General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

My Fit Wish List

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 02:13 PM
My Fit Wish List

I love the Fit and, with a few more accessories available, it would become my daily driver for many years. Background: I am 6'-6" tall and 300 lbs. so most cars are not available to me due to issues of driving comfort, etc. My current ride is a 2004 MDX. In the past I have owned a Mazda GLC and Toyota Corolla, so small cars are not a problem in general. The Fit is very comfortable for me to drive, although I haven't spent any extended time behind the wheel. Many of the things I am looking for are available with the Versa, but I found it to be somewhat cramped and confining to the driver, so it's out.

I don't want Honda to change the base options or price - they seem to be well-suited for their audience. I would like to see maybe an "EX" version that incorporates higher-end convenience features than are available today. My wish list of options/features (in no particular order):

* 6 CD in-dash changer, MP3 & CDText-capable, aux input
* Premium stereo - preferrably not by Bose
* Satellite radio
* NAV system
* Climate control
* Bluetooth integration
* Armrest/console (not too big! )
* Lumbar support
* CVT
* Light interior color other than beige - grey maybe?

I know, I know - I've been spoiled by my 5+ years of driving MDXs, but at least I didn't ask for automatic headlights and wipers (but now that you mention them... <grin>).

That's it,
Scott

Last edited by scottjef; 07-25-2006 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
agreed, the Versa has this

I think the Sport stereo is pretty damn nice!

* Satellite radio
Would be a nice option.

* NAV system
YES!

* Climate control
I'll pass on this

* Bluetooth integration
Again, a nice option... Versa offers is (althought you have to take other packages at the same time, eww)

Aftermarket makes me happy

* Lumbar support
Yup! Our '02 Forester even has this.

* CVT
Nice option... maybe diesel one of these days?

Agreed! Medium to light grey hides dirt fairly well... again, our Forester is this color and it's GREAT!

Old 08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by scottjef
I love the Fit and, with a few more accessories available, it would become my daily driver for many years. Background: I am 6'-6" tall and 300 lbs. so most cars are not available to me due to issues of driving comfort, etc. My current ride is a 2004 MDX. In the past I have owned a Mazda GLC and Toyota Corolla, so small cars are not a problem in general. The Fit is very comfortable for me to drive, although I haven't spent any extended time behind the wheel. Many of the things I am looking for are available with the Versa, but I found it to be somewhat cramped and confining to the driver, so it's out.

I don't want Honda to change the base options or price - they seem to be well-suited for their audience. I would like to see maybe an "EX" version that incorporates higher-end convenience features than are available today. My wish list of options/features (in no particular order):

* Satellite radio
* NAV system
* Climate control
* Bluetooth integration
* Lumbar support
* CVT

I know, I know - I've been spoiled by my 5+ years of driving MDXs, but at least I didn't ask for automatic headlights and wipers (but now that you mention them... <grin>).

That's it,
Scott
I was told unofficially that the CVT may not be available in NA since it may not be as reliable as the tranny that is in the FIT. Tranny is one thing; a larger engine (1.8) is another. The Honda Insight package in the FIT for next year is a possibility as well.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:15 PM
5 Year Member
140hp from the civic

front seats from the civic si

Old 08-02-2006, 06:45 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
6 CD changer - MP3. Damn how many songs you got bro? 150 songs on one CD is plenty nough for me. Also, use CD-RW CDs so if you don't like what you got on it, just erase and reburn! But yeah 6 CD changer might be nice..hehe..

The stock speakers sound damn good. I always listen to mine around 25-30 volume depending on a song. The speakers still sound very clean.

Armrest, yeah I sorta wish I had one.

NAV would be really nice!

Old 08-03-2006, 08:59 AM
... and while we are wishing:

Originally Posted by TomiGunz
6 CD changer - MP3. Damn how many songs you got bro? 150 songs on one CD is plenty nough for me. Also, use CD-RW CDs so if you don't like what you got on it, just erase and reburn! But yeah 6 CD changer might be nice..hehe..

The stock speakers sound damn good. I always listen to mine around 25-30 volume depending on a song. The speakers still sound very clean.

Armrest, yeah I sorta wish I had one.

NAV would be really nice!
How about a GPS nav in the dash!
...don't ya know that burning a CD is illegal? Watch out for the Hollywood Music Police

Old 08-03-2006, 09:30 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Yeah it is illegal in a way. But if you backup your own and encode your own MP3's, Fit them all on a single CD. Takes a while to encode but hey, it was well worth the time.

-Tomi