General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit wait time.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Sounds pretty much what I've heard, except that requests for specific colors, etc are possible for a highly-ranked dealer. My dealer requested a White Sport MT with beige for me, and they tell me that the order was accepted by the factory, but it's not yet on the allocation list. It's expected to be on the next one in late Sep/early Oct.

Whatever - the waiting game continues....

JonasM

Old 09-20-2006, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
I drove a Blue Sport MT May 6 and again May 13. Put down a deposit May 13 on a Silver Sport MT. Salesman said "...about 60 days..."

Went to the dealer on Sept. 9 (119 days since ordering) and learned that it will be built in November - delivery about a month later.

So maybe, I'll have a FIT by Christmas.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:57 PM
Pretty much the same story for me. I ordered mine (Red Sport M/T) on 5/20 with a $500 deposit.

After contacting the dealership several times since then (and always receiving a very vague reply), they now tell me that Honda has accepted the order and it will be built in November (they don't know day of the month though). They said if I'm lucky, I'll have it by Thanksgiving, but I should have it by Christmas for sure.

Hopefully they'll come thru - I'm just a bit worried now about breaking in a new car in the middle of winter in Minnesota.......

Old 09-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Ordered BOM Sport 5MT on 6/30. Order was accepted by Honda on 9/5. Just found out today that Build Date is 10/4. Hopefully, all will go well.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:12 AM
5 Year Member
Called around and searched on the internet.

Found a HOM Sport AT and put a deposit down on 8/4
Build date 8/24
Delivery date 9/25
Indiana. For my daughter in school.

Thank goodness.
Can't complain.

Totally different story in Hawaii. 3 to 5 Fits per month per dealer. Almost all are Sport AT models. 3 to 6 month wait likely, $500 deposit. $3000+ over MSRP. Argh.

Old 09-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Here's my story:

Test drove a Fit a month or two ago and while it was super pratical I couldn't see giving up my BMW 330ci...

BMW rear ended and totaled

No Fit's to test drive...test drove a couple vehicles and was looking to go with the Versa but they are also hard to get. Figured I could wait a few months and see what happens or order something.

Called a bunch of Honda dealerships this morning looking for another test drive, none avalible, called the last one and they had a Black Auto Sport for $20k HA!

Thought for a minute...called back and offered sticker price. The saleman called me back with the ok. Just signed the papers tonight.

the fit is Go!

Old 10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
ordered in April

April 23: $250 deposit on M/T Sport, red or blue, MSRP. I think this is too long for an entry level car. Maybe one of you guys can take or buy my Midwestern place in line. You'll have a shorter wait time and I'll feel less bitter if some good comes out of my summer of waiting.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 PM
5 Year Member
Fit came in ... just as dealer estimated

to finish my story from my earlier post (9-20-2006) ...
Dealer predicted Fit would be in 9/26 to 9/30 and it arrived 9/29.
I took delivery 9/30. Loving it so far.

I was VERY fortunate I think.
When I first contacted the dealer on 8/30 this Fit was already allocated to the dealer and he "estimated 4-6 weeks" until it would arrive at dealership.
He had 4 Fits on his allocation and only 2 were spoken for at that time.
So I made a deposit that day (8/30).

it was exactly 1 month from that day to delivery.

BTW ... another Fit was expected by dealer same week as mine but it did not arrive. So I was really fortunate.

Hang in there if you can, I think you will be happy with it.
But I understand the frustration of long wait times.

At least my dealer was accurate in his estimate for my Fit.

BTW, I paid MSRP and they would NOT throw in even carpet mats. They said that other dealers are adding $3K to MSRP and adding dealer options forcing customers to pay lots more for this "in-demand" car and that they were not doing that. I was able to negotiate a 20% discount on carpet mats and cargo tray.

Good luck to those still waiting.

Old 10-02-2006, 11:18 PM
My salesman called me today to tell me that the sales manager is calling Honda tomorrow to see where my car is (ordered June 6). The order was accepted by the factory about a month ago, but no word yet on build date. They are as frustrated by this as I am. Well, maybe not quite......

JonasM

Old 10-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I have been watching my NBP soooooo closely for these last few months. It should be arriving at my dealer TODAY!!!!!!!!!! Dealer ETA estimate is 10/02-10/06!!!!!! This morning it was at the main rail hub just 15 mins away from my dealer. Hopefully I will take delivery of it today!!!!!! So many months of waiting and it's finally gonna be here!!! Yay!!!!
Good luck to everyone else waiting!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 09:15 AM
Fit Availible in NJ

Anyone in NJ interested in a Fit, Openroad-Honda has one in the showroom as of 10/02/06 for sale (I think its a red Fit Sport). According to their online inventory search, they should have some more on the lot. They have a football field-size lot full of new Honda's. Good luck!

http://www.openroadhonda.com/en/inde...ew&s=inventory

Old 10-03-2006, 12:06 PM
5 Year Member
man here in Ponce, Puerto Rico, There was 3 fits in the dealer layng there waiting for someone to buy them..... isn't it ironic

Old 10-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally Posted by Packy
I know a bunch come into port in Portland. There is a huge car port here, and we have the rivers to support boating them in.

Update on our timeline, it took exactly two months and a day to get our Silver Sport AT. It arrived today! Hope yours gets here soon!
I just mentioned this in another post...Honda goes through Portland and San Diego. Here is a great read on how the intermodal transportation systems work differently for Toyota, Honda, & others. It is quite a logistical feat to product, ship, and deliver high volumes of cars, or anything for that matter.

http://www.uctc.net/scripts/access.p...utomobiles.pdf

EDIT: Might as chime in on the main subject! I waited 2 weeks because I got lucky...when I called my dealer, he had one unsold that just was off the boat in Portland. It took exactly two weeks to arrive at the dealer, where I promptly drove it around the parking lot, then bought it! Everyone is sharing some great experiences here...I think the main theme is to get a good, trustworthy dealer who gives a straight story. Those who obtained VINs and had confirmations of status are in MUCH better position to actually get one than the dealers who say 'not sure, but probably 4-6 months out'.

Last edited by sonorliteman; 10-03-2006 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by carlosalicea
man here in Ponce, Puerto Rico, There was 3 fits in the dealer layng there waiting for someone to buy them..... isn't it ironic
When I was in PR in July, I saw four Honda Fit's compared to seeing a Toyota Yaris every 2-hours. I was told that the Yaris was released in PR way before the Fit, so the Yaris got a head-start in popularity.

Old 10-03-2006, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by edstroyer
When I was in PR in July, I saw four Honda Fit's compared to seeing a Toyota Yaris every 2-hours. I was told that the Yaris was released in PR way before the Fit, so the Yaris got a head-start in popularity.
The yaris is way cheaper than the fit and there are to many to choose a dealers. The fit is hard to find, but is way easier than in the states, because there is no waiting list. Just see one and buy it....

Old 10-03-2006, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
I heard that you cant really get the Fit Sport MT... is that true?

Old 10-03-2006, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by JT-KGY
I heard that you cant really get the Fit Sport MT... is that true?
Not true, the vehicle is constrained during the ordering process to not more thatn 15% of you order so some dealers cannot order one every month but a larger dealer who gets a larger allocation can still order MT our dealer in Denver orders 15-18 Fits per month 2-3 being manual We have a Silver(mine) Blue(sold) and a white ( 10/2 prod)

Old 10-03-2006, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
I see..
Thank you Steven!

Old 10-05-2006, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
Yesterday, 10/04/06, I took my fit to service, and there were like 4 fits in the dealer (new ones). Then in the afternoon when I came back fir mine, there were 16 Fits, with no name on them, on contrary, they were just sitting there waiting for someone to buy them. They were like 4 or 5 base, the rest sport, all automatic. I mean why are you puting down deposits and waiting so long for a fit, unless you want a 5-speed, wich don't think they'll build. I think that the few who has been able to find 5-speed was just one of the few who were already built. I am one of those lucky!!!!

Old 10-05-2006, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
In my area few MT Fits are seen and literally no base Fits are seen.

The vast bulk are Fit sports with AT.

So if you want to hold out for a base Fit with MT forget it. You'd still pay $3000 over MSRP for your trouble.

Usually I see NO Fits at any dealerships and once I saw one that was already owned in the parking lot. As soon as they come in they get prepped and are out the door. No test drives are allowed.

Your supply will vary with each region. Maybe there could be a dealership that has some in stock but it might be at fairly high prices. I've read on this site about some as high as $25000 or $30000.

Quick Reply: Fit wait time.