General Fit Talk General Discussion on the Honda Fit/Jazz.

New to forums, first-time Fit owner!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
New to forums, first-time Fit owner!

Herro! Just wanted to drop by and actually register to FF for the first time. I figure the collective resources of gearheads and enthusiast will be beneficial for me in the future in regards to future modding, troubleshooting, etc.

I became the owner of a preowned 2008 Honda Fit Sport 3 days ago, and have been loving that car! While the endeavors of getting to buy this car was a little bit of a hassle and the crappy detailing down by CarMax has left me to occupy myself for a couple of days... It's still a fantastic car.

I'll post a few pics of it once I finish detailing the exterior of the car.

PS: I'm assuming while they were trying to 'detail' my car, they left some buffing compound (i'm assuming it's that) in the cracks of the trim/door handles/various spots and would like to get some advice if a simple buffer will get rid of this? Or will a simple scrubbing with an old soft toothbrush will get rid of these?

They substance is white and brittle but a hassle to remove with even a piece of cloth, but scraping it with my fingernail does take it off.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Oh, That Guy.
Herro! Just wanted to drop by and actually register to FF for the first time. I figure the collective resources of gearheads and enthusiast will be beneficial for me in the future in regards to future modding, troubleshooting, etc.

I became the owner of a preowned 2008 Honda Fit Sport 3 days ago, and have been loving that car! While the endeavors of getting to buy this car was a little bit of a hassle and the crappy detailing down by CarMax has left me to occupy myself for a couple of days... It's still a fantastic car.

I'll post a few pics of it once I finish detailing the exterior of the car.

PS: I'm assuming while they were trying to 'detail' my car, they left some buffing compound (i'm assuming it's that) in the cracks of the trim/door handles/various spots and would like to get some advice if a simple buffer will get rid of this? Or will a simple scrubbing with an old soft toothbrush will get rid of these?

They substance is white and brittle but a hassle to remove with even a piece of cloth, but scraping it with my fingernail does take it off.
Hi and welcome to FF.Try with WD-40.I think it will take it off.Glad to meet you.See you around the forum......

Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by StormSurfer
Hi and welcome to FF.Try with WD-40.I think it will take it off.Glad to meet you.See you around the forum......
Should i just directly spray it on the areas needed to be cleaned and use a microfiber/basic cloth to clean it off?

Old 10-26-2011, 02:34 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
i think they just left some wax. you can take some QuickDetailer spray and a soft microfiber towel and push the towel into the nook to grab hold of the dried wax.