General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Has anyone been picked at for having a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Has anyone been picked at for having a Fit?

A lot of people claim my car to be shitty. But I really feel the Fit has potential. And I have a desire to prove these bastards wrong.

Anyone have thoughts or proof this car is worth "suping up?"
Anyone with the same experiences?

This car is a really fun car to drive, stock or not. Ever since I got it from the dealership I have loved the car, and feel that anyone else who gets in and drives it loves it too! Especially a few of my friends who got in, where really surprised what the car could bring.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
probably, but i'm old so i don't care.

the fit is great for what it is, functional and economical.

if you want performance its cheaper to trade in the Fit and buy an Si or WRX.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:33 PM
5 Year Member
just show them your gun...

Old 03-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by MiStiC NiNja
probably, but i'm old so i don't care.

the fit is great for what it is, functional and economical.

if you want performance its cheaper to trade in the Fit and buy an Si or WRX.
Agreed. Take it from a guy who poured a bunch of money into a car I thought had potential... you can't put lipstick on a pig. If you want performance you bought the wrong car.

Here's a list, published in 2009, of cars that used cost the same as a fit and pack a decent punch: 10 Best Used Cars for Less Than $19,999 -- Inside Line

Old 03-11-2012, 02:43 PM
BRRRRAT, BRRRAT, that's the sound of my gat. >=o

Old 03-11-2012, 02:46 PM
I understand that it was made to be an economy car. My only aim is to make it fun. And have a little bit of balls =p

Old 03-11-2012, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
A lot of my good friends talk shit about how ugly they think it is. Luckily I have a Camaro that moves out at the drag strip and a suspension modded Turbo Forester too. Not to mention that the Fit beats the hell out of all of them at the Auto-X despite being 99% stock.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:13 PM
5 Year Member
D-FunkZ-^

Old 03-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Originally Posted by Funkster
Fit beats the hell out of all of them at the Auto-X despite being 99% stock.
Enough said. Who's getting the last laugh, @ 38mpg. I find myself shaking my head at people who pass me in Trucks/SUV's when I'm going 75+.

Old 03-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
I have been given the thumbs down, people have yelled shit at me as I drive by some dude even called me a fag and Honda Fits are for fags. For every one person that talks shit about my car and looks down on it there is 100 people that love my car. All I know is I really want to find that dude that called me a fag, so I can walk his ass with my "fag car"

Here is the thing, if your modding your car to get the approval of others your doing it wrong. There will always be haters and people telling you its a waste of money, if what your doing is making you happy and putting a smile on your face then keep at it and ignore the negative comments.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Picked at or picked on?
Is this a regional distinction like standing in line or standing on line?

I've had a few comments from co-workers, but I embrace it. I tell people I bought a new truck, then I show them the Fit.

Old 03-11-2012, 08:19 PM
why I'm loving my plate frame...

Old 03-11-2012, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
I think people confuse modding a Fit w/ trying to make it > or = an STI. I get some grief from friends w/ BMW's or Subaru's for this. I on the other hand, simply want a good looking functional daily driver and as such am happy w/ my fit. Now if I was taking it to the strip then their s*#t might be warranted.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Nope, I don't have those kinds of friends.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:52 PM
I work in a field where sarcasm is the norm. Its been called a chicks car, and it could fit in the bed of one of my colleagues pockup truck. But when i told them the real mpg and shoed w them the interior space they were impressed. We are all individuals, with different tastes. thats why there are so manydiferent cars. You like your car, thats what matters most.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:57 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Euromedic
I work in a field where sarcasm is the norm. Its been called a chicks car, and it could fit in the bed of one of my colleagues pockup truck. But when i told them the real mpg and shoed w them the interior space they were impressed. We are all individuals, with different tastes. thats why there are so manydiferent cars. You like your car, thats what matters most.
Agreed. More people are impressed w/ the Fit than not, but I don't want to be made to feel like I'm driving a Geo Metro on chrome rims

Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by lowkeymods
Agreed. More people are impressed w/ the Fit than not, but I don't want to be made to feel like I'm driving a Geo Metro on chrome rims
I only see a handful of Geo metros, and no more geo storm, trackers etc. Older Hondas on the other hand....

Some good natured fun is okay. The rest may just be people unwilling to adapt to the new reality of higher fuel prices and vehicles costs.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:51 PM
I could be like most of the neighbors and have a bmw/mb/lexus, but I'd rather put that kind of money toward important stuff like the mortgage or retirement. Yeah, our excess payments on real debt for this year will roughly equal a new 3 series, but in 5 years that 328i will be worth a bit more than half its new value, while the house will be doing at least even.

Seriously, if your friends care that much about your personal choices, they aren't very good friends. Fun, reliable, affordable, practical are all great reasons to get a car. Buying one as part of a weenie measuring contest is a fool's game.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
alllllll the time! lol, who cares, screw em, i laugh at em when i see em stomping mad at the gas pumps! ha

Old 03-12-2012, 01:09 AM
Just explain that you dont need a car too help supplement your feelings of self worth

Quick Reply: Has anyone been picked at for having a Fit?