General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Has anyone been picked at for having a Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:17 AM
Nope, most of my firends are 28+ though and they know I'm the type of guy that just doesn't give a damn what anyone else things. Daily drove an M3 for the past 2 years so I've done the "nice car man" thing.... it's over-rated.

Now, if I drove a Mazda2, I'd deserve to be made fun of.

Old 03-12-2012, 04:43 AM
At one point of time had a mercedes wagon and BMW 5 series in our stable. Nice cars, rocksolid built chassis. Both turned out to be money pits in regards to mechanical and electronics though. So now we have the Fit for reliability, frugality, and fun; and a 2010 Camaro SS for bling factor and....fun

Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 AM
What year 5 series?

Originally Posted by Euromedic
At one point of time had a mercedes wagon and BMW 5 series in our stable. Nice cars, rocksolid built chassis. Both turned out to be money pits in regards to mechanical and electronics though. So now we have the Fit for reliability, frugality, and fun; and a 2010 Camaro SS for bling factor and....fun

Old 03-12-2012, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by MNfit
There will always be haters and people telling you its a waste of money.
when people say that i usually just say "good thing i have a job."

Old 03-12-2012, 12:03 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ZTHammonds
A lot of people claim my car to be shitty. But I really feel the Fit has potential. And I have a desire to prove these bastards wrong.

Anyone have thoughts or proof this car is worth "suping up?"
Anyone with the same experiences?

This car is a really fun car to drive, stock or not. Ever since I got it from the dealership I have loved the car, and feel that anyone else who gets in and drives it loves it too! Especially a few of my friends who got in, where really surprised what the car could bring.
I would make your "lot of people" shit themselves.

Originally Posted by MiStiC NiNja
probably, but i'm old so i don't care.

the fit is great for what it is, functional and economical.

if you want performance its cheaper to trade in the Fit and buy an Si or WRX.
this is true,

but tell that to the guys that had D series 1.5 ltrs in their older hondas.. they didn't upgrade to Si's or WRXes. O.O Who in their right mind wouldn't want to put a ton of power in a light weight eco car? eco are designed to have better aero too for the gas mileage. this is great for performance too. just give it power.

Originally Posted by Mr. Win
Agreed. Take it from a guy who poured a bunch of money into a car I thought had potential... you can't put lipstick on a pig. If you want performance you bought the wrong car.

Here's a list, published in 2009, of cars that used cost the same as a fit and pack a decent punch: 10 Best Used Cars for Less Than $19,999 -- Inside Line
I put lipstick all over this pig and she is hotter than the devils dick.

Originally Posted by MNfit
I have been given the thumbs down, people have yelled shit at me as I drive by some dude even called me a fag and Honda Fits are for fags. For every one person that talks shit about my car and looks down on it there is 100 people that love my car. All I know is I really want to find that dude that called me a fag, so I can walk his ass with my "fag car"

Here is the thing, if your modding your car to get the approval of others your doing it wrong. There will always be haters and people telling you its a waste of money, if what your doing is making you happy and putting a smile on your face then keep at it and ignore the negative comments.
+10000-, FAGS UNITE!

I work in a field where sarcasm is the norm. Its been called a chicks car, and it could fit in the bed of one of my colleagues pockup truck. But when i told them the real mpg and shoed w them the interior space they were impressed. We are all individuals, with different tastes. thats why there are so manydiferent cars. You like your car, thats what matters most.
and they called a Miata a girl's car too. lol Bottom line, that audience has NO clue.

I only see a handful of Geo metros, and no more geo storm, trackers etc. Older Hondas on the other hand....

Some good natured fun is okay. The rest may just be people unwilling to adapt to the new reality of higher fuel prices and vehicles costs.
One of my friends I've met in my HPDE school tracks a beautiful Lotus Exige. One track day he wanted to go to a local place to eat. He said he would drive. He pulled up in his 1 and only daily drive. A POS Geo metro. LIKE A BOSS!

Originally Posted by SardonicMedic
Just explain that you dont need a car too help supplement your feelings of self worth
Screw that, don't explain sh!t.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
Yup, my friends have given me s**t for buying a Fit. Coming from a VW (most of them still drive VW's) there is a certain extra hate, but I've owned a few Hondas and VW's, so its nothing new but they still enjoy busting my balls. I don't mind, I'm enjoying the car and quite like my ricer exhaust. Now if only my Fit was as fast as my swapped CRX was...

Old 03-12-2012, 07:03 PM
I never get this in person but my Mustang buddies give it to me on the Forums

I sold my 600hp Supercharged 2011 Mustang and bought my 2012 Fit.

The Mustang guys went nuts and called my Fit all kinds of names.It did not bother me one bit.I'm just the type of guy that does'nt give a rip.

I also ride scooters and have just as much fun as I do on my bikes.I also think it's a bit of a age thing,I'm 48 and have owned all kinds of fast cars both import and domestic.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:35 PM
5 Year Member
What J said.

A guy I work with drives a V6 Charger AT and talks about cars all day. Its basically like the living breathing mopar version of Honda-Tech asshattery. He has "kill" stories and BS galore.

None of these people save a handful I manage even know what I do with cars outside of the office. So I keep my trap shut, smile and nod.

He has made some rather amusingly misguided jabs at my GD, and I am pretty confident he has no idea its mine so I let it ride, mostly because I want to invite him to GLD to grudge race the GD3 when its done.

Except for some wheels, a slight drop on Swifts and brakes my car looks completely stock. But partly out of spite for these sorts of Jerk-offs (as well as for my own amusement) I am putting an AEM EMS, two fuel pumps and three turbos in my Fit.

Then I can drop the bomb that the Fit is my slow car. Granted.. pulling over in the staging lanes/horseshoe, bolting on the 26" Hoosiers and lighting them up in the waterbox may tip him off but it should be too late by then.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-12-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator
What is it with guys and auto V6 cars? My brother was telling me about a guy he works with that drives a 02 convertible auto V6 mustang and the guy is always running his mouth. The guys is a punk to when my bro will line up with the guy he wont run but when my bro isn't the guy will gun it

Old 03-12-2012, 08:05 PM
5 Year Member
Honestly I have no idea. Its completely baffling.

This guy talks so much $h1t that I could probably fertilize my entire acre lot if I could somehow bag what comes out of his foodhole.

My opinions on the AT aside.. why even buy a V6 Mustang or Charger?

Liking the look of it is one thing, and I can appreciate that I guess. But pretending its the fastest, most badass thing ever created has me at a loss.

It's like having one of those neutered 80s IROC-Z's that chucks out 170whp on a good day.

Just screams balding, beer gut with a low sperm count and desperate to distract you from it.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 03-12-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:38 PM
bitches love my honda fit

Old 03-12-2012, 11:42 PM
ever getting hated on for dumping $$$ on legit shit on the Fit... just because they only see it as a "FIT"?

too bad...

Old 03-12-2012, 11:45 PM
people seem to confuse other people's car as their own LMAO

Old 03-12-2012, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
If people didn't hate it, or misunderstood why it's an awesome car, then we wouldn't have a little cult, now would we?

The only time someone dogged my car were some wealthy teens who called it a minivan when I was discussing their interests, and mine, after declaring enthusiasm for automobiles. Punks. Otherwise, there is a ton of logic behind the Fit purchase for me, that I can explain it away defensibly to just about anyone.

If it were like, a Pontiac Vibe, which people might as well assume it is, I don't know what I'd say.

Old 03-13-2012, 01:27 AM
5 Year Member
I get hated on by a few people who "know" it's a Fit, and it gets alot of attention from people who have no idea what kind of Honda it is.

Old 03-13-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm proud to have a fit, at only 18 years old, it's awesome mpg, low price, and sporty look makes it my perfect car. Just like a lot of people said above, it may be slow, but take it out on a handling test and let the results amaze you. After a few mods, I'm loving my car more than ever. I can say I'm actually paying for my car and my mods with my own money. After seeing a lot of my pupils get spoiled by their parents with Benz and BMWs, then seeing them total them and do ridiculous mods like hang testicles on the back.

I'm more than proud to say that I drive a fit, that will cost less to fill up, maintain, and will be so much more fun to drive than any other car. Honda Fits FTW, oh and insurance prices aren't crazy!

Last edited by ivanjm422; 03-13-2012 at 02:37 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:55 PM
This was a good cartoon:

Old 03-13-2012, 01:14 PM
Thats funny, ^^^^^

So this topic came up yesterday at work, so and so just bought a big manly Hummer. "Wonder what he is making up for?" And I get complements on the fit ALOT but the ladies always tend to call it cute. So then I chimmed in about my car, what am I making up for in my "cute girl car" OH YEA THATS RIGHT LADIES HAHAHA

Old 03-13-2012, 01:21 PM
5 Year Member
@ that Hummer cartoon.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
........ why even buy a V6 Mustang or Charger?

Liking the look of it is one thing, and I can appreciate that I guess. But pretending its the fastest, most badass thing ever created has me at a loss.

It's like having one of those neutered 80s IROC-Z's that chucks out 170whp on a good day.

Just screams balding, beer gut with a low sperm count and desperate to distract you from it.
Damn, those kind of people still exist??? It never made sense to me, even back then with them Iroc's, Chargers & 5.0's. Loud cars (and even louder owners), that can only go fast in a straight line.

Definitely never been picked on, but one of my aunts tried to make a wise crack. We were gathered outside the church for a wedding or something, and there was a Smart car parked right in front. She said to me "Is that small car yours? It looks so cute." I sarcastically said "No, I'm not that smart, that's my car across the street". Confused, she looked for a while and then came back with "Oh you bought a Mercedes too?" to which I replied "No way, my car is reliable... it's never in the shop".

I guess with her MB infatuation she mistook my CBP GE8 for an R-Class from the rear. (my minor VIP mods probably added to her confusion). The funny thing is that she bought her 10+yr old Benz used (in 2008), she got a personal loan (not car loan/financing) from her credit union because she didn't want to pay the full coverage insurance. A few months after she bought it she got into a major front end collision (insurance would've probably totalled it), she then spent more than half of what she paid, just to fix it (not to mention the amount she's spent on regular maintanance repairs) . For that much she could've bought a brand new S-Class.

Old 03-13-2012, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ragingti
Yup, my friends have given me s**t for buying a Fit. Coming from a VW (most of them still drive VW's) there is a certain extra hate, but I've owned a few Hondas and VW's, so its nothing new but they still enjoy busting my balls. I don't mind, I'm enjoying the car and quite like my ricer exhaust. Now if only my Fit was as fast as my swapped CRX was...
Haha, yes! I have one particular friend that drives a 2004 jetta and another friend that drives a 1996 bmw that always makes fun of me. What's with the VW drivers that think they are the best, must be the snarky "german engineering". When VW's are not that reliable or not reliable at all.

Quick Reply: Has anyone been picked at for having a Fit?