General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Glad I bought the locking lug nuts...

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 09:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by punx45
lol is that a request?

Its pretty easy to find on the google, but basically take a socket you dont mind breaking, in a size that doesn't quite fit over the nut (12 points are easier). Hammer it on, hope it doesn't twist when you wrench on it! That's the easy part though. The hard part is getting the nut out of the socket to use it again If you have a bench vise it't not too bad. I didn't so I rigged up some contraption with an old brake rotor, a plumbing multi-tool wrench, a clamp, and a hammer and screwdriver or something
Why so complicated?

once the lock nut starts to move, don't spin the lock off the bolt. just rock the socket handle around until it pops off. by not spinning the lock off the bolt, you are using the bolt to hold the nut as leverage.

Just don't go crazy, or else you'll bend the bolt itself. It'll probably be best to do it while the nut is still deep on the bolt and just touching the wheel (so it limits the movement and chance of bending the bolt).

Then, hand spin the lock nut out.

OR... while the lock nut is on the bolt and able to move freely in or out... get a mallet and just tap on the socket handle (works if you're using those large cross bars).

Old 04-21-2012, 09:49 AM
5 Year Member
I'm a right brain thinker, I tend to jump to creative yet overcomplicated solutions

Old 04-21-2012, 11:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by punx45
lol is that a request?
No it wasn't a request... Just some sarcasm... It's just like a "How to keep your doors locked" topic then followed up with "How to pick door locks" post...

Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
i'm thankful that i live in a place where Honda's aren't highly sought after. I've lived here for 5 years and have only heard about 1 Acura/Honda being stolen. Now when it comes to wheels beings stolen...yeah there's a lot of that happening but no one goes after OEM wheels unless they're GSR Blades or 99/00 Civic SI wheels.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:03 PM
This Fit with the wheels stolen in Worcester, were they OEM rims? I have been telling myself for a long while that people only steal aftermarket rims, anybody know any different? I can't afford to have my wheels stolen right now, and I leave my car in some sketchy places sometimes.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:06 PM
OEM Honda wheels are really popular among tuners. I know a lot of guys who run 99-00 Civic SI wheels, GSR Integra wheels and even the Fit wheels.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM
5 Year Member
yeah they were probably OEM sports. most brand dealers (at least in this area) dont do aftermarket part upgrades unless they are the brand ones like the mugen stuff. also when i bought mine used it already had locks on it, the honda dealer i got it from in southeast MA had wheels stolen as well.

also when i told my friend i was getting a fit (hes somewhat active on jdm sorts of forums) said "get four sets of locks, the fit wheels are popular"

Old 04-26-2012, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fenixfire077
This Fit with the wheels stolen in Worcester, were they OEM rims? I have been telling myself for a long while that people only steal aftermarket rims, anybody know any different? I can't afford to have my wheels stolen right now, and I leave my car in some sketchy places sometimes.
In my opinion, the OEM wheels are sought after. Maybe because they're relatively 'new'. Back in my neighborhood in Chicago thieves stole the Fit oem wheels, GD & GE. My friends stock Civic wheels got stolen too in the same neighborhood.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:12 PM
i had a set of Drag DR20's stolen a couple years back, i've been running locking lugs ever since.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:23 PM
If you really care about your wheels or just the thought of it getting stolen scares the shit out of you. I think these are one of the best theft-proof lock nuts. I have tried to figure out how to take it out without the key. I doubt it is possible. If you have money, I believe this would be the best set to have. But that is just what I believe.
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: VOLK Racing Formula Lug Nuts - Red

Last edited by pig_pit; 04-26-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by fenixfire077
Here's a related thread you might want to check out:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ls-stolen.html

Old 04-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pig_pit
If you really care about your wheels or just the thought of it getting stolen scares the shit out of you. I think these are one of the best theft-proof lock nuts. I have tried to figure out how to take it out without the key. I doubt it is possible. If you have money, I believe this would be the best set to have. But that is just what I believe.
Evasive Motorsports | PH: 626.336.3400 Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm PST: VOLK Racing Formula Lug Nuts - Red
I thought about getting these before, but I didn't think they'd do much.

I haven't seen them in person but I thought I figured them out through photos. Correct me if I'm wrong - the caps look like they can be removed with a simple allen/hex key, nothing special. And then once those are out, you're left with regular internal drive lug nuts. Not really "anti-theft" in my opinion if that's really how they work.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM
$400 lugnuts on my $400 wheels, haha. I'd look into them if i was going with the VIP/JDM look and had some BBS/Volk/Ray's/etc but i have Motegi's and they're not worth it since my insurance will just cover the stolen wheels.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:03 AM
^Thats one reason why its not worth it.

But think about it. A thief doesn't bring all his tools to steal some wheels.

Old 04-27-2012, 03:09 PM
If you look on Craigslist you'll see a lot of people selling Fit alloy rims, and they're almost never Fit owners... do you think the Civic owner paid $1200 for Fit rims and then changed his mind, or he stole them and got sick of them?

Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pig_pit
Read the fine print... those are aftermarket only locks. They will not fit directly on the OE wheels.

And if you're gonna get aftermarket locks... you can go with something a bit less expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o05_s00_i00

Old 04-27-2012, 03:48 PM
Heres What I think about cheap lock nuts. A thief can simply buy them at autozone. Where expensive lock nuts, the thief wouldn't even bother. Just saying.

Old 04-27-2012, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
thats why you get 4 sets of different cheap locks, and use them with random distributions per wheel

Old 04-27-2012, 04:07 PM
The wheels stolen were OEM. And the dealer I got my fit from said that they had many sets of wheels stolen of their lot one night. Any chance you got your fit at Waymouth Honda punx45?

Old 04-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Lol. So much possibilities

Quick Reply: Glad I bought the locking lug nuts...