General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Advertizing on the Side of your Fit???

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 06:40 PM
5 Year Member
Smile Advertizing on the Side of your Fit???

I was wondering if it were possible to put advertizements on the sides of the Fit and make some money at it. Has anyone every looked into the possibility?
Can you make enough to pay for some expense of ownership? I've seen some other makes of cars with ads on them and always wondered if the Fit could be used this way and what others, who did it, thought of the idea.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Your best bet would be to wrap your car. I know some companies pay to have cars wrapped, but they might be fleet cars or something. If you have your own company you can always wrap the car to advertise that.

Old 01-10-2012, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Juliane
Your best bet would be to wrap your car. I know some companies pay to have cars wrapped, but they might be fleet cars or something. If you have your own company you can always wrap the car to advertise that.
Thanks, I'll look into that.

Old 01-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Last year I had a NY company pay me $50 for a month of having a Sleepy's ad signs on my Prius. I liked it ,& would have like to continue. However it was a 1 month promotion only.

Old 01-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
if you are a home owner definitely check with the HOA rules... often times they will not allow cars like that park on the driveways or on visitors lots for a prolonged time.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kenchan
if you are a home owner definitely check with the HOA rules... often times they will not allow cars like that park on the driveways or on visitors lots for a prolonged time.
That's another valid point. I got parking citations from my old housing association saying that my car was advertising, even though it was only a little 3" x 10" sticker, which I argued was no more or less harmful than having driver license plates from your dealership.

It's highly unlikely to make enough money off of these advertisements to cover a lot of the car's costs, unless you do the complete wrap around the car, which does pay quite a bit, though I'd imagine it depends on your car, where you live, where you work, how far you drive, etc.

However, another perspective that is not considered is my industry -- insurance. It's common for people who put signs on their cars, whether tiny magnetic ones or complete wraps, to not make any adjustments to their policy, which isn't necessarily correct. In the event of a car accident, insurance companies obviously send someone to document the damage of the vehicles, and if they see a car with advertisements on it, they may deny the claim since they might consider the vehicle as one driven for business/commercial use (while most personal auto insurance policies have cars insured for commute/pleasure purposes) while not having been insured for that type of use. It's not always likely that they'll go that route, especially if you just end up scraping some paint off of someone's bumper, but in the event of you hitting a BMW M5 and injurying its driver, then they might look at things more closely.

So you'll just have to see if the money generated is enough to offset getting a more appropriate insurance policy (unless you want to take the risk of maintaining your "regular" personal auto insurance policy for commute/pleasure use).

Old 01-31-2012, 03:11 PM
5 Year Member
I hate insurance men.

Old 01-31-2012, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
It's cool, you're not my type anyway

Old 01-31-2012, 05:44 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't say anything about insurance women, though?????