General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

What are you getting your Fit for Christmas this year?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 01:25 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ianziti
Injen Cold Air Intake!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now the question of CAI or SRI setup?

Old 12-22-2011, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by pjaymac
Ah, thanks. No, I wasn't thinking of offroading, either. Just wondering what it was like in the snow in everyday driving. Did you put on new all-season tires, or do you have dedicated snow tires?

I have eight inches of clearance in my '06 CR-V (along with ABS and VSC, which the '12 Fit also has), and I still avoid driving in the snow if possible.
They are all seasons, Kumho Ecsta 4x, its their new tire

Old 12-22-2011, 01:53 PM
Put it in last weekend.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:19 PM
just picked up a T1R shift boot and e brake cover

Old 12-22-2011, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
They are all seasons, Kumho Ecsta 4x, its their new tire
Interesting! Thanks! I test drove a '12 Fit Sport Auto today for the second time (a month apart) and couldn't believe the noise from the tires. They sounded like the snow tires on my dad's '72 Ford Country Sedan station wagon! Holy cow. Are the Kumhos quieter?

I was also struck by the amount of engine noise. The '12 Insight, which I also test drove today, is much quieter by comparison.

Oddly, neither of these things leapt out at me on my first '12 Fit test drive last month. Don't think I could stand that level of cabin noise every day.

Old 12-23-2011, 12:40 AM
5 Year Member
X930bt with JDM hazard switch!!! Can't wait!

Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 AM
5 Year Member
Interesting! Thanks! I test drove a '12 Fit Sport Auto today for the second time (a month apart) and couldn't believe the noise from the tires. They sounded like the snow tires on my dad's '72 Ford Country Sedan station wagon! Holy cow. Are the Kumhos quieter?

I was also struck by the amount of engine noise. The '12 Insight, which I also test drove today, is much quieter by comparison.

Oddly, neither of these things leapt out at me on my first '12 Fit test drive last month. Don't think I could stand that level of cabin noise every day.
Stock tires are terrible, they stayed on my car for maybe 2 months if that. Kumhos are nice and quiet and grippy

The 2012 is supposed to have more cabin sound dampening than previous models so maybe your just listening too hard for something to find wrong with it... Idk plus the insight is a hybrid with ima so its obviously going to be less noise than the fit. Plus, do you drive in silence or do you ever put on the radio?

Old 12-23-2011, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator
So I lied about not getting my Fit anything for Xmas I ordered a AEM oil Temp gauge

Old 12-23-2011, 08:22 AM
5 Year Member
It arrived today, a gear shift extension to put on the Revo short shifter I picked up awhile back... I'm hoping the H-Fit piece I also have will fit on the other end of the stick.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member
I've drive my 2012 every day in Atlanta. I find it to be pretty quiet. I'm coming from a Dodge Caliber which was very noisy.

Some noise yes, but nothing like the Caliber and not bothersome at all to me. My wife really disliked the noise in the Caliber. She could tell the difference in the Fit right away. The noise factor was something she listened for when we shopped vehicles.

Last edited by 2012FitFan; 12-23-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:29 PM
5 Year Member
Stock tires are terrible, they stayed on my car for maybe 2 months if that. Kumhos are nice and quiet and grippy

The 2012 is supposed to have more cabin sound dampening than previous models so maybe your just listening too hard for something to find wrong with it... Idk plus the insight is a hybrid with ima so its obviously going to be less noise than the fit. Plus, do you drive in silence or do you ever put on the radio?
Nice that the Kumhos are quiet and grippy. And have you tested their effect on mileage, or do you not really care?

Fair point about not using the radio, but I couldn't possibly crank the radio loud enough to obscure the Fit's engine noise without making my ears bleed.

Yeah, I don't know why the Insight is quieter. Its engine is smaller (98 horsepower vs. 117 in the Fit), so I would think a smaller engine would have to work harder and thus be louder than a larger one to move a vehicle. Maybe the hybrid motor's presence has something to do with it.

Old 12-23-2011, 01:33 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 2012FitFan
I've drive my 2012 every day in Atlanta. I find it to be pretty quiet. I'm coming from a Dodge Caliber which was very noisy.

Some noise yes, but nothing like the Caliber and not bothersome at all to me. My wife really disliked the noise in the Caliber. She could tell the difference in the Fit right away. The noise factor was something she listened for when we shopped vehicles.
Nice, FitFan, that you aren't bothered by the noise at all. Thanks for letting me know. Interesting that your wife made lack of noise a factor in car shopping and still chose the Fit. That's telling.

I don't know; maybe if I bought the car and replaced the stock tires, that would help at least a little. But having to spend $300 or $400 on tires after just having bought a new car rankles, you know?

I guess there's also the possibility I would get used to the noise.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:12 AM
5 Year Member
Nice that the Kumhos are quiet and grippy. And have you tested their effect on mileage, or do you not really care?

Fair point about not using the radio, but I couldn't possibly crank the radio loud enough to obscure the Fit's engine noise without making my ears bleed.

Yeah, I don't know why the Insight is quieter. Its engine is smaller (98 horsepower vs. 117 in the Fit), so I would think a smaller engine would have to work harder and thus be louder than a larger one to move a vehicle. Maybe the hybrid motor's presence has something to do with it.
I wouldn't be able to effectively compare the stockers to what I have now because they are different size tires and they are mounted on aftermarket wheels...i would be comparing banana's to screws...

I am really quite shocked that you think the fit is a loud car....It is very quiet in my opinion unless your really pushing it and have an intake and exhaust on it.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
I wouldn't be able to effectively compare the stockers to what I have now because they are different size tires and they are mounted on aftermarket wheels...i would be comparing banana's to screws...

I am really quite shocked that you think the fit is a loud car....It is very quiet in my opinion unless your really pushing it and have an intake and exhaust on it.
Oh, I see, about the tire comparison. Thanks for letting me know, as I wouldn't want to have to buy aftermarket wheels in addition to new tires.

I guess judgment of engine noise is all relative. I wasn't pushing it hard on the test drive at all; I was just driving as I would drive my CR-V (which is to say, gently). And the V is not exactly a quiet vehicle, either. Even Consumer Reports said, in part, of the Fit, "road noise is pronounced." Not sure if road noise is different from tire noise in the mag's opinion.

I also didn't notice the engine or tire noise in my first Fit test drive last month, though that was of much shorter duration and for a much shorter distance (about 10 minutes and about six miles total versus about 40 minutes and 14 miles total). On the first test drive, I really didn't get it into fourth gear (the automatic), whereas on the second, I was in fourth gear (on the automatic as well) for most of the trip. That might have been a big difference, too, at least as far as engine noise goes. Not sure why I didn't notice the tire noise the first time out.

Old 12-24-2011, 12:16 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Texas Coyote
It arrived today, a gear shift extension to put on the Revo short shifter I picked up awhile back... I'm hoping the H-Fit piece I also have will fit on the other end of the stick.
What was wrong with the H-Fit I gave you? I've heard of both being installed, but that would be really short, maybe too short.

Old 12-24-2011, 11:44 PM
5 Year Member
Oh, I see, about the tire comparison. Thanks for letting me know, as I wouldn't want to have to buy aftermarket wheels in addition to new tires.

I guess judgment of engine noise is all relative. I wasn't pushing it hard on the test drive at all; I was just driving as I would drive my CR-V (which is to say, gently). And the V is not exactly a quiet vehicle, either. Even Consumer Reports said, in part, of the Fit, "road noise is pronounced." Not sure if road noise is different from tire noise in the mag's opinion.

I also didn't notice the engine or tire noise in my first Fit test drive last month, though that was of much shorter duration and for a much shorter distance (about 10 minutes and about six miles total versus about 40 minutes and 14 miles total). On the first test drive, I really didn't get it into fourth gear (the automatic), whereas on the second, I was in fourth gear (on the automatic as well) for most of the trip. That might have been a big difference, too, at least as far as engine noise goes. Not sure why I didn't notice the tire noise the first time out.
When they are referring to road noise it is exactly that, the noise heard caused by the road and driving factors like pavement, tires and wind. The fit does not have the best cabin dampening however the newer models 2012's were made a bit better than the older models.

Being that you were up in 4th gear I'm assuming you got onto some faster roads and cruised at that speed for awhile...is there a reason why you didnt throw it into 5th with the paddles? as long as your cruising and rpm's are low the engine is not loud at all. If your revving along at 3500 in 4th, yes its going to be a little noisy but why not at that point bring it into 5th and cruise on quietly?

In the end its obviously your decision, just throwing in my $.02

Old 12-24-2011, 11:52 PM
5 Year Member
When they are referring to road noise it is exactly that, the noise heard caused by the road and driving factors like pavement, tires and wind. The fit does not have the best cabin dampening however the newer models 2012's were made a bit better than the older models.

Being that you were up in 4th gear I'm assuming you got onto some faster roads and cruised at that speed for awhile...is there a reason why you didnt throw it into 5th with the paddles? as long as your cruising and rpm's are low the engine is not loud at all. If your revving along at 3500 in 4th, yes its going to be a little noisy but why not at that point bring it into 5th and cruise on quietly?

In the end its obviously your decision, just throwing in my $.02
Thanks! I wasn't on an interstate; it was a local road on which the speed limit was 45, and the traffic didn't allow much more than that. I have to admit, I didn't notice the RPM gauge's readings. Maybe I should go back for another test drive and take it out on a 55-mph highway to see what the noise is like there.

It's probably all relative. Different people react to sounds differently. Honda has obviously sold a lot of Fits, which means enough people are pleased with the interior noise levels.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Pre-ordered these for my 08 fit yesterday, should be coming in Feb or March: 16x8 +20 offset

Old 12-25-2011, 12:45 AM
5 Year Member
^So lame. A knock-off of an already lame wheel.

In other news, my Fit received the ability to carry these around:

Old 12-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I am looking at doing a short ram CAI. I have thought about dong this a while and just love the difference it makes in the engine running and sound.

Quick Reply: What are you getting your Fit for Christmas this year?