General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

Our Raspberry Blue Fit ~ FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by Wanderer.
Car and color are perfect for her.

Congrats!

Also, i'd much rather have those wheel covers than the 2010 ones, they look much better IMO.

It's nice to hear someone say something positive about those wheels.Name:  smilieclap.gif
Views: 108
Size:  3.4 KB One guy on here said they make him puke. LOLOL...the salesman told me they have had nothing but positive comments about the wheels.

In any case, I don't have money right now to be swapping wheels, and my daughter does not care.Name:  4464918548_1b0849941b.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  11.4 KB

I just looked at the 2010 wheels. I can't believe how similar they are...in fact, identical I think.(although there is a slit in each spoke on the 2010's)

You're right, it is a perfect car and color for someone who doesn't like to "fit in" ~ and she does NOT like to fit in. She's always ignored peer pressure, calls herself a nerd, and is proud of it. Name:  1victory2.gif
Views: 113
Size:  1.0 KB

Thanks for the positive comments. =o)

Old 11-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Wowzers! The Raspberry Blue looks pretty good!

Congrats to you both! I'm sure she's enjoying it!

Old 11-03-2011, 11:21 PM
5 Year Member
Love the Rasberry Blue color bcuz it is so different!
Previc93's wife just painted their GD3 "Panik Attack Pink" lol, that's what i call it anyway.
You got a great lil car for your daughter good work Mom!! If ya have any questions about your Fit especially Jazz'n it up be sure to ask here. We love Mods.
Here's a shot of the P.A.P Fit:

Last edited by Perrenoud Fit; 11-03-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Just wanted to add my "congrats" to everyone else's! I love that color! Very cute and what a great car for a young woman. I know I love mine and hope she gets as much enjoyment out of hers, too. I can't believe the gas mileage at times. I've gotten 40 mpg on the highway with a healthy oil level! FTW!!!!

Old 11-05-2011, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
Lucky daughter

The braces, the car and her eyes all seem to match! Or am I going color blind?

Great buy, Mom. You should be proud

Old 11-05-2011, 01:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Perrenoud Fit
Previc93's wife just painted their GD3 "Panik Attack Pink" lol, that's what i call it anyway.
You got a great lil car for your daughter good work Mom!! If ya have any questions about your Fit especially Jazz'n it up be sure to ask here. We love Mods.
Wow- you can't miss that in traffic Would love to see a Blue Raspberry Fit next to the Panik Attack Pink!

Old 11-05-2011, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
wow wait till pandahh get a look at this! i predict a GE looking very similar - lol

OP more pics please, and anyone on here have a few pics of the "sport version" of this color? (real life not internet pics)

Old 11-05-2011, 09:15 PM
5 Year Member
Congrat's to Mom and Daughter Our Fit has been a joy to own. The level of Fun combined with efficiency is hard to beat.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by GVlog
Wowzers! The Raspberry Blue looks pretty good!

Congrats to you both! I'm sure she's enjoying it!
Thanks! She's still worried she is going to wreck it. I think she will get over that soon, HOPEFULLY!Name:  thanks-1.gif
Views: 102
Size:  785 Bytes

Wow...That is so pretty! Name:  newWow.gif
Views: 105
Size:  4.7 KB
I have a ton of mods that I think would be great. Unfortunately, most of you guys are talented and know how to do the mods yourselves. I would have to hire someone. I wanted to get the headlights done blue. Javafit told me it's really hard to do. I did get an estimate on window tinting for 189.00 for all windows, except the front windshield. That will probably be the first "mod" we will get done. I wouldn't even know who to look for to do mods on her car.

Originally Posted by SilverLady
Just wanted to add my "congrats" to everyone else's! I love that color! Very cute and what a great car for a young woman. I know I love mine and hope she gets as much enjoyment out of hers, too. I can't believe the gas mileage at times. I've gotten 40 mpg on the highway with a healthy oil level! FTW!!!!
I have driven it quite a bit and it handles like a dream, I think. The idea of this new car was to get her through medical school. She will be driving it for probably 6-7 years and I wanted her to have something reliable and safe to drive. It sounds like it was a good choice ~ according to all the wonderful people on the forum.

Originally Posted by j1nNju1c3
Lucky daughter

The braces, the car and her eyes all seem to match! Or am I going color blind?

Great buy, Mom. You should be proud
LOL...no, she has one appt. a month with the orthodontist and each time they ask what color she wants. She asked for turquoise this time and she never imagined how exactly the car would look when it finally arrived. If you look on Honda.com, at the "build your own Fit" and look at the Raspberry Blue, it looks nothing like the car we got, but she LOVES it. If someone really had their heart set on the color at the Honda site, they would not be happy.Name:  doh.gif
Views: 107
Size:  2.7 KB

Originally Posted by sooznd
Wow- you can't miss that in traffic Would love to see a Blue Raspberry Fit next to the Panik Attack Pink!
We were at the mall the other night and spotted the new fit in a sea of cars...LOL...ya can't miss it.Name:  rubeyes.gif
Views: 106
Size:  1.7 KB

Originally Posted by GAFIT
Congrat's to Mom and Daughter Our Fit has been a joy to own. The level of Fun combined with efficiency is hard to beat.
It is fun...she likes how easy it handles compared to my car and 2 Civics she has driven. The Fit seems much shorter and so much glass, it's easy to see everything around you.

Originally Posted by vtecfit1
wow wait till pandahh get a look at this! i predict a GE looking very similar - lol

OP more pics please, and anyone on here have a few pics of the "sport version" of this color? (real life not internet pics)
Name:  honda18.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  150.2 KBName:  honda12-1.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  152.4 KBI haven't seen any other Raspberry Blues around here or all of Cincinnati. There are red, silver, and white Fits on on her campus. One is her Professor in Organic Chemistry. Her saw her pics on her Facebook and said the next day, "Well, I see great minds think alike. I saw your FB pics." He drives a red sport Fit.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:49 PM
5 Year Member
Amazing- the car looks tealish green in some photos and in others it looks blue- almost like the old Vivid Blue Pearl color of the 2007 & 2008 Fits.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rl-thread.html

Last edited by sooznd; 11-08-2011 at 05:52 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Amazing- the car looks tealish green in some photos and in others it looks blue- almost like the old Vivid Blue Pearl color of the 2007 & 2008 Fits.
I tried to post a side by side of the one on Honda website and our Fit...can't post pics in a post?? If so, then why did the bright pink car pic work? I'm confused.
Name:  BU_base_34FRONT.png
Views: 163
Size:  62.4 KB

Old 11-08-2011, 06:18 PM

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...rl-thread.html
It's more like the top part of the windshield in post #716 - deeper than that turquoise, but not like the Vivid Blue....more like a Vivid Turquoise.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Blueeyed Banditti
I did get an estimate on window tinting for 189.00 for all windows, except the front windshield.
That is the best looking and most functional of any "mod" that can be done. I had ours tinted the first week and my Mom, who has a 2011 Fit Sport auto, had hers tinted by the second week. I could not imagine having to drive around in this fishbowl without tinted windows.

Changing the headlight color is quite a job because the headlights have to be separated (usually by baking in an oven) to get them apart, painting and then re-sealed.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM
5 Year Member
I have a ton of mods that I think would be great.
I did get an estimate on window tinting for 189.00 for all windows, except the front windshield. That will probably be the first "mod" we will get done. I wouldn't even know who to look for to do mods on her car.
Good call on the window tints. BB, part of the "letting go" is having her decide the mods she wants... or don't want.

...your emoticons are making me dizzy...

Old 11-08-2011, 07:47 PM
5 Year Member
BTW, be prepared to end up driving a Fit yourself. They are addictive. It is the cheapest, least powerful car I have ever owned. Even my motorcycles have/had more power, but we love the darn thing. Our "infection" spread to friends of ours and my parents. There are cars that get better mileage and one's that are more fun, but few strike a good balance between the two.

Old 11-08-2011, 08:04 PM
Wink

Congrats and welcome to FF! This is a pretty good site, even thought I'm a troll I plan on staying here because of the vibe I've gotten for the past 1.5+ years.

Great choice for first car for sure

Old 11-08-2011, 11:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
Great choice for last car too, for that matter

Old 11-09-2011, 12:51 AM
5 Year Member
I'm a bit jealous.

My first car was a 15 year old Jetta, in which I replaced every single electrical component haha, and I had to wait 5 years for a Fit of my own lol.

Congrats to you and your daughter, that really is an outstanding color.

Old 11-10-2011, 01:38 PM
That is the best looking and most functional of any "mod" that can be done. I had ours tinted the first week and my Mom, who has a 2011 Fit Sport auto, had hers tinted by the second week. I could not imagine having to drive around in this fishbowl without tinted windows.

Changing the headlight color is quite a job because the headlights have to be separated (usually by baking in an oven) to get them apart, painting and then re-sealed.
Well, I was talking to Java^FiT and he just informed me about the blue film, NOT the bulb. He said he went through one set of the blue film and had to order a second set before he got it right. Said it was very difficult to get on because of the curve of the headlight.
I read instructions from the company that makes the headlight film kits and I know I could not do it...if I had fifty kits to play with.Name:  a15.png
Views: 111
Size:  740 Bytes I'd have to find someone locally who is experienced at it.

Originally Posted by Subie
Good call on the window tints. BB, part of the "letting go" is having her decide the mods she wants... or don't want.

...your emoticons are making me dizzy...
Well, I know, but she is SO busy with school, she doesn't have time to care about ANY mods.

BTW, be prepared to end up driving a Fit yourself. They are addictive. It is the cheapest, least powerful car I have ever owned. Even my motorcycles have/had more power, but we love the darn thing. Our "infection" spread to friends of ours and my parents. There are cars that get better mileage and one's that are more fun, but few strike a good balance between the two.
I'm finding this out. If they would come back out with that blue Sooznd has (sorta periwinkle blue) I'd have to get it.

Originally Posted by Klasse Act
Congrats and welcome to FF! This is a pretty good site, even thought I'm a troll I plan on staying here because of the vibe I've gotten for the past 1.5+ years.

Thanks! Everyone here is very kind.

Originally Posted by afreespirit
Great choice for last car too, for that matter
Oh my, I HOPE it's not her last car.

Originally Posted by mike410b
I'm a bit jealous.

My first car was a 15 year old Jetta, in which I replaced every single electrical component haha, and I had to wait 5 years for a Fit of my own lol.

Congrats to you and your daughter, that really is an outstanding color.
Thanks Mike. It's outstanding alright...it stands out. No one could get away with anything driving that car.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:50 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I was talking to Java^FiT and he just informed me about the blue film, NOT the bulb.
Gotcha! I misunderstood. I thought you were talking about changing the painted part inside the headlight housing. That was more common with the older Fit's when people didn't want them body color.

I'm guessing a hair dryer set on high would help get the film to conform to the complex shape. You could also try spray tint. I had great results using VHT Nite-Shades. They make a blue version... softys.ca: VHT Metal Tint Spray
I would certainly recommend testing on a clear piece of plastic first

Quick Reply: Our Raspberry Blue Fit ~ FINALLY!