General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Fit wait time.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 11:31 PM
I FINALLY see my NBP M/T Sport on the On-Order Detail Inquiry at my work!!!! The best news is that they finally gave us a production date of 09/06/06!!!!!!!!!!
My baby's born on date! Yay!!!! I should get it about two to three wks after that!!!!!! FINALLY! FINALLY!
Wait for them people! They will get to you!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 12:49 AM
Oh man!!! Youre so lucky!

D:

Old 08-10-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by SlowHatchGrL
I FINALLY see my NBP M/T Sport on the On-Order Detail Inquiry at my work!!!! The best news is that they finally gave us a production date of 09/06/06!!!!!!!!!!
My baby's born on date! Yay!!!! I should get it about two to three wks after that!!!!!! FINALLY! FINALLY!
Wait for them people! They will get to you!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I ordered mine around the same time you ordered yours...hopefully I will get a production date soon too! I'm crossing my fingers. I probably call the dealership this weekend and check the status again.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:58 PM
*sigh*

Just called my dealer today. After two months of waiting he said mine would be the next one to be ordered. Were expecting a production date of October.

You guys, I need a hug.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Awww, I'm sorry . It'll be worth the wait though

Old 09-06-2006, 12:48 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
You guys, I need a hug.
*HUGS TIGHT*

It hasnt even been a month for me.
I noticed that people in Texas seem to have a longer wait even for automatics then the rest of us are. Maybe not?

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 09-06-2006 at 12:50 AM.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:02 AM

Thanks guys!

I dunno, but my dealer is only getting 4 fits a month! If I hadnt been reading fitfreak all the time I would have thought my dealer was a real jerk. But i know the situation now, so i cant really blame them. And I guess it doesnt help if I order a VBP base manual. Kind of a rare combo I think. I havent seen any on the forum (except perhaps the guy that got his wheels stolen).

Old 09-06-2006, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
I'm sending you more hugs.

My dealer (Howdy Honda in Austin) said the same thing, just 4 per month.

I saw a VBP base manual in person and it is a beautiful thing, you will so love it when you finally take delivery. I actually sat in one of those back in April--it was the only Fit I saw before ordering mine the same day. I could not drive it as it was already sold. Mine took 4 months from date of ordering to get here, but I ordered early!

On the bright side, it does not look like interest rates will skyrocket in the next few wks/months so if you will be financing the purchase you won't be scalped there.

And maybe some of that road construction will be finished too . . . (TXDOT never finishes anything, they just mess it up so we'll embrace toll roads.)

If you can survive the wait rest assured that the vehicle you get will be RARE and VALUABLE. And don't forget, "the best things in life are worth waiting for." I'll wager this crazy Fit feeding frenzy won't end anytime soon. These are fabulous little cars and everyone who sees one is gonna want one. So even if you are limping around in an old beater with no AC (as I was until my Fit arrived, whew!) and it seems you cannot wait any longer, try not to jump ship. This forum and the Edmunds one illustrate that the Fit community is a bunch of great folks and we sure would hate to lose you.

Hey, we had a really welcome drop in temps today, hope some of this cool reached your part of TX.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:23 AM
Well, I'm down to about less than two more weeks until I get my baby!!!
The production date was 09/06/06!!!! It's on the slow boat from Japan now!!
This car is/was SOOOOOO worth waiting for!
I will cherish it for as long as I own it and will never under-estimate the convienence of having a car. I've been riding my motorcycle since the end of June!!!!!!
It is worth waiting for!
Oh, and btw I don't think they are going to be producing anymore M/Ts this year. My dealer's allocation for the M/Ts on the December MOVE is 0%!!!!!!!!
A/Ts at 85%!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-10-2006, 05:52 AM
Unhappy

AH!!

Dont say that!!! I ordered my fit on the first of july! I havent even gotten a production date! The salesman said it wont be produced until october, and hes just speculating.

If I dont get a production date by October Im pullin out. Ugh.... sad and mad. I feel so emo right now. haha... oh well.

Old 09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
You need to ride the salesman's a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do forget until you are there or calling them all the time. He should be able to tell you a prod. date.
If not I'm sorry and go to another dealer and see what they can get for you.
What dealer are you going through??? I noticed you are in Arlington. Is it Vandergriff??

Old 09-10-2006, 09:25 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
If I dont get a production date by October Im pullin out. Ugh.... sad and mad. I feel so emo right now. haha... oh well.
Its almost a month for me and Im ALREADY giving up hope. All these stories and now theres proof about the 5speeds being almost non existent I think Im going to call it quits.

Sucks because I really want this car. Its weird, I get all depressed thinking that Im going to be wasting 3-6 months of my life for nothing. Then I see a Fit on the road and I WANT IT!

Ive got my eyes on Acura TL/CL Type-S's though. I really like them.

Old 09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
You need to ride the salesman's a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do forget until you are there or calling them all the time. He should be able to tell you a prod. date.
If not I'm sorry and go to another dealer and see what they can get for you.
What dealer are you going through??? I noticed you are in Arlington. Is it Vandergriff??
Yeah, I call the salesman every monday for a status report. Im with Huggins. I went with vandergriff at first, didn't like the way they did business.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:17 AM
What salesman???? That is where I work!!!!!!

Old 09-11-2006, 08:49 AM
What salesman???? That is where I work!!!!!!
WHOA!!!

Myron has been helping me. I dont really think any of it is his fault. Ive been following the forum and I ordered what seems to be a VERY rare Fit (VBP base manual).

Old 09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Two and 1/2 months .... still waiting, but good news

Ordered a BOM Sport 5MT on June 30th. Found out today that the order has been accepted by Honda in Japan for production, but no date as of yet. Dealer also said that he had orders for 8 other MT's that have not been accepted by Honda though, so I feel lucky at the moment. There sure is alot of emo ups and downs with this....

Old 09-12-2006, 06:12 PM
Check the sig guys!

Thanks alot SlowHatchGrl!

Old 09-13-2006, 11:14 AM
5 Year Member
Wow I went to my dealer looking for a Silver Fit Sport MT and I had mine in about a week... Ordered on for my Sis-in-law last week sunday and it will be in next week... Guess it helps to work for the same company that owns the Honda dealer as well....

Old 09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
I just went to my dealer for a update. (Holler Honda) Its only been a month today. I wanted to get an update my order, well if it was at least put through.

I talked to the sales manager and he told me that it wasnt put in yet.
It will be put in within the next few days. Theyre still estimating November.... IDK though?

Theres 8-10 people on the list for Fits. Most want automatics. In the next 30days they will be getting 2 Fits, both auto and they are already called for. Theres a file behind mine for someone wanting the same Fit as me. VBP Sport in 5speed. Hope I get mine before that person.

They had me down as wanting a VBP only. I told them red or white would do. He pulled my file and I had him make a note for me willing to take any color. As long as is 5speed and Sport Im fine. Once its November Im going to be calling and calling.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:56 AM
5 Year Member
Fits allocated to dealership

here is how my dealer (Syracuse, NY) explained it to me.
(your mileage (or story) may vary).

His Honda dealership is allocated a certain number of FITS by Honda based on their prior sales volume of Honda vehicles and projected future committment to Honda. This dealership just rebuilt their showroom and service area and expanded its facilities so the salesman said this shows their committment and Honda rewards them with a higher allocation of FITS.

According to salesman, they can not place an order for a specific model or color or transmission, they are told by Honda what FITS they are getting in their next allocation, but they get more allocations than many other Honda dealerships.

Salesman said they rec'd 4 FITS in past month and all were pre-sold by folks stopping in and placing a deposit. They have NO Fits for test drives and don't ever expect that they will.

I met with salesman 8/30 and he said two Fits were due in on current allocation but both were sold, but when they came in he would call me so I could look at one and sit in it (but not drive it of course as it was already sold). He was true to his word and within 10 days he called and I looked at one.

Also, on 8/30 he said they had another allocation with 4 FITS and 2 were pre-sold, and two were not yet spoken for. So I put a deposit down on one of the other two (Red Sport AT). He said at that time that this is a real allocation and the cars were "due in". He estimated car would arrive end Sept to early October.

1 week later he called to tell me that its status was now "pre-assigned", and it had been built and he gave me the VIN number. He explained that the status will then be changed to "assigned" and then later to "shipped".

9/16 he informed me status was "assigned".
Today 9/19 he informed me status was "shipped" and that Honda informs him that expected delivery date at dealership is 9/25 to 9/30.

Acc. to him, once boat gets to West Coast, it is put on train and then trucked.

When car arrives, no one else will drive it as it has been pre-sold to me.
I get to drive it and if I don't like it (highly doubtful) then he wil refund my deposit.

So, he has been true to his word so far. Hopefully the rest of the story will go as planned and it will arrive by end of next week.

The salesman I worked with I have some trust in as he was also very good to work with when I bought a CR-V their just 15 months ago. Their service has been very good.

Well that's my story. My FIT is nearly a GO (I hope).

By the way, when I first was interested in a FIT in June I spoke to another dealer who told me to forget it. They only get 1 per month and were not taking anyone's names. Boy, they know how to lose business.

So I wasted two months considering other cars (Versa, Yaris, Corolla) before I called this Honda dealer and lo and behold an entire different story.

So, try other dealers around you and look for one that sells lots of Honda and may have a recently expanded facility (if the story I received is true).

Quick Reply: Fit wait time.