General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

How do they compare?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2011, 09:18 PM
How do they compare?

I am buying a car in a couple weeks and have been stuck on the fit forever because i love how compact they are but also so fun to drive around! I want a car that would be fun to autocross as well, stock and later on with some fun mods...

well, my buddy today mentioned the Mazda2 and how it was lighter than the Honda and everything and what not, but I dont know much about them... the Honda to me seems like a better deal and ive had previous problems with mazda trucks.

was just wondering what yall thought of the car if you knew anything? and in honest opinion is it worth considering?

Old 11-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Originally Posted by TeeZeeMee
I am buying a car in a couple weeks and have been stuck on the fit forever because i love how compact they are but also so fun to drive around! I want a car that would be fun to autocross as well, stock and later on with some fun mods...

well, my buddy today mentioned the Mazda2 and how it was lighter than the Honda and everything and what not, but I dont know much about them... the Honda to me seems like a better deal and ive had previous problems with mazda trucks.

was just wondering what yall thought of the car if you knew anything? and in honest opinion is it worth considering?
Test drive the Fit, then immediately after test drive the Mazda 2.

IMO the Mazda 2 is much smaller, much less useful, and much uglier. The rear doors basically go to the back of the hatch lol.

Is it worth considering? Of course. But go see for yourself.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:54 PM
The mazda2/ford fiesta is decent competitor to the fit. It's about what you want to use the car for. The fit has much better cargo space and a usable back seat. Depending on who you ask, the fiesta/mazda2 has more driving fun. Drive both and see what you like.

Old 11-19-2011, 01:45 PM
5 Year Member
I was under the impression that you were shopping used which would rule the Mazda2 out. If you're shopping new, I like the Mazda2 and would also give serious consideration to the Chevy Sonic 1.4t. I give it major credit for being actually built in the US, having a turbo, and having a 6-speed.

The one big plus that the Fit has over all others is known reliability and resale value that only comes with a Honda. Anything else could work out better, but is a gamble. We financed our Fit for 5 years and were right side up in it within a year. No other new car can say that.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
ugly, cheap, makes you look like a bonehead.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by kenchan
ugly, cheap, makes you look like a bonehead.

To the point, but true IMO. Mazda 2 = Yaris. Hate me.

Old 11-19-2011, 08:09 PM

WOW...If you really want something LIGHTER than the Honda Fit...uhhhh...I hope you never have any wind on a freeway or you'll end up blown across the road going the wrong way!

Old 11-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
WOW...If you really want something LIGHTER than the Honda Fit...uhhhh...I hope you never have any wind on a freeway or you'll end up blown across the road going the wrong way!
ha sure. you can just get 2 chunky friends in the car too and itll weigh the same. not a huge difference