General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit wait time.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 07:51 PM
Fit wait time.

We went to our local Honda dealer and put a deposit down on a VBP base fit with an M/T. I called my dealer the other day and he said that its going to take 4-6 weeks before he even knows the arrival date! Is this normal?

Old 07-20-2006, 10:00 PM
Unfortunately this is quite normal. There is a far greater demand than cars.

I recently had my Fit wrecked into by an idiot who doesnt know how to drive and was in the market to replace. It took 1 month for me to find a replacement, but I had to settle on a color I wasn't too excited about.

I wish Honda would do factory orders, but no.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 PM
Put down a deposit on a BOM Sport MT 3 weeks ago and was told unless a miracle happens, it would be 3 to 4 months before one shows up. You just can't find them at any dealerships and if you do, they go quick. And the wait continues.....

Old 07-20-2006, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by doogiefish
Put down a deposit on a BOM Sport MT 3 weeks ago and was told unless a miracle happens, it would be 3 to 4 months before one shows up. You just can't find them at any dealerships and if you do, they go quick. And the wait continues.....
If you're willing to go AT rather than MT, you'll have much better luck - youre set on MT for sure? (I ask because as of a couple days ago I knew of a BOM in PA that was available due to be built in 1 week...

Old 07-21-2006, 06:07 AM
Yea I'm pretty set on the MT. The dealer I've got the deposit with actually told me he could get me a BOM AT that was already in the system, but I'm in no hurry needwise to have one, so I'll wait to get what I truly want instead of settling. Thanks for the info though.

Old 07-21-2006, 07:06 AM
cool - maybe he's talking about the one I knew about? (It was one I had a deposit on until I found another available immediately last week )

Enjoy the anticipation - the car will not dissapoint- had mine almost a week now, and am very happy with it!

Old 07-21-2006, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
I had to wait for a week ( one uno 1) for a manual, cause I haven't set the sticker price deal, and miss my red manual, but instead I got a taffeta manual (2 actually show up) in that week The two were taffeta white and the tow were bought ( mine, and the other one) the same day they arrive. Back today when I go to the dealr for whatever reason. I dare not to look inside the Fits, because dont want to ever see a BOM or red manuals or else I will be very frustrated

Anyway I think I was luky.... just one week!!!!!

Old 07-21-2006, 04:46 PM
We just got TWO BOM's and one MR in at my dealer today. I believe they are all sold though. All A/Ts.

Old 07-21-2006, 06:21 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
Our car should be here any day, and we placed our order exactly two months ago today. Perfectly normal... bleh.

Old 07-22-2006, 02:20 PM
5 Year Member
When the first Fits arrived in Austin I looked at one that was already sold so could not test drive it. The very pleasant salesman told me the car I saw was only the second Fit he had himself seen, yet he had already sold 28. I put down deposit on a base MT on April 19, anticipating delivery in late June-first half July.

In late June I called the salesman for update and learned that my car had a build date of 7/13 and delivery some 3 wks later, so early Aug. A little behind schedule but understandable given Honda's shift of production from the Fit to the (more profitable and just as popular?) Civic. I also learned that orders made in mid June had anticipated delivery of November, so I felt glad to have ordered when I did.

We are having our usual hot TX weather, enhanced by (yes it is happening) climate change, and the AC in my 20 yr old trusty Toyota is gasping its last, so I decided to sniff around at other Central TX dealerships to see if anyone could get me earlier delivery. I found a car just like the one I had ordered, listed online at a Houston dealership. I called and left message but nobody returned the call. I asked my salesman in Austin if he could pull off a dealer trade, but he replied that Fits are so sought after now that even dealer trades were becoming cutthroat deals (I have no reason to doubt this, I trust the guy) so I backed away from that. He also iinformed me that the Fits ordered in early July had delivery date of FEBRUARY. Perhaps this was for the scarce MT models but nevertheless . . .

Now I am 2 wks away from delivery, if the schedule holds and Hurricane Whomever does not capsize the barge as it comes into the Houston ship channel.

The many tales of woe in this forum re: purchasing experience suggest that patience is the best strategy in this "survival of the Fittest" waiting game. Too bad our instant-gratification culture has just about erased our ability to exercise it.

Old 07-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
I know a bunch come into port in Portland. There is a huge car port here, and we have the rivers to support boating them in.

Update on our timeline, it took exactly two months and a day to get our Silver Sport AT. It arrived today! Hope yours gets here soon!

Old 07-24-2006, 04:55 PM
I ordered mine earlier this month and it should arrive in Sept.
I seriously doubt it would take until Feb. to get one in if it's ordered right now!!!!

Old 07-25-2006, 08:20 AM
5 Year Member
Guys!!!!!

If only you lived in Puerto Rico.

Last saturday I pass in my fit by an Honda Dealer and reading this thread I was amused to see fits in all flavors ( I can't tell the tranny cause I only pass by). There were a row of base in all colors, and a row of sports ( 4 or 5 ).
I mean , it is really hard to see all those fits, while you're waiting So Long!!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 03:19 PM
That sounds about right. You're lucky if that's all the wait time you have! I put a deposit down on a BOM Sport May 2nd and I'm STILL waiting. Finding the FIT you want around here is impossible, and the only way you can is to pre-purchase it. I am in the Richmond, Virginia area and my FIT purchase has been a real experience/nightmare.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm in the same boat as you Cindylouwho! I ordered the same with MT but I'm in Hampton Roads and there are a few BOM sport ATs but not a single MT anywhere. I was told 3 months when I ordered mine June 30. Almost a month down, and no word on build date.

Old 07-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow, Doogiefish!! We're practically neighbors!!!
I got the lowdown on my BOM Sport AT from my dealer...build date on it was June 22nd. It arrived in Portland appx. 7/14 and is now on its way here via autohauler ETA 8/1 to 8/4. We shall SEE. I've been told so many tales that I won't believe it until I see it. Didn't have an ulcer until I had to have a FIT!! My brother has had his since 4/29 - he got lucky and bought one outright that somebody else had put a deposit on but found another earlier. He just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Oh...and in my almost 3 months wait my original sales person was fired!! Guess he wasn't selling enough FITS!!!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Just to let you know, there are two BOM sport AT's supposedly available down this way right now! Well, according to Williams Honda in Hampton, however, I seriously didn't like the way I was treated there. I'm still hoping and praying it will make it here sooner, but I have no true need to have it now, just kinda impatient. You sure don't see many around here on the roads for sure, so I was hoping to be 'unique' for a tiny moment in time anyway before they are everywhere. Hope you get yours soon!

Old 07-27-2006, 12:16 AM
i'm in the hunt for a Fit too, funny thing was there was 3 that came in this morning and i was going to pick one up...but 2 customers beat me camping the dealership 1 hour before it opened lol

JC

Old 07-28-2006, 10:55 AM
holy moly.

Im still waiting for mine. I got a feeling it wont be here till september. It stinks because my current car has no AC, and I live in texas. It stinks... =(

Old 07-28-2006, 11:31 AM
5 Year Member
I know you want your cars now! I totally understand that...but this waiting will all be an unpleasant memory as soon as you have your Fit. Keep the faith! The Fit IS worth the wait. I'm totally loving mine. Keep (politely) harassing your dealer. I'm convinced that that's what helped in my situation. They'll be so sick of your enthusiasm that they'll work extra hard to find you a dealer trade or something just to get you off their daily call list. The polite part is the key. Nobody wants to do favours for nasty people.

Good luck all. I feel your pain...been there recently.

Quick Reply: Fit wait time.