General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Has anyone been picked at for having a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 09:47 PM
5 Year Member
Bought it!

We bought the 2008 Honda Fit Sport with 79K miles. We are happy. Sent pictures via email while we had him on the phone and he was happy, too. He was surprised to find he was getting something so new and pretty. He didn't know much about the Fit but said, "If it Fits, it sits!" That saying is apparently a saying found online with silly photos of cats sitting in unusual places.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:35 PM
5 Year Member
I just laugh at the gas pumps, then turn on my audio system and roll out while they stand there with their mouths open. I don't give a rat's butt about speed, my audio thou is another story

Old 06-08-2012, 06:19 PM
What is it with guys and auto V6 cars? My brother was telling me about a guy he works with that drives a 02 convertible auto V6 mustang and the guy is always running his mouth.

Old 06-08-2012, 06:52 PM
5 Year Member
I don't really give two shits what other people think about my car, or anything else really. I know more about cars than nearly anyone I know, so I have some confidence that whether you agree with my decision or not, it's not likely to have been a poor decision. I recommend this approach to haters. If I respond at all, I usually just say something like, well, guess we have a difference of opinion. When you stop there, it's hard for anyone to press the argument further. What are they gonna say ... "No, we don't! Whaddya think of that?" Uh huh.

Old 06-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Verbally? No.

In traffic? Everyday.

Old 06-08-2012, 08:10 PM
My friends poke fun at me because of what I've owned previously (compared to the Fit). It's all in jest though, nothing serious. I still have my "toy" car so they understand why I picked the Fit.

Old 06-09-2012, 07:46 PM
5 Year Member
people hate my car a lot, now that its slammed....lol

Old 06-09-2012, 08:25 PM
Haters

I just bought my 08 Fit Sport M/T about a month ago and totally love it. It is the blaze orange color - NOT something I lose in a crowd. I am a social worker and one of my clients the other day asked if I got a new car. I told her that I had. She said, "is it that really ugly orange thing out there in the parking lot?" Seriously!?!? WTF? My Fit is freaking beautiful! Screw 'em.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by chuckthomass13
What is it with guys and auto V6 cars? My brother was telling me about a guy he works with that drives a 02 convertible auto V6 mustang and the guy is always running his mouth.
Well as far as I remember the real Mustang had a 289 cu. in.V8 with a four speed manual tranny and a 4:11 rear end.And a HURST shifter.But that was then.Sorry guys, got derailed for a minute there,this is a FIT forum. JJ

Old 06-09-2012, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Verbally? No.

In traffic? Everyday.
Oh, being the maniac that I am, I decided to punish an SUV driver that thought they could get away with bullying me last night. They cut me off on my right of way... and then HONKED at me. So I proceeded to pass them. Of course, they tried, and failed miserably to speed up in an attempt to out pace me. They attempt to further compound the issue by swerving into me in a threatening manner as I was passing them. I didn't budge, and instead served right back at them as they returned to their lane. Then, to add insult to their injury, I finished cutting them off and slammed my brakes.

Actually, I jammed my shifter "into" the reverse area as I was braking. Not sure why I did that since the lockout prevented anything from happening. I wonder if it was enough to trigger the reverse light...

That idiot picked the wrong person to attempt to bully. Cause there are times I'm willing to stoop to that level of idiocy.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:47 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up Fits Are Great

Originally Posted by ErinM
I just bought my 08 Fit Sport M/T about a month ago and totally love it. It is the blaze orange color - NOT something I lose in a crowd. I am a social worker and one of my clients the other day asked if I got a new car. I told her that I had. She said, "is it that really ugly orange thing out there in the parking lot?" Seriously!?!? WTF? My Fit is freaking beautiful! Screw 'em.
That is one great Fit! The 5 Speed has some power. My Fit also stands out among the dull colored cars in most parking lots. I can't stand the colors that blend into asphalt; they blend in. You can see mine in my avatar for now. I have fun with my 5 speed.

Old 06-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I get made fun of by all my friends (considering the prior cars I've had). But I just laugh back when I say I no longer have car payments, or have to pay for premium gas. Per fillup, I pay $35 less for 100+ miles more range than my prior car.

Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM
5 Year Member
The guys over at Turbobricks gave me copious amounts of shit for picking a car that suits my and my wife's needs together, rather than a crusty old 245 that I wouldn't have time to restore.

I laugh at them at the pumps AND on windy roads. Getting this thing sideways is a blast.

Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Not really up here the car is kind of unique.There is only one dealer in the area and maybe has three fits on the lot at any time. People have been asking what kind of car it is.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:47 AM
I already posted about a client of mine having made fun of my car, but I just had to make another post because of an interaction I had with a couple strangers yesterday at a gas station. I was filling up and the lady behind me asked how I liked the car. I told her that I have only had it a little over a month, but that I totally love it. She was really nice and we talked about the mileage and stuff. Then, the guy at the pump next to us (a guy who surely didn't look like a "Fit kinda guy" told me that it was really cute - no sarcasm detected! It was really cool and absolutely erased the earlier dis from my client. Anyway, pretty great little interaction yesterday. Just thought I'd include that. Oh, and I got 35.4 mpg on this last tank - pretty much all in-town miles. Not too bad.

Old 06-16-2012, 12:19 PM
At first I got made fun of, then my taller friend got in and was like "this is a fucking clown car, there is so much room!" And a guy at the gas station was throwing me ugly looks until someone asked me what my mileage was and I told them 40mpg highway, 35 city. He just made a pained face as his SUV's gas tank continued to go to the $70 mark and then asked if I was serious. He did not look happy. Once people get in my car, they generally love it. And it's the vivid blue pearl for the GD's and I love it. I've had it for 4 years, and just hit 50k.

The "I'm not small, I'm fun sized" sticker I had made for the back windshield also entertains me and confuses other drivers. Probably offends them too...I love it.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by phenoyz
just show them your gun...
Name:  2012-01-25211549.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  43.2 KB

Originally Posted by Virrdog
Nope, I don't have those kinds of friends.
I don't either.....

Old 06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I've had my fit for about 3 weeks, maybe 4. Anyway, I've had a bunch of different people come up and talk to me. Most are really interested in the mileage and what it's like inside.

I am an IT contractor and have a couple of clients that think anything like a fit is garbage. One of my clients told me I wasted my money--he drives a fairly new loaded Buick getting about 21mpg. Another client of mine drives a Land Rover Discovery, he to insulted me by saying that--unbelievably--that his car will outlast mine in every way.

Oh, and there is my wife's co-worker. He's a real piece of work anyway--goes around making outrageous claims about everything he owns, from cell-phones to housing--and he's "never wrong". Anyway, he comes up to my wife and says his Malibu will outlast the fit. Now bare in mind this is not even my wife's car, it's mine which should explain even further how much of a troublemaker he is. Anyway, My wife basically told him that it will outlast any GM in the parking lot including her Saturn (I think she's getting extreme there) and that he probably won't be working at the company long enough to see it fail...

People either love the fit or they hate it. I will say this much I do get bullied around in the fit by some drivers, most of the time they are driving SUVs as others report. The fit gives me a different perspective, I can't help but think "how dumb are these people bashing the accelerator in a car that gets 18mpg-best-case-scenario just to be sitting next to me at a red light?"

Anyway--rant over.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by gdhi11
People either love the fit or they hate it. I will say this much I do get bullied around in the fit by some drivers, most of the time they are driving SUVs as others report. The fit gives me a different perspective, I can't help but think "how dumb are these people bashing the accelerator in a car that gets 18mpg-best-case-scenario just to be sitting next to me at a red light?"

Anyway--rant over.
Whatever. It's a car and if some people feel superior because of the money they spent on a status symbol, it's all up to them to be miserable in their pursuit of materialistic nirvana (which will of course drive them mad once they have found it's all absolutely meaningless).

Rock the Fit with your cock out. Drive smart, drive defensive. It will outhandle any car heavier than it, and when equipped with a manual, it's no slouch either. Remember than if someone wants to run you off the road, to memorize their license plate and position yourself so the "accident" puts the big d-bag in the SUV at fault