General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Our Raspberry Blue Fit ~ FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 03:12 PM
5 Year Member
Just saw one the other day going the opposite way on the FWY. Really like the color, sure stands out from the blacks/whites/silvers on the FWY. That's why I'm adding bit by bit blue items to my car (drive a silver storm metallic base Fit).

Old 11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Gotcha! I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about changing the painted part inside the headlight housing. That was more common with the older Fit's when people didn't want them body color.

I'm guessing a hair dryer set on high would help get the film to conform to the complex shape. You could also try spray tint. I had great results using VHT Nite-Shades. They make a blue version... softys.ca: VHT Metal Tint Spray
I would certainly recommend testing on a clear piece of plastic first
OHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh...Now THAT I could probably do.Thanks for the link!

Originally Posted by B-Blue
Just saw one the other day going the opposite way on the FWY. Really like the color, sure stands out from the blacks/whites/silvers on the FWY. That's why I'm adding bit by bit blue items to my car (drive a silver storm metallic base Fit).
I just looked at your thread "JDM Honda Fit GD badge" and saw your Fit. It is beautiful!
Does the blue window tint keep the sun out as well as the other type? Cuz it is really nice!

Old 11-10-2011, 04:36 PM
5 Year Member
Great choice for last car too, for that matter

Oh my, I HOPE it's not her last car.
I was speaking generally, not specifically in reference to "her". And somewhat as a humorous aside. But never mind.

Last edited by afreespirit; 11-10-2011 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by afreespirit
I was speaking generally, not specifically in reference to "her". And somewhat as a humorous aside. But never mind.
HEY!I knew you were kidding and so was I.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
OHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh...Now THAT I could probably do.Thanks for the link!

I just looked at your thread "JDM Honda Fit GD badge" and saw your Fit. It is beautiful!
Does the blue window tint keep the sun out as well as the other type? Cuz it is really nice!
Thanks, yeah it does keep the sun out, but you need the windshield visor to really keep it cool. And just to let you know, it's two films, one blue, one dark with a semi reflective coating.

Old 11-10-2011, 10:47 PM
Originally Posted by B-Blue
Thanks, yeah it does keep the sun out, but you need the windshield visor to really keep it cool. And just to let you know, it's two films, one blue, one dark with a semi reflective coating.
Wow..that outta throw off the place I was going to take it and get it done.
Did you have to pay for 2 separate installs then? Why did you do it that way?
I ordered a Fit windshield visor from the dealership when we picked it up.
I love the blue tint yours has. Maybe a heavier or darker blue? I hate to pay for two jobs.

Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 PM
5 Year Member
HEY!I knew you were kidding and so was I.
Oh, ok. Didn't want you to think I meant something ominous--it was only when I read your comment I realized maybe it could have been taken that way...oops! Haha

Old 11-11-2011, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
Wow..that outta throw off the place I was going to take it and get it done.
Did you have to pay for 2 separate installs then? Why did you do it that way?
I ordered a Fit windshield visor from the dealership when we picked it up.
I love the blue tint yours has. Maybe a heavier or darker blue? I hate to pay for two jobs.
Yeah, it was costly. But it was the only way to do it. The blue film was just too light and would not keep the car as cool. So the other darker tint was applied to help and make the blue tint not be too blue. I couldn't find a darker blue tint, so this was the only way to get it done how I wanted.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Added new pics, new album

Originally Posted by Subie
Ahhh... finally! Congrats! Nice pix. Matching nail polish comes next.
Wow Subie...you have ESP!!

Really, we had this nail polish long before the car.She has been soooo busy with tests for the past 2 weeks, we haven't had time to do a nail polish/car shoot combo.
It is a lousy ucky day out....cold, windy, and no sun.I did her nails last night and then dragged her away from homework for a few cloudy day pics.

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums - Blueeyed Banditti's Albums

Last edited by Blueeyed Banditti; 11-19-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:29 PM
5 Year Member
Seeing the smile on your daughters face brought a smile to mine There's nothing better than your first car and she has a great one.

I know that money doesn't grow on trees, but if it were my kids car (he's only one so it will be a while) I would tint the windows and watch on here for someone selling their sport model wheels with tires. That would be the cheapest way to make a huge visual improvement.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by GAFIT
Seeing the smile on your daughters face brought a smile to mine There's nothing better than your first car and she has a great one.

I know that money doesn't grow on trees, but if it were my kids car (he's only one so it will be a while) I would tint the windows and watch on here for someone selling their sport model wheels with tires. That would be the cheapest way to make a huge visual improvement.
Yeah, the smile melts my heart.

I totally know what you mean. My first thread on here was complaining about the UGLY wheels on the Base Fit. I'm trying to watch for some nice ones on the forum here. If you see a good deal, let me know. Name:  smilieblueyay.gif
Views: 103
Size:  1.3 KB

I have gotten a quote for 189.00 for tinting all windows. I think she might get that from Santa.

Old 11-23-2011, 01:10 AM
5 Year Member
BB, I finally saw a fit with the color of yours today.. That color looks much better in person... Nice color choice btw.
Oh! I believe in Santa too, think by any chance I will wake up and find a new set of wheels under my Christmas tree