haha. does anyone else know where else i can get one for around MSRP in Cali?? any help is appreciated, thanks

Old 07-26-2006, 10:17 PM
5 Year Member
Try Elk Grove Honda... when I was looking for a 2006 Si, these guys were willing to sell at MSRP. Good Luck... you may need to wait for the car you order to come in.

http://www.elkgrovehonda.com/

Old 07-27-2006, 12:31 AM
Give Mel Raptor Honda a call. I called them the other day and they were going to get the VIN # for a white sport auto in a couple of weeks. It'll probably get here in about a month and they're asking for MSRP.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:51 AM
thanks everyone for the replies, i was so disappointed in the california dealers i was about to foget about buying a Fit. now theres still hope for me to get my Fit! thanks again guys!

Old 07-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Just an idea, but have you thought about buying it from another state and having it transported?

I know I bought my sport automatic for $150 UNDER MSRP. If you could find a dealer in a close state and then pay to have it transported, you might be better off.

Old 07-27-2006, 04:29 AM
I believe that is illegal in California. They have a law that you cannot buy a car in another state. Go figure.

Last edited by claymore; 07-27-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:34 AM
5 Year Member
I believe that is illegal in California. They have a law that you cannot buy a car in another state. Go figure.
That can't be true... ???

Last edited by kkim; 07-28-2006 at 05:17 PM.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Originally Posted by quangalang
What do you guys think, is 18200 really worth it for the Fit? if you think about it, it's only a slushbox economy car....
nope not worth it at all. you can get a subaru impreza wagon for that much, which has more cargo room, and light years better performance.

you might try looking at the new VW rabbit. they are flying off dealer lots as fast as they can stock them, fortunately VW is making lots of them so you don't have to worry about insane markups or insane waiting times.

Old 07-27-2006, 06:59 AM
That doesn't sound right. A number of CA S2000 owners bought their cars from dealers in the east. Saving $3000 then paying about $800 for shipping was certainly worth it. I'd look at this again.

JonasM

Originally Posted by Quantumcat

Last edited by claymore; 07-27-2006 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:52 PM
I bought my Fit Sport A/T at MSRP from Carson Honda http://www.carsonhonda.net/
But this one is not a big dealership and they said they only sold about 2 Fit SO FAR. So I doubt you can get one from there shortly.

Actually I got a quote from another Honda dealership Penske in Ontario at MSRP http://www.penskehonda.com/ou/ontario-honda/?make=honda
The waiting time is about 1 month. They sold 8 Fits PER MONTH. I think it's big dealership compare with others. Hopefully you can get one in a month from there. Good luck!!

Old 07-28-2006, 04:40 PM
Was thinking about a Fit too but...

I did a search within 100 miles and all the Fit's that showed up were 18.5 and up. One was actually 20,999!!! I'll just find a used RSX S or s2000 for less...lol.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by NinjaKnight
I did a search within 100 miles and all the Fit's that showed up were 18.5 and up. One was actually 20,999!!! I'll just find a used RSX S or s2000 for less...lol.
What site did you do the search on?

Old 07-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Autotrader, Seattle area. Funny thing is, there's hardly any at the dealers, and there's hardly any on the roads either. I have yet to see one on the road.

Old 07-28-2006, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by NinjaKnight
Autotrader, Seattle area. Funny thing is, there's hardly any at the dealers, and there's hardly any on the roads either. I have yet to see one on the road.
same here. havent seen a single fit on the road in seattle. billions of other econohatches on the road around here, just zero fits.

Quick Reply: Might change my mind...